Chessington General Discussion

Ash

I wasn't being sarcasticIt was boiling at thorpe today and as chessington is just round the corner assumed that would be to.

Yes was but Chessington is better than thorpe with queue times and everything (go CWOA!)Anyway... yes 20 mins was quite good but it did reach 40 mins to be honest for about half an hour when the sun first came out then went down and leveled on 20 mins throughout the sunny period.(Shame about Loggers Leap at THORPE PARK :P)

Get an Annual Pass!Get for £24 each. It is worth it if you plan to go on days where you know the closing time will be extended (10k by 1pm) or arrange to go on a quiet day and these can be weekends like mine are!Look at the weather. If you think er.. .No then go! Rain usually means less queuing just wrap up warm! :P

Well I have Thorpe Anuual only but guess Merlin one next year :P Never knew you could get money off fastracks.

I've a strange question on Chessington, hope someone can anser.What is Chessington's weather policy. What I mean is, how bad does it have to rain, wind or what ever before chessington just closes. Also, during the cold weather are there some atractions that can not run?

I've a strange question on Chessington, hope someone can anser.What is Chessington's weather policy. What I mean is, how bad does it have to rain, wind or what ever before chessington just closes. Also, during the cold weather are there some atractions that can not run?

Generally, Chessington is not as badly affected as Thorpe Park is by the weather. (This is understandable as Thorpe Park has many more thrill and larger rides). I think rides such as Dragon's Fury and Vampire are affected the same as Colossus and Nemesis are for example. Usually, if it is just spitting, most if not all of the attractions will remain open. If it is torrential rain however, it is more than likely that more attractions will close for the duration of the severe weather. But then again, Chessington has Tomb Blaster, Bubbleworks etc which are indoors, therefore won't be affected by the rain. And many of the rides that are not very tall won't get affected by weather very easily. I know that in the past on my visits Ramases Revenge has experienced some difficulty operating in the rain, as did Samurai before it was moved.Hope this helps :).

Generally, Chessington is not as badly affected as Thorpe Park is by the weather. (This is understandable as Thorpe Park has many more thrill and larger rides). I think rides such as Dragon's Fury and Vampire are affected the same as Colossus and Nemesis are for example. Usually, if it is just spitting, most if not all of the attractions will remain open. If it is torrential rain however, it is more than likely that more attractions will close for the duration of the severe weather. But then again, Chessington has Tomb Blaster, Bubbleworks etc which are indoors, therefore won't be affected by the rain. And many of the rides that are not very tall won't get affected by weather very easily. I know that in the past on my visits Ramases Revenge has experienced some difficulty operating in the rain, as did Samurai before it was moved.Hope this helps :).

To be honest, Me being a Vampire Nerd! :D , I have never been stopped on Vampire from boarding due to heavy rain. Usually, a staff announcement usually says about the weather and your choice to ride yet so others let you go in front if you dont mind getting wet. (This has happened to me before). But usually, all weather, I am boarding Vampire! :D Another ride that has not been mensioned is Rodger the Dodgers Dodgems. If there is heavy rain then the Dodgems does temporally stop operating. Chessington & Zoo is good because most rides apart from usually Dragon's Fury and Rodger the Dodgers Dodgems are usually open in all weather! :DOh, and what Paul said about Dragon's Fury being closed during poor weather. That is definately 100% true unfortunately! :D (Angry face as Dragon's Fury is fun in the rain!)

RR always experiences problems, but I was very please with the fact it remained open all day today.Thanks Paul

The only rides which definitly close in the weather are Safari Skyway and Peeking Heights, the main reason being the ride becomes very uncomfortable. Other rides which can be effected by the weather are Tiny Truckers, Griffins Galleon, Rattlesnake, The Dodgems and Black Bucaneer.Fury actually behaves itself in the rain surprisingly.

The only rides which definitly close in the weather are Safari Skyway and Peeking Heights, the main reason being the ride becomes very uncomfortable. Other rides which can be effected by the weather are Tiny Truckers, Griffins Galleon, Rattlesnake, The Dodgems and Black Bucaneer.Fury actually behaves itself in the rain surprisingly.

If Fury behaves itself in rain, why is it I always get 'closed due to weather conditions' :( How could I have forgot Safari Skyway! That is because it has to go uphill near seastorm and the carousel isn't it Mark?

Tiny Truckers?. Why?. I would have thought if anything because it's a small ride, it will remain open regardless but maybe I'm missing something?

It wasn't 30 mins though lol, it was 5. Most que times were messed up in morning on que boards, they all said 0 when they wern't. Managed to sort out by afternoon.

Take it then you went today to CWOA!What was the queues like for Vampire, Dragon's Fury, Rattlesnake, Runaway Train, Tomb Blaster and Bubbleworks?Cheers Matt!

Lol, the Tiny Truckers queline showed 30 mins ...... who on earth put that there :S

Trucks has the most jumpy queue time in the whole park. Because of its location next to Market Square and Carousel it tends to suffer from really really long queues. Normally, the only way of keeping the queue manageable is to slightly inflate the queue time shown on the LED board. It the queue board had said 5 minutes, chances are the queue would come out the entrance and overflow into the main part of Toytown.From what I saw today average queues at the park were.Fury - 60 minutesVampire - 45 minutesTomb Blaster - 50 minutesRunaway Train - 45 minutesDragon Falls - 45 minutesRattlesnake - 30 minutesBubbleworks - 40 minutesThe park closed at 7 today as it was quite busy.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion