SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Well only time will tell if they renew the contract or not, would be interesting to see a re-theme of it though

Well the interior of Saw: The Ride will stay pretty much the same, I think only these things will change
  • The Trap in the Queueline will be Removed/Replaced with something that isnt related to Saw
  • Any Billy Dolls will be removed and replaced with a different model
  • The Preshow may just become a TV Screen with a preshow video or something
  • The Man in the Bathroom Scene will just be painted a different colour so it doesnt reflect Saw
  • SFX will also be changed
Those are just my ideas, and are not official, obviouslyIt will be interesting to see what they do with Saw: Alive though.

No, I think Saw needs a heavy, all-round, total retheme when the contract ends in around 2016. The exterior can have parts changed/added to because it would be difficult to replace the facade and unneccesary anyway. However, it is easy if you have the right plans to completely change the indoor queueline, station and inside section. If it was to end up unrecognisable as a Saw-themed ride, that would be great. 'Saw World' should become part of Canada Creek/Lost City at either end to bring back some quality theming and consistency.That way the money will all go into theming and effects. It would be better than before because the budget will not be cut down after paying for a million-pound rollercoaster since it is already there. With a ride as big as 'Saw: The Ride', I hope Thorpe Park don't think they can get away with a cheap-o retheme. Not like when they de-associated Rumba Rapids from Ribena by taking away the berry props and placing some fairy lights on some boxes. With Merlin able to get loads of money if they want it, we should see a brand new ride experience after the Lionsgate contract runs out. Advertising it as a new ride will make lots of money, as well. Or they could simply renew the contract in the years when the time comes.

No, I think Saw needs a heavy, all-round, total retheme when the contract ends in around 2016. The exterior can have parts changed/added to because it would be difficult to replace the facade and unneccesary anyway. However, it is easy if you have the right plans to completely change the indoor queueline, station and inside section. If it was to end up unrecognisable as a Saw-themed ride, that would be great. 'Saw World' should become part of Canada Creek/Lost City at either end to bring back some quality theming and consistency.That way the money will all go into theming and effects. It would be better than before because the budget will not be cut down after paying for a million-pound rollercoaster since it is already there. With a ride as big as 'Saw: The Ride', I hope Thorpe Park don't think they can get away with a cheap-o retheme. Not like when they de-associated Rumba Rapids from Ribena by taking away the berry props and placing some fairy lights on some boxes. With Merlin able to get loads of money if they want it, we should see a brand new ride experience after the Lionsgate contract runs out. Advertising it as a new ride will make lots of money, as well. Or they could simply renew the contract in the years when the time comes.

Or they could simply renew the contract.

Nah, they should keep the general theme, but remove the exclusively SAW things about the ride. I posted a MUCH more detailed version of what I'd so in the 'Your Thorpe Park' thread but basically I'd make the whole area themed around an asylum village an extend the building into the lake so it could incorperate the Fright Nights horror mazes., because that's where I'd put them.If you want to read my SAW renewing ideas, just go to the thread and scroll down to '2014'. Mind you, it's VERY LONG, and depthy :P

Destroy it? SIMPLES??:P I hope you were just joking!:PBlow up a million pound investment just because a contract has expired? How can you predict the future and know it will be too rough by then anyway? It is one of the park's most popular ride if not the most popular. You cannot just 'simply' destroy it like that. It cost so much to build and blowing it up when you have all these other solutions would be utterly pointless.Imagine if Thirteen at Alton Towers was just blown up in five years because a contract with "Bob's Vine Theming & Co." ran out.:P:D

With all due respect Bill, all ides do become very rough once they get on a bit. The proof? Colossus. And SAW is becoming rather rough, more and more each time I ride it, it appears. Even though it still hasn't lost it's re-rideabilty factor yet, it soon will.But on a plus point, that's no reason to scrap it. AT ALL. :P

Saw has gone past the roughness of Colossus,,, its a whole new level of rough :|. well at the front it is anyway

Yet I find neither Saw: The Ride nor Colossus rough at all. I have no idea why I don't find these rides rough.I can imagine once the contract with Lionsgate ends, the ride will be themed to suit the Canada Creek area, with a few saws added around the place and the obvious Saw theming replaced with various saw-mill items.

I suppose Colossus is bearable, I don't find it rough enough to detract away from the experience, which let's face it, is still one of the best coasters at Thorpe. But as for SAW, it is becoming rediculous, especially the bottom of the drop, you first notice the saws and are like OMG and then it's like a battering ram is impailed onto your neck... nice things.

Tbh it wouldn't be too hard for them to remove all the things Saw related because there isn't exactly a lot there related to Saw directly...2 puppets, change the videos and annoucements... That's all they need to do really...

Hate to be picky, but the Rack Trap in the indoor queue will have to go as well. I'd also guess the 'Let the Games Begin', 'Face Your Fears', etc. would have to be removed. But yeah, there isn't that much Saw related.. Should've more been SAW - Almost The Ride

Sorry if it's already been mentioned.. But either this is new or I just never noticed it. At the top of the queue stairs when you're going in to the station by the barbed wire thing, there is now a sign that says something about taking earrings off for your own safety. Is there something that provoked thorpe to get this sign or..