Closed Rides

Ash

there was lots of activity at Stealth yesterday with the staff all positive about it opening, then they started testing it at around 3ish.Several successful cycles then after about 20 minutes it stopped at the top and rolled back. The staff then announced the testing was not going as planned and the fault was still present and it would not reopen that evening.

Colossus had a lift hill evacuation on Saturday.Posted ImagePosted ImageI was amazed by the speed and efficiency of Thorpe. We saw the train on the Lift Hill, being evacuated which was done effortlessly. Then the area was roped off whilst the engineers appeared to check the bolts on the section of the drop. Colossus was back up and running in less than an hour ... fantastic work by Thorpe! Mind you they were already down with Stealth and Slammer, so yeah, the loss of Colossus too would have been their worst nightmare.

there was lots of activity at Stealth yesterday with the staff all positive about it opening, then they started testing it at around 3ish.Several successful cycles then after about 20 minutes it stopped at the top and rolled back. The staff then announced the testing was not going as planned and the fault was still present and it would not reopen that evening.

On Sunday Stealth didn't even test-run once, which surprised me. I was there from 12:00pm, so I dunno about the morning...?