Closed Rides

Ash

Those Colossus nets look worse than I imagined! I was at the park last Saturday and saw lots of timber and power tools near the entrance. It was only when I spoke to a bloke that I found out why it was closed. You'd have thought that they might have taken a leaf out of Stealth's book and put some similar ones up.

I agree, I think they look incredibly out of place. Now all of the coasters at Thorpe have nets up, hopefully they will theme the Colossus ones..

yh but it cant be helped as its health and safety I think I would rather have ugly nets up then have a nut or bolt or something hit me on the head and in time to come they will start to sort of mix in with the surroundings its only cause there brand new they look a bit out of place anyway I think there not to bad

Rush is still closed this dont look to good anyone tell why they think its unavaliable please thanks lol

Translation:Rush is still closed, this doesn't look guys! Not to sure myself why it's closed, anyone have any suggestions? What a pickle, laugh out loud. In future, try to proof read your posts. It's in the guidelines, which are now plastered everywhere.

I think the mesh would slow anything down...I hope they get worn away at... and maybe some vines and planting around them [which we all know won't happen]oh well, I gues we have to live with it; there's nothing much we can do.although couldn't they have at least made them fit in, and not so butt-ugly.oh, this is probably a stupid question, but why is there meshing under the airtime hill, and the final turn into the last heartline roll? the ride isn't upside down at those points?can people still drop stuff?but hey, I'm glad its back open, no matter the outcome :huh:

Well no matter what way up the train is, if something falls off, the only way it can go is down, and if down is the pathways, then netting is required.I think they are a bit excessive with the wooden posts, but yeah agreed if they added greenery it would be quite good.

but surely some idiot who thinks he's really cool could come along, see whether anyone was looking, and possibly climb onto the mesh underneath the final turn and actually stand on the track?yeah, he would be thrown out of the park, but that's if the train didn't hit him first