Chessington General Discussion

Ash

I am thinking about going to Chessington next week, during half-term. I know noone can predict the future, but does anyone have a rough idea of the average queue times during a school holiday? I have in my mind that it's no where near as bad as Thorpe, but I can be expecting queues near to 90 minutes for rides such as Vampire. Is this about right?Thanks :)

I am thinking about going to Chessington next week, during half-term. I know noone can predict the future, but does anyone have a rough idea of the average queue times during a school holiday? I have in my mind that it's no where near as bad as Thorpe, but I can be expecting queues near to 90 minutes for rides such as Vampire. Is this about right?Thanks :)

To be honest, I think you will find that Vampire will end up about 40-60 minutes depending on weather.Again, other rides (excl. Vamp and Fury) will probably be 30 mins.The only ride at Chessington I would say that will probably reach the 90 minute mark is Dragon's Fury. Hope this helps!

To be honest, I think you will find that Vampire will end up about 40-60 minutes depending on weather.Again, other rides (excl. Vamp and Fury) will probably be 30 mins.The only ride at Chessington I would say that will probably reach the 90 minute mark is Dragon's Fury. Hope this helps!

Thanks very much :).

As some people know I have not been on here for a long time there are a few reasons for this but I dont want to go into them. But as I am now back its time to get the Skunk back into clearing things up.

Just to let you know people who are looking for jobs with Merlin Entertainments, you may not think that its alot but starting salarys are £19,500.

This is not true at all. If you are seasonal staff which most of merlin employees are then it is an Hourly rate of under £6 an hour for most departments within the parks. The only execptions are the London attractions and the more "experienced" roles within the parks such as Security and First Aid.Also just to clear up why the Chessington Discussions are not as popular perhaps its in the sites name THORPE PARK mania not Chessington Mania so therefore most of the people on here are fans of Thorpe Park surprisingly.

Infact, Out of the millions of times I have been to Chessington & Zoo, I have as Mark 9 mensioned Rameses Revenge been on it.I would go on it but people I know will go on all things at THORPE PARK but not Rameses Revenge at Chessington! :)What is the feeling you get of Rameses Revenge as a first rider?

The park is currently trialling a system where Vampire, Bubbleworks, Black Bucaneer, Rattlesnake, Runaway Train, Safari Skyway, Rameses Revenge and Toytown open at 9:30. I'm not sure if this is just for hotel guests or for everyone but if successful it may stay for good.With Beanoland already opening at 9:30 for people who come through the South entrance, it means the park opening is essentially now 9:30 with only Dragons Fury, Dragons Falls, Tomb Blaster, Peeking Heights and the rest of Land of the Dragons opening at 10.

When I went to Chessington on the 18th April, I went on Rameses Revenge 4 times; the woman controlling it did this really cool thing where the cars were locked almost inverted, then brought us to the top and let go. The car inverted about 5 times non-stop really fast. Yes, if you were wondering, it was nauseating, but fun.The only problem I have with Rameses are how tight the restraints are. They hurt my area :/

Going tomorrow, what will que times be like? Aint been in donkeys years.

Well I went to CWoA & ZOO today and the queues were...Dragon's Fury - 60 minsVampire - 50 minsBubbleworks - 20 minsRattlesnake - 20 minsRunaway Train - 20 minsDragon Falls - 15 minsSafari Skyway - 5 minsTomb Blaster - 40 minsThese were the maxamum queues I saw but at one point Vampire went down to 5 mins; Dragon Falls went down to 0 mins; Tomb Blaster went down to 15 mins (quite busy Tomb Blaster today actually!); Bubbleworks to 10 mins and Dragon's Fury to 25 mins.Hope this helps! :P

Kool thanks a lot! What was your ride count? I gonna buy a fastrack for the top rides :P

To be honest, I usually get on them so many times I forget so...Vampire at least 10 timesDragon's Fury about 7Runaway Train 2Rattlesnake 5 at leastDragon Falls 2Tomb Blaster, bubbleworks, safari skyway, dodgems - 1I am a Vampire guy! Can you tell?! :D:P:D Hope this helps :P

To be honest, I usually get on them so many times I forget so...Vampire at least 10 timesDragon's Fury about 7Runaway Train 2Rattlesnake 5 at leastDragon Falls 2Tomb Blaster, bubbleworks, safari skyway, dodgems - 1I am a Vampire guy! Can you tell?! :D:P:P Hope this helps :P

Was that with Ultimate Fastrack?

Lol dam you :P Would have to spend 60 quid to get them for 2 people :P

Get an Annual Pass!Get for £24 each. It is worth it if you plan to go on days where you know the closing time will be extended (10k by 1pm) or arrange to go on a quiet day and these can be weekends like mine are!Look at the weather. If you think er.. .No then go! Rain usually means less queuing just wrap up warm! :P

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion