SAW: The Ride

Mark9

There wasn't much use for SRQ today anyway. We queued from the entrance and all the way round the whole queue line including the extensions and it only took around 30 minutes. :)

Thing with me was that I wanted to just do it over and over to get a good tally for I might not be going for while, so SRQ was perfect to get big one.

Yeh lol, I love it when guests think that a ride based on a series of horror movies ont be scary at all. That been the main question I get, "is this ride scary?". That along with "how long from here?" lol

Lol. Thanks for making my day better anyway :) 2 saturdays ago when we had Alfonso managing it he never sent anyone in from SRQ just didn't interact :o

Lol. Thanks for making my day better anyway :) 2 saturdays ago when we had Alfonso managing it he never sent anyone in from SRQ just didn't interact :o

Well we all seem to have to have different ways of doing that position, my thought is that the single riders are normally the people that ill come on the ride time after time and ill notice the difference between good and bad service so I always try and include them in the action! Plus from experience I have to say that generally when I get good service notices from managers they normally are passed from single riders. Might be coincedence but I make sure I put the effort in.

Well we all seem to have to have different ways of doing that position, my thought is that the single riders are normally the people that ill come on the ride time after time and ill notice the difference between good and bad service so I always try and include them in the action! Plus from experience I have to say that generally when I get good service notices from managers they normally are passed from single riders. Might be coincedence but I make sure I put the effort in.

I do it to get high tally :) And who can I contact to report you?

Not bad sorry, I meant like report you as really good staff.

Hi Martin, I spoke to you a bit today. I used the smug-riders queue repeteadly. Didn't talk about anything specific but I managed to ride about 15 times I think. I wanted to write a comment but when I got to the dome when leaving, I couldn't see where to enter it. Where can we write comments on staff members?

Hi Martin, I spoke to you a bit today. I used the smug-riders queue repeteadly. Didn't talk about anything specific but I managed to ride about 15 times I think. I wanted to write a comment but when I got to the dome when leaving, I couldn't see where to enter it. Where can we write comments on staff members?

Yeah he deffo gonna get a VERY good review from me :) I writing to them.

As far as I know guys after leaving the park the only way of contacting guest services is to write to them:Guest ServicesTHORPE PARKStaines RoadChertseySurreyKT16 8PNor they have a voicemail answered phone line but is used in more urgent enquiries, 01932 577108.If guest services receive comments they will be passed on to my managers and I would be very thankful.Can I just thank you for your nice comments, it really does mean a lot to us as staff to hear our work is appreciated.

Hey martin, do the live actors only come on the weekends?also.. thorpe need a damn staff profile system, theres two members of staff on here I dont know :)

I went on SAW for the first time yesterday and there were a few things I spotted:-Good Points()The theming was great!!()There were 2 live actors in the queue which was great!!Bad Points()The pendulem blades werent working()Its unfair that the second gets the talk not the first()It was quite roughWhat I found funny was that there were loads of traps..........and then there was a random guy picking up litter!!!!It was an OK ride

Hey martin, do the live actors only come on the weekends?also.. thorpe need a damn staff profile system, theres two members of staff on here I dont know :)

Hi Todge,They are normally only on busy weekends such as bank holidays, we also use them when we have things like easter holidays, half terms etc. They as far as I know will not be there throughout summer maybe just on busy weekends at the start of the holidays. Obviously they will be there on Fright nights.

I went on SAW for the first time yesterday and there were a few things I spotted:-()Its unfair that the second [car] gets the talk, not the first.

LOL It's not a case of it being 'fair'. Whilst it's annoying, it is simply the case of having two cars dispatched at the same time and really, the second just allows two cars in from offload to speed up the entire loading and aiding to the rides capacity.I personally would have liked the indoor sections to have been in different 'rooms'. It makes me sad to hear and even see the train infront running the track, but hey ho, we can't have it all!As for the random staff member litter picking, it's a good thing they're keeping ontop the new ride. That particular rides manager is good at presentation, he will want it looking clean and presentable, good for his bonus points with his management too! :)

Does anyone know how often trains are dispatched from the station with 8 cars on track? I know that with 6 cars it was 1:30 but I think they get dispatched faster with 8 cars.

Well yesturday they had 1:30 on the timer again. It went really good though! SRQ was going really quick! Well when the gate opened in the different rows and people sat in their seats it wern't like other rides, since it does not require a belt, as Jigsaw says:'Here are the rules, Sit back in your seat,Pull down the harness,Put your head back And brace yourself!'Simple as and quick!!!

Well yesturday they had 1:30 on the timer again. It went really good though! SRQ was going really quick! Well when the gate opened in the different rows and people sat in their seats it wern't like other rides, since it does not require a belt, as Jigsaw says:'Here are the rules, Sit back in your seat,Pull down the harness,Put your head back And brace yourself!'Simple as and quick!!!

I thought it was..Here are the rulesTake a seatPull down the harnessand keep your heads backand hold on tightits time to face your fears

I thought it was..Here are the rulesTake a seatPull down the harnessand keep your heads backand hold on tightits time to face your fears

I think you're getting the Loading and Dispatch announcements confused.But Lordcutter6 isn't completely right either, as 'keep your arms inside' is featured in the Loading announcement as well.

I think you're getting the Loading and Dispatch announcements confused.But Lordcutter6 isn't completely right either, as 'keep your arms inside' is featured in the Loading announcement as well.

Oh sorry my bad :) I can't remember it exactly but I remember sitting down and as he read each instruction doing it haha.

There were two actors, one was in the trap by the gate where the operator stands and counts people through. He was jumping all about in it trying to escape. Then there was a woman in a cape with a red mask thing on, well her face was ALL red at least. She was walking up and down the single rider que scared me to bits! But one girl who had been queing supposively all the time in the Main que got up the stairs, saw the woman in the cape, screamed and RAN out of the building! What a waste of time :).

lol was that on the 9th? I saw a woman from the queue run down the stairs and peg it out of the SRQ entance. When I was watching the guy in the crucifix-trap at the entrance that woman in the cape came up behind me, I turned about and burst in to laughter, waving at her =P She then followed me up the stairs, the other side of the cage and I was in hysterical fits of laughter the whole time =D

lol was that on the 9th? I saw a woman from the queue run down the stairs and peg it out of the SRQ entance. When I was watching the guy in the crucifix-trap at the entrance that woman in the cape came up behind me, I turned about and burst in to laughter, waving at her =P She then followed me up the stairs, the other side of the cage and I was in hysterical fits of laughter the whole time =D

Nah it was on Sunday 10th, she was about 11 years old , ran out of SRQ que yes lol, Martin was like Has she gone and next thing we looked round and she just dissapeared :) The guy in the Trap was really good actor, and yeah there was woman in red face ;) I just crept past her lol, freaked me though for hate the FN mazes, and that gun must be annoying lol.

Nah it was on Sunday 10th, she was about 11 years old , ran out of SRQ que yes lol, Martin was like Has she gone and next thing we looked round and she just dissapeared :) The guy in the Trap was really good actor, and yeah there was woman in red face ;) I just crept past her lol, freaked me though for hate the FN mazes, and that gun must be annoying lol.

Hah, I refuse to go in the FN mazes because my friend Charlotte has the scar to prove that she got stabbed by a syringe-wielding nurse in The Asylum in the arm. And yes, she was so freaky lol :P The way she just follows you up the stairs =DD And a woman, about 20-25 ran out the SRQ for me =D Was so funny ^^