Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Sadly, I believe knowing the right people is probably majorly advantagous. not just at Chessington though, I think it's like this for most jobs these days...

"It is not always what you know but who you know"Just been told that saying today and relates to this so... :)Does anyone know how many people actually get through to work on Rides and Attractions? (On average obviously!)

Chessington & Zoo: According to my sources, Chessington WoA & Zoo are interested in adding a new big attraction in 2011/2012 and this will be a major "ride" investment since Dragon's Fury in 2004. A close friend of mine who worked during the 2009 season told me that CWoA & Zoo are highly-interested in adding several new themed areas and the re-themeing / updating of existing ones. The area between Mystic East and Wild Asia is 'The Glade' which is quite big and big enough for a rapids, and in terms of planning permission, that area is home to some very tall trees.What is new to me, is the indoor sections of the Disk'O Coaster, which I thought the ride was entirely outdoors. I am very happy of what is happening to Chessington WoA & Zoo and this is the beginning of amazing things, with many more to come. I strongly feel that Mystic East, Mexicana and Transylvania are falling apart and this is the opinion of quite a few people. I am certain something major will happen to Mystic East, Transylvania and Mexicana within the next 5-6 years. I really do not like Pirate's Cove as it hasn't seen any expansion since the park was opened and it's a small themed area and as mentioned, I'm sure something will be added by 2020.

THIS IS QUOTED FROM WILL ON MANIA HUB.I thought I would post it here as I think this may get some discussion if posted in its correct section...And with the rumours of the rapids, I think it is something the park could really make use of!It is a high capacity ride and is always usually popular with all age groups!And indoor sections of Kobra - Sounds fantastic!Anyone else want to share their views / opinions?..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Explore Chessington: it’s a whole world of Wild Adventures all in one place. Be one of the first to discover the ancient ruins of Wild Asia, a new and mythical land where families can take on the KOBRA, an awesome new spinning disc ride! Also, go truly wild on an expedition through the Lorikeet Lagoon in amongst the exotic colourful birds. Every visit to Chessington is a different adventure. Soar on the Vampire rollercoaster through the depths of Transylvania, take a fiery spin round Dragon’s Fury or discover the mystery of Tomb Blaster in Forbidden Kingdom. Splash around in Sealion Bay, go underwater with sharks and stingrays in the SEA LIFE Centre or take a walk on the wild side with tigers, lions and gorillas in the Trail of the Kings. With exciting rides and rollercoasters, amazing animals and a SEA LIFE Centre, Chessington really is Britain’s wildest adventure!

Source: Offical Merlin Entertainments Group Website.Sounds exciting!!! :D :D

Recruitment Site.

What is the dress code at the assessment centre?We'd say smart/casual but remember you're trying to make a first impression!

It depends on how you may look in certain clothing.One person may look very smart in a shirt with a dark pair of blue jeans.However, this may look too casual for some people.I would use the interview as an excuse to buy more clothes. :(

There isn't a quick question topic for Chessington so I thought here would be as good a place as any. :wub:I'm currently planning/trying to organise for myself to take the train to Chessington. I was wondering how many have done this, how is it? How long does it take to walk from the station to park etc. Any information would be a huge help :)Fingers Crossed I'll be able to find a way to do this and therefore be able to visit the park a bit more frequently :wub: Thanks guys,

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion