September 18Sep 18 comment_333108 Would anybody happen to have any info regarding why Stealth is down. I know it's rolled back twice now. I'm supposed to be going to the 20th anniversary event too.
September 18Sep 18 comment_333109 2 hours ago, MrCard96 said:Would anybody happen to have any info regarding why Stealth is down. I know it's rolled back twice now. I'm supposed to be going to the 20th anniversary event too.It rolled back in the morning yesterday, opened for the last half hour of the day and was running very slowly. It stayed closed all day today. Clearly an issue with it at the moment but could be a number of different things and difficult to say how long it'll be till its resolved.
September 19Sep 19 comment_333116 Hasn't opened at all today. I'm beginning to think we could have a lengthy closure coming. I'm supposed to be going to the event on the 28th. I'm guessing they would re schedule it.
September 20Sep 20 comment_333118 It would certainly be sod's law if the ride experienced prolonged downtime and couldn't open for an event specifically for it, and just before the park's busiest time of the year.
September 20Sep 20 comment_333121 Friends with an engineer, he says she should be up today at some point, or failing that tomorrow..
September 21Sep 21 comment_333139 On 9/20/2026 at 12:26 PM, Jax said:Friends with an engineer, he says she should be up today at some point, or failing that tomorrow..Thanks for the info Jax. I ended up taking a 6 hour drive today to visit. Got a fair few rides in on her. Massive thanks for the engineers that get her back. She ran amazing today.
September 22Sep 22 comment_333144 I forgot to mention. Today for a good while of Stealth operating there was engineering checking in on how she was operating and keeping up with demand. The skills of engineering really is vastly incredible. Especially maintaining the most complex hydraulic coaster in the world. I can certainly see Stealth lasting a few more years for sure because that launch will never get old.
September 22Sep 22 comment_333145 I also feel like Merlin are in a good place with maintaining hydraulic launches like Stealth. Skilled engineers, best source of getting parts and general up keep of these attractions is strong. Stealth is just massively complex and to keep her going for as long as they do is breathtaking. I take each launch thinking how lucky we are to have these amazing moments ❤️
3 hours ago3 hr comment_333222 Wow, that Stealth 20 Years of Speed Event last evening. I had to change my mindset as normally I would be at TP to ride, but this was about The Ride. The day was interesting as I was aware that the discussions were about Stealth, our own achievements on it and the staffing, Riders normally are not interested in technicalities; the Event was in fact a great opportunity to meet and be amongst like minded people there to celebrate one thing, Stealth. It gave us the chance to chat, including with various staff members which we don't normally have the chance to, all the operating crew for the evening were volunteers. Some of the staff who work in the background were there and that too was a pleasure to be able to talk to them.I could go on but I am sure that there are members here who will also have interesting comments.Well done to Thorpe Park.Planenut
1 hour ago1 hr comment_333223 It was an amazing event for sure, I was on the final train of the night and the vibe was immaculate, especially with Amir (operator) paying homage to some of the other Accelerator coasters by riddling off their announcements. It just goes to show how much people love this ride and it's legacy.10/10 event and I would love to see something like this again soon!
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.