Chessington General Discussion

Ash

hidoes anyone know the fastest and cheapest routes from chessington at the end of the day to windsor,datchet,langley or eton.I can only find 2 hour routes and I need some help.

71 Bus to Surbiton from outside park gates (about 15-20 minutes), train from Surbiton to Clapham Junction (15-20 mins), train from Clapham to Windsor and Eton Riverside (35 - 40 mins)Probably your best choice!

Yes but then fastrack is an add on, the entrance fee and car park charge easily pushes Alton's charges over Chessington :lol:

Meanwhile single rider queues at Alton Towers means less people feel the need to dish out on Fastrack, when single rider queues can be just as quick! :P Why did Chessington get rid of the Single Rider queue on Fury? I remember using it a lot. :P

Meanwhile single rider queues at Alton Towers means less people feel the need to dish out on Fastrack, when single rider queues can be just as quick! :lol: Why did Chessington get rid of the Single Rider queue on Fury? I remember using it a lot. :P

I think they got rid of Dragon's Fury single rider queue as it did not effect the main queue really at all.Also, I think the single rider queue was up Dragon's Fury exit causing pathways to become blocked.Think about it if you have ever been issued with an exit pass or have / know someone with a disibility. It can get pretty crowded up there as it is without the use of a single rider queue on top of it! :P

Yes it is. I have one quick question, I would like people's opinions on. I would love to work at Chessington, and on the train it would take me 2 hours each way, and cost me just £4 each way. Do you think it is worth it to apply for a job there?I sure do. :P

How are you getting it for £4?I personally think that it is worth while applying!I really want to work at Chessington & Zoo as well. However, It will cost me more as I am in Brighton to get up there.If it is only £4 and you are prepared to get up early. Then go for it and all the best of luck from me! :PIf you are thinking of working in Rides and Attractions; I am pretty sure that you would have to be on park by 9am.If there is anything you wish to ask, feel free to message me and I will endeavour to answer! :P

How are you getting it for £4?I personally think that it is worth while applying!I really want to work at Chessington & Zoo as well. However, It will cost me more as I am in Brighton to get up there.If it is only £4 and you are prepared to get up early. Then go for it and all the best of luck from me! :PIf you are thinking of working in Rides and Attractions; I am pretty sure that you would have to be on park by 9am.If there is anything you wish to ask, feel free to message me and I will endeavour to answer! :P

The train fare is £8.00 off peak for a day return. I would be leaving at 7am anyway, so I would be entitled to off-peak prices. The only thing I'm not too sure about is the 2 hour journey each way, although I suppose if I just plug my ipod in, I won't get too bored. Also, the train has 2 changes, so it's not like I would be sitting on the same train for 2 hours. The journey means I would leave home at 7am, to be on park for 9am, and get home for probably 7pm, that is if I finish at 5pm. This day (7am - 7pm) would earn me just over £38, which I would be more than happy with, (considering I already have another part-time job).I keep thinking that it is rather impractical, however if everyone just did everything that was the easiest option, the world would be a boring place!

The train fare is £8.00 off peak for a day return. I would be leaving at 7am anyway, so I would be entitled to off-peak prices. The only thing I'm not too sure about is the 2 hour journey each way, although I suppose if I just plug my ipod in, I won't get too bored. Also, the train has 2 changes, so it's not like I would be sitting on the same train for 2 hours. The journey means I would leave home at 7am, to be on park for 9am, and get home for probably 7pm, that is if I finish at 5pm. This day (7am - 7pm) would earn me just over £38, which I would be more than happy with, (considering I already have another part-time job).I keep thinking that it is rather impractical, however if everyone just did everything that was the easiest option, the world would be a boring place!

Exactly!It will take me 45 mins from Brighton to CWoA & Zoo by car. I am saying this as you can get the train, but as soon as you can drive. It should be quicker.If you are in Year 11 or above, I would not reconmend having 2 part time jobs.Year 11 and above is incredibly hard, so I would give up one. (Based on whether you feel as if you can cope with 2 + an education + a social life).You would probably get home at 7pm alot as I find Chessington usually closes at 5pm.The only dates where you know you will definately not get back until later is all of August and Halloween Hocus Pocus.All I can say Paul is...If you are happy with the pay you will get, getting up to the park and time getting home, then GO FOR IT!The only thing to take into consideration is that you will not leave when the park closes usually.You will have to wait until the queue line clears and has been fully cleaned.If you were on Griffins Galleon, then that does not have a large queue, so you would be out earler.Whereas, If you had a queue like Vampire, you would have to wait for it to be cleared and cleaned.(And we all know that some rides are still going half an hour after closing. (Which is great as a guest POV!) :P

Thanks for the advice.Another question.... are all the shifts all day? Or could there be the chance of doing shorter shifts, such as 9am - 3pm etc.?That way, I could get home before 6/7 o clock. Also, I am going into year 11 in September although my other part-time job is only in the evening (usually 7pm onwards), so this wouldn't be much of a problem.EDIT: I've just been looking on the train ticket website, and it turns out that the £8 return fare is only on trains after 8am, which will be no good for me. I would still like to work there, so I suppose now it's just a case of waiting until I can drive - which then the journey time is only 50 minutes or so. Oh well, it's only around a year and a half until I should be on the road!

Thanks for the advice?Another question.... are all the shifts all day? Or could there be the chance of doing shorter shifts, such as 9am - 3pm etc.?That way, I could get home before 6/7 o clock. Also, I am going into year 11 in September although my other part-time job is only in the evening (usually 7pm onwards), so this wouldn't be much of a problem.

You will only be able to work at Chessington & Zoo for selected hours as you will still be in compulsary education doing your GCSE's.So yes, Your shifts will not be all day. You might need to consider this before applying.If you go onto the Recruitment site, then it will explain the Terms and Conditions for working at Chessington whilst you are still in compulsary education.It might work out that you are not happy with the pay you would recieve for the hours you are working and decide not to work there yet until you finish your GCSE's.

Just to add a perspective; Chessington don't offer shifts unless you are in Admissions, and that they will probably not be hiring again this year as the R&A department as a whole will be overstaffed with the removal of Beano come September. Also Paul, I tend to arrive about 8.30 as this gives adequate time to get changed and get to the Rides office abovE the Chessie shop, but I travel between an hour and 2 hours each day to get there. I enjoy working there however it is a lot different to how you think it is.

Outfit, when you travel 2 hours to get there, do you think it's worth it? And how often do you work, if you don't mind my asking?

Depends on the day really, if it's busy and hot and everyone's happy then it is, but if it's raining and people are pissed off and complaining then no it isn't.It tends to be a moderate balance between the two, and you do tend to work those days out as I'm full time.

When I went to Chessington & Zoo on the 5th August. We were allowed to use the EXP queue for the last hour if you were an Annual Pass Holder.Is this still continuing? Is it just for August?Thanks. :)

It is just for August and is on the 6 express rides.For anyone planning a trip to Chessington the park is very busy, here are a few average queue times from today.Dragons Fury - 70 MinutesVampire - 60 MinutesRunaway Train - 45 MinutesDragon Falls - 50 MinutesTomb Blaster - 60 MinutesRattlesnake - 30 MinutesBubbleworks - 30 MinutesSkyway - 30 MinutesTruckers - 40 MinutesGriffins - 0 Minutes :P

It is just for August and is on the 6 express rides.For anyone planning a trip to Chessington the park is very busy, here are a few average queue times from today.Dragons Fury - 70 MinutesVampire - 60 MinutesRunaway Train - 45 MinutesDragon Falls - 50 MinutesTomb Blaster - 60 MinutesRattlesnake - 30 MinutesBubbleworks - 30 MinutesSkyway - 30 MinutesTruckers - 40 MinutesGriffins - 0 Minutes :)

Glad there is some good news in that post! Good old Griffins! :PThanks for the average queue times as well, that is a big help. Cheers Mark! :P

(Sorry about the delay, was on holiday)Referring to a few posts up, reply from Outfit....Thanks for the information. If I was to get a job there, it would only be one day a week as I am still in compulsory education. Like you said, working Full Time you must see it all - the good days and the bad. I suppose just working once a week will be more of a chance to take. But I definitely think it's worth taking. I know it's unlikely that any jobs is R&A will be available this year, but I will keep checking the available positions on the recruitment website, and apply as soon as a job comes up.

Has anyone on here done the walk from Chessington South to the park? Is it easy?

I have been having to do that as only way to get to the park to visit the amount of times I want as I don't live near.Anyway...It is so easy to go from Chessington South to the Theme Park it is unreal.It is clearly sign posted all the way to the park.If I remember correctly, It is turn left and then walk along the road until you see Chessington's main car park entrance.Hope this helps. :P

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion