Chessington General Discussion

Ash

I thought the 2009 map was one of the best to be honest.I am realy glad they kept the 2009 style and this seasons one just looks fantastic!I think they have done a really good job promoting Wild Asia and it is nice actually referring to the name of the areas - Land of the Dragons, Wild Asia, Transylvania etc. Whereas, last year it was catagories like "Big fun" etc.A really good move CWoA and looking forward to having one of the maps in my hands! :)

This design was only new last year? The style before that was boring, generic CGI that had been introduced around 2003, how can you say it needs changing already?:)Anyway, I actually squaled when I saw this. For some extremely weird reason.I love the new map! It really shows Chessington's brand image and represents the park beautifully. This year it has just got even better! The style of Wild Asia looks great (the themed gondolas look promising for the actual ride), and the emphasis on each area's setting goes really well with what they said they would be trying to achieve.I am surprised the African Savannah Experience is opening this year, though. It sounded as if it would open at least next year if not later. It just goes to show that Chessington are putting a lot of effort into their development from now on!:)

Dont get me wrong, I like the new design around the map, just think the map its self is getting abit dated now!

Well maybe they keep it because it works for them. Thorpe and Alton might take a different route but it doesn't mean Chessington necessarily have to follow them. Age doesn't always need to a bad thing.

It also confirms that the chairswing will be named Money Swinger; the fountain will be reused as theming for the Kobra; and the 'branch' theming shown in concept art for Wild Asia will not be actually be appearing on the Monkey Swinger.The more I look, the more I like it! Look at the entrance to Wild Asia and all those exotic trees.

Looking at the map, Wild Asia seems to have been extended quite a lot with the entrance to the area a lot closer to the South Car Park entrance than before as Beanoland.I also love how green and Jungle-y the area looks. One thing I'm not keen on however is the colours of the Jungle Bus... Don't fit in if I'm honest. But love everything else :)

Ah yes, more than likely.Although it said to turn over for more details which obviously you can't do on the internet, but I sort of interpreted it as some sort of plan created for families, but yes I am sure it is just Guest Services now you've pointed it out :)

I thought the 2009 map was one of the best to be honest.I am realy glad they kept the 2009 style and this seasons one just looks fantastic!I think they have done a really good job promoting Wild Asia and it is nice actually referring to the name of the areas - Land of the Dragons, Wild Asia, Transylvania etc. Whereas, last year it was catagories like "Big fun" etc.A really good move CWoA and looking forward to having one of the maps in my hands! :)

*Ahem*Suckup*Ahem*

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion