Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Hey James. Public transport to Chessington is really easy. It's within the travelcard zones (zone 6 I believe) so it can also be a very cheap day out. I've often been to london in the morning, then popped over to Chessington for the afternoon.Depending on where you live, trains run from Waterloo to Chessington South every half hour, and takes about 40 minutes. I did the journey everyday, haha. When you get to the station, it's a well sign posted 10 minute walk to the park. it's literally two roads to walk down.If you're not travelling from Waterloo, then the easiest way is to probably catch a train to Clapham Junction, then grab the Chessington South train from there. Obviously I'm not entirely sure on where about you'll be catching trains from so it's pretty much dependant on where you live.Another way is to catch a train to Surbiton. These run far more frequently from both Waterloo and Clapham Junction. Once at Surbiton, you just need to catch a bus (they're london buses so Oyster Cards can be used) to CWoA, The 71 actually goes to the bus stop just outside the main entrance, so that's easy. You can also catch the 465, which if you're lucky enough to get, is a bit quicker, but you'll need to press the bell to get off at the bus stop, accross the road from the main entrance.Whichever way you choose, they're roughly the same amount of time, so either one really!Hope that helps. :wub:Also I'm hoping to pop up to Chessington later this week to try and get some photos of the road works at the entrance if anyone is interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! It pretty much looks like the North Entrance is definitely going to be jungle themed. There looks like some great detail there. I hope the South Entrance is getting refurbished too, and I hope the new music is good. It probably will be, being Chessington.:(

It's also the same with South Entrance - everything is staying as it is except it's all Tan coloured and bamboo queuing system.

I've just been into Chessie to renew the Annual Passes. The new Green/Grey colours are really nice. The "wrecked" look to the buidling instead of the castle theme looks nice too. The speakers have all been replaced too. The bamboo queue looks very fitting.Oh, and the music is lovely :) Well I think so anyway!

I would be the first one to say that the entrance music couldn't go.However, for the 2009 season, the best part of the entrance music was changed and that comletely ruined it for me.(People that visit CWoA & Zoo a lot will know what part of the music I mean).Therefore, I welcome the new change of audio for the entrance for the 2010 season.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion