SAW: The Ride

Mark9

This is so typical Thorpe Park, with SAW shut and Stealth and Slammer thats just ridiculous, I swear some rides are closed more than they are open.

It's more like a fact. :)

I did buy a SAW needle pen and a SAW mug which are both very good and quite cheap with the 20% discount from my annual pass. The attention to detail was amazing.

I saw these in the shop today, they are the 2 best items on sale.

Free return entry tickets for those who paid to get into the park today. Fastrack would have been issued to Annual Pass holders.

Damn, I wish I'd have known this yesterday.Let me start with the disasterous day I had yesterday. I turned up about 10:30am to find Colossus, Saw, Stealth, Loggers Leap, Rumba Rapids, Slammer and Rush all closed. Some were because of a powercut. Can you believe that half the park's electric covers Ashford, and the other half Chertsey? Crazy! How old's that place, that should've been sorted out years ago!Anyway, bascially I didn't get on a single damn ride yesterday and was majorly pee'd off. I left at 1:00pm. What annoyed me was about 11:00am they told us Colossus engineers hadn't started checks and were gonna be another 45 minutes or so, and then at midday we were told exactly the same thing. I smelt something very fishy and it wasn't the oil dripping off the lift hill motor, which wasn't working. All these closed rides were causing a backlog of wait for other rides.Anyway, I went back this morning at 10:00am and was pleased to see Saw testing as I crossed the bridge. I headed straight for it and was on it after a short queue. First impressions of the building inside? Not bad. Flickering lights and other effects, plus the "I wanna play a game" video do build up tension...but not for me. ;) As I walked into the station loading area, I took a look round, and thought "Is that it?!" - all this hype for months about how good the station's theming was going to be, and although it is a very good station, it's not exactly scary or gorry, and there is room for improvement. First-ever ride and it was the back row for me, damn, oh well at least I had made it here! After the ride started, I knew what to expect what with the drop and inline twist, and then out to the tower we went. Well, we got to the bottom of it, stopped and waited for about 10 seconds before it took us up. For a second I thought there was a problem. We were at the top quicker than I expected it to be, and then whoosh, off we went, down the drop. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the ride and immediately went back for another, this time on the second row. The ride was how I expected it to be.On my first ride, the camera wasn't working, it was on my second though. I do like the model of Billy on his bike on your right, just as you leave the station - it is Billy, isn't it?

Can you believe that half the park's electric covers Ashford, and the other half Chertsey? Crazy! How old's that place, that should've been sorted out years ago!

I thought it was half the park is Chertsey, and the other half is the Staines grid? Ashford seems way too far away from Thorpe to me for them to be running off the Ashford grid rather than the Staines grid. What exactly should they be sorting out? :) They aren't an electricity supply company so when powercuts happen, unfortunatly the only thing that can be done is wait it out and then reopen the rides when the National Grid had resolved the problem, or finished their work etc.There are generators I expect which would provide back up power for lighting etc.

Well, we got to the bottom of it, stopped and waited for about 10 seconds before it took us up. For a second I thought there was a problem.

Every Eurofighter does this, it's just to make sure the car in front has cleared the block section. Nothing to worry about at all.I agree with your views on the station in some ways. I didn't think 'is that it?!' however I did think there was room for more gore and scaryness to be added, on the staircase in particular. The inside has been very well done though and its definatly Thorpes best themed coaster IMO.

I have just got back from TP - SAW has been running fine with only one delay that I noticed (which only lasted about 10 minutes) great ride hopefully it stays open now!

if your on about the delay where 2 trains were stuck outside the station and another one on the flat track before the last loop I was on that. woop woop.

Appart from Saturday and Sunday, although I'm not sure how busy it will be on Sunday becasue its Mothers day and AP day at CWOA.

I would say probably 15 minutes max in the week, and 30 minutes max on Saturday. As you say, with it being Mother's day and AP day at CWOA on Sunday, I wouldn't expect many people to turn up.

I would say probably 15 minutes max in the week, and 30 minutes max on Saturday. As you say, with it being Mother's day and AP day at CWOA on Sunday, I wouldn't expect many people to turn up.

You really think it will be max 30mins? If it is, I will be very happy, going Sunday to make up for the fact that SAW was closed this Sunday.

You really think it will be max 30mins? If it is, I will be very happy, going Sunday to make up for the fact that SAW was closed this Sunday.

I shouldn't think it will be much longer than 30 minutes. Don't take my word for it though, many people might have the same idea as you and visit again to make up for the previous weekend.