Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Lets do a bit of a hard quiz for all you CWoA geeks! Simple as, PM me the answers and I'll put the answers on here once we get 10 people replying! Don't complain about it being hard, it's meant to be!1) Two things were removed from Pirates Cove in 2008 - 2009 closed season. One was something near Buccaneer, and the other was near Chip Ahoy, what were they?2) What is Squirtalots' full name and where can you find him? For a bonus point, where is the control room for it?3) What was the highest gate figure this year?4) Dennis' Madhouse originally came from a different location, however it is only 1/3rd of the original attraction. Where was the old attraction based and at what other Merlin park is another third of it located? (Name, park and area name please)5) Toadie's CRAAAZY Cars used to have how many cars and how many does it have now? Where are the others?6) Where was Frazzle located before and what has taken his place?7) There are 4 different bits of Samurai still left around the park. Name each and where they are located!8) How many Skyway trains are still at Chessington?9) How many Cars can Dragon's Fury and Rattlesnake run successfully in guest operation?10) Name the location of each of the two in ride cupboards on Tomb Blaster, and what interesting memorabilia are in them.Scores so far:Peter - 11/15Mark - 13/15James6 - 8/18Rygr - 11/15

I thought the policy was they gave you a free map at the entrance and then if you wanted more you had to pay?

(I am almost sure what I am about to say relates to the 2009 season).There was a slight charge, even at the entrance on some kiosks I found for a map.However, I always found them free in Guest Services.Recycling boxes were introduced to the park and then the price, if I remember correctly, was taken away.They were 50p before when the charge was introduced for a bit.I know it states it on the link from 'noob230', but maybe this isn't enforced yet or maybe under consideration? :)And noob230 point regarding the Merlin Entertainments Group taking money...I personally look at it under both views.Yes (to taking money) - They can easily gain a bit more money from 50p when really you shouldn't have to pay for a map with the price of your entrance ticket.No - This way the maps are just going to be taken by anyone and then discarded around the park for the Park Presentations team! :PI personally feel that the maps should be free and only given out to people upon request. :P

This is something all the Merlin parks did a couple of seasons back. The truth is, if you go to any turnstyle and ask for a map, they'll give you one. Alton don't do it anymore, and have picked up several Thorpe maps without having to pay, so I think it's a bit silly to even have it on the website.

• 2 weeks later...

Zoo is fully open up to Market Square, with the Safari Skyway and Seastorm operational every day. Park is closed off from Skyway Entrance to Refresh in Transylvania, and between the back of Guest Services and the Runaway Train.Pizza and Pasta, the Chessington Shop and Stop Shop are all open as well.

Zoo is fully open up to Market Square, with the Safari Skyway and Seastorm operational every day. Park is closed off from Skyway Entrance to Refresh in Transylvania, and between the back of Guest Services and the Runaway Train.Pizza and Pasta, the Chessington Shop and Stop Shop are all open as well.

I take it there are still shows then? :)I wouldn't of thought Seastorm would be operational due to the fact I have seen boats around the ride area before. :POh well, at least their are 2 attractions in operation, as well as the Zoo and SEALIFE :P

The new retail outlet will be selling wares of an asian nature and the food outlets for Wild Asia will be a noodle bar and an ice cream parlour.According to the new planning permissions, the rides in Wild Asia will be disability accessible and it will follow the normal policy of a two wristbands will be issued but if the disabled person comes to Wild Asia with a family or group, upto an additional two wristbands will be issued to give some flexibility.

I would expect Monkey Swinger and Tuk Tuk Turmoil to be on the Ultimate Express Pass, but I do hope that Kobra isn't involved with Fastrack. It's a particularly high throughput ride to start with.

I would guess that Monkey Swinger and Tuk Tuk Turmoil will be on the Ultimate Express Pass as well.Regarding Kobra - I personally think that it will be available on the Express Shot for £4 and the Ultimate Express Pass. However, not on the usual Express Pass for £7.I am also emphasising that I feel that Kobra will be being introdued to an Express Pass Queue Line.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion