SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Omg!! Do not insult Alfonso!! He is the biggest Thorpe ledgend :)Guys u knew it would be down today, if you decided to wait around the Saw area today then thats your choice but theres no point complaining now. Anyway they needed today to sort the problem out, so it couldn't have opened I'm afraid. Still, great to hear it should be opening soon!

according to the website it will open tommorrow

Alfonso is brilliant, he really is. One of my favourite TP staff :)Saw was having the same problem today - kept getting stuck on the last brake run. It was only the car with test dummies in though - could it be the weight that's the problem, or have thorpe put test dummies in because that car is dodgy?Thorpe have made a major loss here though. How much would free entry passes for everybody cost? (I think they were a bit sneaky not telling anyone about this. They were giving them out, but the gate staff wern't actually saying anything about them.I thought it was still a good day though - apart from loggers and stealth everything else was working fine.

Alfonso is brilliant, he really is. One of my favourite TP staff :)Saw was having the same problem today - kept getting stuck on the last brake run. It was only the car with test dummies in though - could it be the weight that's the problem, or have thorpe put test dummies in because that car is dodgy?I thought it was still a good day though - apart from loggers and stealth everything else was working fine.

This was not a problem, it was a testing procedure.

Thorpe have made a major loss here though. How much would free entry passes for everybody cost? (I think they were a bit sneaky not telling anyone about this. They were giving them out, but the gate staff wern't actually saying anything about them.

I agree here. Unless I had seen the message scrolling across on the information boards (which I was lucky to see out of the corner of my eye), I wouldn't have known they were offering this.One thing I find a bit strange is how the park installed a £1m sound system so they can make park wide announcements in circumstances like this, yet in two days, they have failed to do this.

Saw was having the same problem today - kept getting stuck on the last brake run. It was only the car with test dummies in though - could it be the weight that's the problem, or have thorpe put test dummies in because that car is dodgy?

Mid course brake run? More like Mid course break down!Ha! I was thinking about that joke all of today!

How many bloody times. You were told about 500000 times last night that is was 100% NOT going to be operating today. It was your decision to go anyway despite being told it would be shut, so please, stop moaning! You were told it would be shut!And they couldn't have opened it, do you think that they keep it shut to annoy you? Just because a car has been testing, it doesn't mean its safe to operate. The ride will NOT open until it safe to do so, and now it is safe to do so.Argh!

They were saying it might open, thats why we were standing there and they opened the shutters for the photo booth and extended the queue line.

They were saying it might open, thats why we were standing there and they opened the shutters for the photo booth and extended the queue line.

Exactly! Thorpe park never gave us a clear answer and so we waited in hope for ages. When they extended the queue line, I really thought we were gonna go in.

Mid course brake run? More like Mid course break down!Ha! I was thinking about that joke all of today!

Again, this was not a break down, this was part of the testing procedures.Regarding the staff saying it might open, what would you rather them say? "Yes it will open" and it doesn't after you wait there for hours, or "No it will not open" then you go home early and find it did infact open later in the day. Please think about these sort of things before criticizing staff.

But if we had left the queue and it did open, I would have been very annoyed so I didnt really want to take the risk.

Well thats your own problem then, if Thorpe Park could tell the future, I am sure they would have told you whether the ride was going to open or not, but unfortunately at this time they are not able to do this.

I was lucky enough to ride SAW on the 13th... VERRY bumpy, totally intense and theming I'd enjoy queuing for. Not as crazy as that sounds. As we were going in the entrance though, there was some immense bassy track playing, for SAW. I can't remember how the heck it went... but I wanted to hear it... I was pulled along to actually ride though! Haha, a muppet I am. I know for everything beyond the entering the building section, there's no music but the music at the entrance did exist right..? I suppose it could have been for those weird tall people in leather who got some guilty pleasure out of anglegrinding their chests and wearing bat wings?Plus, I've just worked out that Marc and Mark9 are two different people. The spelling's pretty damn obvious, but I thought Marc just enjoyed signing in with two accounts! Woo. Impressed.When we re-rode... for the sixth time on Friday, there were two girls stood outside the building section who were adamant they weren't going back in "cos the

woman in the black hooded thing

had grabbed her ankle". I'd love to know how, 'cos there's a fence separating the normal queue from the fastrack queue, and another between fastrack and

that torture bit

."Oh and we heard some velcro on the leg bits. Atmosphere temporarily lost there!

I was lucky enough to ride SAW on the 13th... VERRY bumpy, totally intense and theming I'd enjoy queuing for. Not as crazy as that sounds. As we were going in the entrance though, there was some immense bassy track playing, for SAW. I can't remember how the heck it went... but I wanted to hear it... I was pulled along to actually ride though! Haha, a muppet I am. I know for everything beyond the entering the building section, there's no music but the music at the entrance did exist right..? I suppose it could have been for those weird tall people in leather who got some guilty pleasure out of anglegrinding their chests and wearing bat wings?Plus, I've just worked out that Marc and Mark9 are two different people. The spelling's pretty damn obvious, but I thought Marc just enjoyed signing in with two accounts! Woo. Impressed.When we re-rode... for the sixth time on Friday, there were two girls stood outside the building section who were adamant they weren't going back in "cos the

had grabbed her ankle". I'd love to know how, 'cos there's a fence separating the normal queue from the fastrack queue, and another between fastrack and

that torture bit

."Oh and we heard some velcro on the leg bits. Atmosphere temporarily lost there!

I saw those girls aswell they asked us if the people inside had gone we told them they won't do anything but they didn't listen LOL

that torture bit

Glad to hear you enjoyed the ride. Actors would be able to grab people ankles as there is a small gap between the bottom of the fencing and the floor, the only time I saw this happen it was infact the other way around when somebody thought it would be clever to grab one of the actors ankles. They failed.I was also there on Friday with Mark and Marc, we rode it many times and I definitely think that the ride is a brilliant addition to the park, the themeing however did seem slightly in-complete with the second indoor section missing something fairly important. Am also wondering as to whether or not the outside ride area is actually meant to look like a building site or whether or not it was just left looking as it is due to lack of time, either way it doesn't look to good outside in the ride area. But yeah, criticism aside, the indoors station is brilliant and the ride itself is fairly intense (even if it may not be the same now but we will have to wait and see)

With the whole actor changeover thing, did anyone see how they changed the victim over. The hooded person can just go and come back (and have miraculously changed actors) and we saw a new hooded figure bring in a "acting sedated" victim. But I just wondered how the victim gets out of the trap and they swap them over. On Friday there was a woman and a guy who swapped three times. If this hooded person (is it a character from SAW, I feel such an idiot keep calling them the hooded person) was to unstrap the victim and lead them out, it kinda takes away the reality of this trap being the last thing the person is ever going to be in....*BREATHE* So did anyone see "the changeover"?

Even though it was always pretty obvious that Saw wasn't gonna open today, I think it was pretty out of Thorpe to get the actors around the Saw area, and open the shop and the photo booth things - just gave false hope that it might open to people who aren't really au fait with this kind of thing. When I first arrived today, there could only have been about 5 or so rides open (went on Depth Charge first, didn't regret it :)), so it wasn't just the lack of Saw that was annoying. I reckon an angry letter wouldn't go amiss, hopefully get some free tickets out of it.That said, I got chased by one of the actors who clearly liked my t-shirt (shouted 'MOTLEY CRUEEEE!' at me and chased me haha!); good to know I have the same taste in music as freaks on stilts.

Yes, we know , there is a topic for it, does it have to be posted in every single other topic.

He was just saying since todays and possibly yesterdays meet didn't go to plan.subculturehero did you not get free tickets on exit?Haha the actors kept shaking my hand :) one of them almost lifted me up (she was on stilts)

Hmm interesting point there. I didn't see any actor changeovers but I'm sure they have a way of doing it so the person looks dead or something :) I guess if the fastrack / queue merge point was outside they would have no problems with swapping actors, but seeing as you queue inside I have no idea. I'm gonna have to look out for that next time.