Phill

What is your orientation?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What is your orientation?

• Straight
    • Gay
    • Bisexual
    • Unsure

Wow that's made me think about it in a really good way if you know what I mean and made it pretty clear and also everything you've said there is true. Only thing is , if I did come out as being gay , ( I think I'm straight) there are so many people I know that would take the mick , I've been bullied... alot , but oh well I'll know in the future :(

People have been thinking I was gay since Year 6! I got bullied about it and I didnt even know I was gay in Year 6.Y8 came me questioning myself. and I agree with what Mark says - so what if you sleep with guys? Don't like it, don't talk to me! (exept he worded it nicer! :( )You like girls only - StraightYou like guys only - GayYou like both - BiSimples! :(

I'm just going to have a quick rant. It really annoys when I hear straight people referring to being straight as "normal". I hear it all the time in conversations at school for example. I am straight, but I am completely open-minded, and it annoys me when people say that being gay is "un-natural". Everyone is different, and everyone's sexual orientation is different. I just want people to accept that. We are such a diverse world, and there is no such thing as "normal" in my opinion. That's my rant over :(.

I'm just going to have a quick rant. It really annoys when I hear straight people referring to being straight as "normal". I hear it all the time in conversations at school for example. I am straight, but I am completely open-minded, and it annoys me when people say that being gay is "un-natural". Everyone is different, and everyone's sexual orientation is different. I just want people to accept that. We are such a diverse world, and there is no such thing as "normal" in my opinion. That's my rant over :(.

I dont get neither when people say being gay is un natural. My cousins dog only humps boy dogs so they have a gay dog so cant be un natural! :(

It actually enrages me when people state that being Straight is "Normal". It isnt, every sexuality is "Normal" theres nothing abnormal about them.

Makes me angry as well, and quite offended. There is no 'normal' or 'abnormal', just some people who are more open minded and adventurous than others.The people who say that gays are not normal- well they can just go and die. They are the ones that arn't normal.

Sexuality shouldn't really matter since loads of celebrities are either bi, lesbian or gay:Lindsey Lohan: w/ Samantha RonsonMegan Fox: Bi and announced that she finds both sexes sexually attractiveLady Gaga: Announced on Wossy that she used to fantasize about women during sex with boyfriendAngelina Jolie: Had a relationship with Jenny Shizmu and said that if she never met Brad, she'd be with herEllen Degeneres: Married Portia De RossiCynthia Nixon: Came outWill YoungAlan CarrJustin Lee CollinsClay Aiken: AnnouncedFergie: Bi said she had some lesbian experiences and likes womenRupert Everett: Came out in Paris in 1989John BarrowmanNeed to go on: It shows that more women celebrities are coming out in Hollywood than men

Sexuality shouldn't really matter since loads of celebrities are either bi, lesbian or gay:Lindsey Lohan: w/ Samantha RonsonMegan Fox: Bi and announced that she finds both sexes sexually attractiveLady Gaga: Announced on Wossy that she used to fantasize about women during sex with boyfriendAngelina Jolie: Had a relationship with Jenny Shizmu and said that if she never met Brad, she'd be with herEllen Degeneres: Married Portia De RossiCynthia Nixon: Came outWill YoungAlan CarrJustin Lee CollinsClay Aiken: Announced

Even so, it's not just a case of Sexuality not mattering because of celebrities. It's just a case of sexuality not mattering full stop. Although, I do agree that the increasing variety of sexual preferences on the television is creating a more diverse world in terms of sexual orientation.

My point was, that its ok to be gay, bi, lesbian because these are celebrities who are in the spotlight and have pressure put on them everyday and they are able to admit they're gay/bi/lesbian and no-one has much of a problem with it.The fact that people's friends have problems with it, is just a stupid, immature teen thing and as people become adults, they become smarter and realise that all these things don't matter and don't define the person you or someone is.People's friends or schoolmates might find it hard to handle but when they're older they'll understand - it's just a phrase where people find it hard to accept. Parents would find it hard to accept but some do and some don't - it depends on the type of person they are and how they have brought you up. Some parents would find it hard to accpept because they have this plan, where you go to university, get a job, find girl if you're a boy or boy if you're a girl and get married have kids. That's how it was when they were younger and their parents - they might not be able to accept that times are changing and so are traditions.

My point was, that its ok to be gay, bi, lesbian because these are celebrities who are in the spotlight and have pressure put on them everyday and they are able to admit they're gay/bi/lesbian and no-one has much of a problem with it.The fact that people's friends have problems with it, is just a stupid, immature teen thing and as people become adults, they become smarter and realise that all these things don't matter and don't define the person you or someone is.People's friends or schoolmates might find it hard to handle but when they're older they'll understand - it's just a phrase where people find it hard to accept. Parents would find it hard to accept but some do and some don't - it depends on the type of person they are and how they have brought you up. Some parents would find it hard to accpept because they have this plan, where you go to university, get a job, find girl if you're a boy or boy if you're a girl and get married have kids. That's how it was when they were younger and their parents - they might not be able to accept that times are changing and so are traditions.

Omg, You are actually describing my parents really well! Except not out to them so I just nod :(

• 3 weeks later...

Keith (TPMad) you don't have to apologise!If people misinterpet what you say, it's their fault. There is a clear blatant difference between:"I swear everyone on TPM is either gay/bi" AND "Everyone on TPM IS either gay/bi"Tim: He didn't say everyone is, he was saying it in a different context

my point exactly! No-one cares, they had their "fun" and majority got over it. It's old news and the next best news are who is together/breaking up and exams.It always dies down - until....someone brings it up again and it's deja vu all over again. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously, I am not used to this as I live in Brighton but I was really shocked to have comments said to my face on my last visit to Chessington in Dragon's Fury queue line.It did not really bother me as I felt safe with the person who I was with but it felt a bit weird to be honest.

Were people rude to you about your sexuality then?

Were people rude to you about your sexuality then?

Some chavs gave some sarcastic comments in the queue line and had someone else state it whilst walking around the park.They wern't rude with what they said but you just know how they were implying (sp?) it was rude.I would never expect that from a place that I visit so often and that I love. (Chessington).However, that little thing was not going to ruin my day and I continued as normal! :P