SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Hah, I refuse to go in the FN mazes because my friend Charlotte has the scar to prove that she got stabbed by a syringe-wielding nurse in The Asylum in the arm. And yes, she was so freaky lol :) The way she just follows you up the stairs =DD And a woman, about 20-25 ran out the SRQ for me =D Was so funny ^^

I done Asylum and Hellgate in 2006 and 2007, and didn't do any in 2008 but after doing London Dungeons, London Bridge and actors in saw, think I ready this year lol ;) Sorry for off tipic there.The woman didn't follow me up single rider for she was walking down the stairs, I think I caught her with my elbow for I was wary she would jump at me as I walked to the side, just a brush , not intended. Tbh I don't get what she meant to be in Saw series.....Actor in trap yes but was she like just another victim :P

The woman didn't follow me up single rider for she was walking down the stairs, I think I caught her with my elbow for I was wary she would jump at me as I walked to the side, just a brush , not intended. Tbh I don't get what she meant to be in Saw series.....Actor in trap yes but was she like just another victim ;)

Maybe she is Jigsaw's apprentice?? Amanda :)

No it werent feburary it was the april half term where we had two weeks off but anyway lets move on from that ;)Is it possible to hit your hands on the spikes if you no-hand the first drop??Just something I thought of whilst revising :) I presume you dont hit them do you?? ;)

Gerstlauer actually specifically put the blades insanely close for a brilliant head chopper effect. If you read the plans you will see that yes, in fact, you would be able to touch the spikes if you didn't hold on during the ride, but fortunatley they thought of this and made the ride really scary so that no one would be actually be no-handing during that part of the ride - It's all about safety, see?

Gerstlauer actually specifically put the blades insanely close for a brilliant head chopper effect. If you read the plans you will see that yes, in fact, you would be able to touch the spikes if you didn't hold on during the ride, but fortunatley they thought of this and made the ride really scary so that no one would be actually be no-handing during that part of the ride - It's all about safety, see?

Haha thats pretty cool, well not if your hands get chopped :LYou do know I'm on about the spikes indoors dont you? I'm thinking of no handing the indoor drop aswell as the other one and I already know having no handing it already there is no chance you can hit the ones outside, I just wondered because for the first time sitting at the front the spikes seemed really really close ;) Also when sitting at the front you can see where the track goes so I think they should have made the ride just a bit darker so you cant see where the track goes :)

Haha, I've Been On Twice So Far And The First Time I Shut My Eyes Through Most Of The Indoor Section... And The The Second Time I Almost Had A Heart Attack When I Saw Those Indoor Spikes :S I know you can't actually knock into them, but I really thought I was gonna die, I've never panicked so much before :) but that's just me over reacting Lol ;) For Me the spikes on the inside made my 3 and a half hour wait worthwhile =D

It's the point of the ride. Due to the darkness of the area and how well lit up the spikes are, they probably seem closer than they are. It's all about trickig the eye you see...

Yeah plus there are flashing lights so you can't see them all the time.

It's the point of the ride. Due to the darkness of the area and how well lit up the spikes are, they probably seem closer than they are. It's all about trickig the eye you see...

Precicely. Due to all this health and safety s***, they cant put head choppers within a certain distance from the track. The rule is that it has to be further away from the track than if the tallest possible person was riding with their arms up, it wouldn't hit them and would miss by around 10 cm. This is why they make the indoor traps glow, to make them appear nearer. This is also why the outdoor headchopper isn't very good because it has to be far away from the track, and in the daylight you cannot use any optical illusions.

Finally got round to using my ticket from 15th March today - got on Saw 5 times (we were allowed to go round twice at one point 'cos it broke down :P), excellent stuff. Overall it's pretty sweet, although we ended up in either row 3 or 4 every time so we got the puppet talking to us every time which was slightly annoying :/ also it broke down for about 10 minutes while we were in the queue, so still not 100% reliable I guess. The throughput actually seemed pretty fast to me, faster than any other Thorpe ride. And the DVDs would be good if they actually let you see your own ride! They just looped the same samplers of DVD rides all day, which I assume lost them quite a few potential DVD customers!

Precicely. Due to all this health and safety s***, they cant put head choppers within a certain distance from the track. The rule is that it has to be further away from the track than if the tallest possible person was riding with their arms up, it wouldn't hit them and would miss by around 10 cm. This is why they make the indoor traps glow, to make them appear nearer. This is also why the outdoor headchopper isn't very good because it has to be far away from the track, and in the daylight you cannot use any optical illusions.

...but when you drop down the lift hill, it does looks as though you are going to crash into the blades.

So if it were your choice how close would the head chopper be to the riders? :P Tbh the head chopper effect is most effective for those off the ride viewing the whole thing, its close enough and as you say for H&S can't be any closer.