Closed Rides

Ash

There's one thing I dont get about this evacuation - why did it get halfway up the lift hill before the the all-important big red button was hit? Why didn't they finish off one round, close it and investigate the problem? Yes, top marks to the park for getting the problem resolved in an hour, but thumbs down for letting get halfway up the lift hill before evacuating.

There's one thing I dont get about this evacuation - why did it get halfway up the lift hill before the the all-important big red button was hit? Why didn't they finish off one round, close it and investigate the problem? Yes, top marks to the park for getting the problem resolved in an hour, but thumbs down for letting get halfway up the lift hill before evacuating.

When you know there is a problem, you stop the ride. Period. You don't wait for a train full of guests to go round, hope it will be alright and then go take a look. Think about it.

Yes, I am.I wrote:There's one thing I dont get about this evacuation - why did it get halfway up the lift hill before the the all-important big red button was hit? Why didn't they finish off one round, close it and investigate the problem? Yes, top marks to the park for getting the problem resolved in an hour, but thumbs down for letting get halfway up the lift hill before evacuating.Alex replied:When you know there is a problem, you stop the ride. Period. You don't wait for a train full of guests to go round, hope it will be alright and then go take a look. Think about it.Yes, you stop the ride. But surely someone noticed the problem and thought we better close the ride and get the engineers along, rather than get halfway up a lift hill?

How do you know that they didn't find out and e-stopped it straight away. After-all its not as if a Colossus operator is stationed right next to the first drop. I doubt they thought they'd stop it half way up the lift for a laugh either. Sometimes I cannot believe some of the claims people come out with.

I'm sure more than half the operators find out somethings wrong, decide to fill up a train, check restraints send then estop on lift. Such a laugh. Theme park bloke - you are a moron, goodbye.

And you've just been reported!Just because we're all visitors and you're a ride operator, and visitors don't know that much, are we all morons? Because according to you we are.Well Peter, I know how things work, and I know I'm right on this.

And you've just been reported!Just because we're all visitors and you're a ride operator, and visitors don't know that much, are we all morons? Because according to you we are.Well Peter, I know how things work, and I know I'm right on this.

Its merely Common Sense?Tell us, what would you do if YOU were the ride op, and you knew something was wrong, before you began Loading. Would you still load and dispatch the train?

Congratulations, you have just failed your ride test. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 pounds. If there is any risk at all, even slightly remote, you e-stop it. If someone had been seriously injured or even worse killed on Colossus the park would take the buck for the incident but it would be ultimately the operators fault. An E-stop is far safer then letting the train complete its journey regardless of how much time it takes to evacuate the train.

Possibly because they wernt aware of any problems prior to dispatch.

Exactly- I'm sure that they e-stopped it as soon as they found out about the problem- I mean why would they let the train continue if they knew there was a problem.Theme Park Bloke- your argument is pointless please stop trying to defend yourself. :)