Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Trucks has the most jumpy queue time in the whole park. Because of its location next to Market Square and Carousel it tends to suffer from really really long queues. Normally, the only way of keeping the queue manageable is to slightly inflate the queue time shown on the LED board. It the queue board had said 5 minutes, chances are the queue would come out the entrance and overflow into the main part of Toytown.From what I saw today average queues at the park were.Fury - 60 minutesVampire - 45 minutesTomb Blaster - 50 minutesRunaway Train - 45 minutesDragon Falls - 45 minutesRattlesnake - 30 minutesBubbleworks - 40 minutesThe park closed at 7 today as it was quite busy.

I know this may sound like I am a complete ****er, but do you get paid for the extra hour you work for? :( And Tomb Blaster 50 minutes - for some reason, this season seems to be quite busy for the old Tomb! :(

Have there been any problems with any rides lately? Just saying this as the website is not saying any rides will be opening later or are currently unavailable. Usually, the website is reliable but just wondering! :) Thanks.

Not as I know, nothing broke down when I went on Tuesday which was good. As long as they got rid of that awful operator then I sure Vampire will be moving quicker. Great Chessington never seems to brake down lol.

All rides are currently available. Hoorah.

Has Vampire had any down time this season?It felt strange boarding a 2 train operation last time as it seems slow when you get used to 3 train operation when busy! :) (But the ride hosts have been boarding you onto Vampire quickly I feel. )And I feel the same with Dragon's Fury; The staff this season and staff from previous seasons do seem like they care about reducing the queue time for guests and board us as quickly as possible with minamum fuss :D

Hello, I wasnt sure whether to ask this in the general discussion thread or start a new one, I hope I've made the correct choice. I'm taking my nephew to Chessington on Thursday. I was wondering how strict the height limit for free entry is? My nephew is 108cm tall and I'm aware that children under a metre tall go inside for free. I'm not trying to sound like a cheapskate but I would apprieciate if you could let me know how strict it is or if it is better that I buy a ticket online and avoid paying more on the day. I'm not cheap, its just nice to save a bit of money from time to time.Thank you.

Hello, I wasnt sure whether to ask this in the general discussion thread or start a new one, I hope I've made the correct choice. I'm taking my nephew to Chessington on Thursday. I was wondering how strict the height limit for free entry is? My nephew is 108cm tall and I'm aware that children under a metre tall go inside for free. I'm not trying to sound like a cheapskate but I would apprieciate if you could let me know how strict it is or if it is better that I buy a ticket online and avoid paying more on the day. I'm not cheap, its just nice to save a bit of money from time to time.Thank you.

What I have done is when I have taken my cousin there is to teach him before to bend his knees slightly and then you usually should get in for FREE!If you don't try it, you won't know!If not, just be prepared to pay if it does not work but you can take the chance as like me in the mornings, I am tired so admission staff might not notice or be too busy to notice.Hope this helps and have a great day at Chessington & Zoo! :P

Thanks for the advice themeparkmad, I'll see if he can manage it. I'm sure I will enjoy myself... As long as Dragon's Fury is running well!

Dragon's Fury on my visits lately has only been having minor technical difficulties or delayed as taking a car or cars on or off the track.Vampire is going well as well. (Take it you like Vampire if you like Dragon's Fury!)Enjoy your day!

What I have done is when I have taken my cousin there is to teach him before to bend his knees slightly and then you usually should get in for FREE!If you don't try it, you won't know!If not, just be prepared to pay if it does not work but you can take the chance as like me in the mornings, I am tired so admission staff might not notice or be too busy to notice.

For future reference I wouldn't admit to what is effectively fraud on a public forum...

• 2 weeks later...

I was just looking around on Wikipedia and saw this on the Chessington page;'In 2010, the market for Chessington will be further changed to cater for people of all ages, not just children.[citation needed]'I know it has no source and am sure its just speculation, but is there any rumors as to something happening for next season?

I was just looking around on Wikipedia and saw this on the Chessington page;'In 2010, the market for Chessington will be further changed to cater for people of all ages, not just children.[citation needed]'I know it has no source and am sure its just speculation, but is there any rumors as to something happening for next season?

I have no idea but I wouldnt of thought so. mainly because Thorpe Park is just a few miles away and I think that they both work well together.

The 108cm comment made me laugh, seriously, so many people kick up so much **** just for being a fraction under height restriction.If you're too tall, you're too tall, if you're too small, you're too small. Don't try and make peoples jobs harder.And for the Fury thing, it's been much better than last year, but occasionally they need to take cars off for maintenance, not just for ****s and giggles.

If you're too tall, you're too tall, if you're too small, you're too small. Don't try and make peoples jobs harder..

That's easy for you to say that, but I know how frustrating it is when you are a couple of cm's under the height, and are refused entry to a ride. You can't really have a go at kids for kicking up a fuss, kids will be kids.

That's easy for you to say that, but I know how frustrating it is when you are a couple of cm's under the height, and are refused entry to a ride. You can't really have a go at kids for kicking up a fuss, kids will be kids.

It isn't kids that kick up the fuss, it's the parents who think threatening ride staff is cool/big/hard/funny/going to work?

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion