Phill

What is your orientation?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What is your orientation?

• Straight
    • Gay
    • Bisexual
    • Unsure

I think I'm similar in some ways. I've always liked girls and I've been this way since I was about 4 years old. My best friend when I was in primary school was this girl who was really pretty and now at this present moment, she is absolutely drop-dead gorgeous. I've always found it easy to talk to girls and act normal, most guys pretend to be something that they're not, or they try too hard to impress a girl or get her attention.I've always thought of myself as straight, but I am open-minded and am not singling out those things. I intend to get married and have a wife and kids. It's not because it's normal, it's what I want. I've come from a small family with parents and sister, a cousin I rarely see and about 12-16 cousins / nephew / nieces over in Malaysia / Singapore where Mum's family live. Having a wife and kids is something on my long-term list.I am not looking for a relationship at the moment because I don't think I am ready. I need to grow-up more, take more responsibility and change a few things here and there. I've never been in a relationship, so I don't know what I like. I admittedly, have done things in high school but it was a mistake, I was very vulnerable and it was the lowest-points in my life. Those experiences made me even more confused.I don't want people to categorize me because I am not like everyone else. I've never been in a relationship and I won't know if I am straight or bi until something happens. I am not looking for a boyfriend but if someone who really took me by suprise came along, and was different, then I don't know what could happen; but I do know, I will always like girls. I don't think that anyone can rule out being bi/gay unless they have had some experience, that convinces them they aren't. The reason for this, is that you won't know unless you've tried. I hate curry and I know I hate currey because I've tried and I find it to be disgusting - same rule? Girls and boys play spin the bottle and in some cases, a same sex kiss occurs and if you liked it, you liked it and if you hated it, you hated it. But then, you might be in denial and might have liked it, but don't want to admit it, in fear that you become socially-rejected by friends.

I don't want people to categorize me because I am not like everyone else. I've never been in a relationship and I won't know if I am straight or bi until something happens. I am not looking for a boyfriend but if someone who really took me by suprise came along, and was different, then I don't know what could happen; but I do know, I will always like girls. I don't think that anyone can rule out being bi/gay unless they have had some experience, that convinces them they aren't. The reason for this, is that you won't know unless you've tried. I hate curry and I know I hate currey because I've tried and I find it to be disgusting - same rule? Girls and boys play spin the bottle and in some cases, a same sex kiss occurs and if you liked it, you liked it and if you hated it, you hated it. But then, you might be in denial and might have liked it, but don't want to admit it, in fear that you become socially-rejected by friends.

Completely agree. Great post too, Will. In my year at school (an all boys school), there is one person who is admittedly gay. He gets picked on quite a bit, but only in a jokey way, and I'm actually great friends with him. Most people in my year at school seem to have the same opinion of 'Urgh, being gay is disgusting etc'. I have a group of friends (about 6 or 7) that I am incredibly close to, and share absolutely everything with. If I had a gay experience and found that I liked it, I would have no shame in telling them, or telling them if I was gay or bisexual. They won't tell anyone outside the group anything, unless I specifically want them too, and they make me feel so warm, and that I can trust them with anything. It really helps, knowing that I've got those friends that I can tell things to, and it makes me feel a lot more comfortable growing up that I know that if I need to tell them or want to, I can without feeling like I might be rejected for it.But in terms of sexuality, I'm Straight, maybe a little bi-curious. The real truth is, at this present time I'm suffering one of the worst things. I'm in love with someone who I can't have.

Most people in my year at school seem to have the same opinion of 'Urgh, being gay is disgusting etc'.

I am sorry that you have that in your school. When I came out to friends at my school, they were fine with it and everyone accepted it.Some people did give me a weird look for a few days but I never changed myself as a person & they relised that.Hopefully as you go through years, you will find most of the ****s will mature.

If I had a gay experience and found that I liked it, I would have no shame in telling them, or telling them if I was gay or bisexual.

Good for you Paul!

They won't tell anyone outside the group anything, unless I specifically want them too, and they make me feel so warm, and that I can trust them with anything. It really helps, knowing that I've got those friends that I can tell things to, and it makes me feel a lot more comfortable growing up that I know that if I need to tell them or want to, I can without feeling like I might be rejected for it.

I started off doing the same. I told a few people and I thought it was a major deal as then I thought I was different to everyone.Then, all of a sudden you will feel that you aren't bothered and if people go "Are you gay/bi" - you will probably have no problem saying yes or no whether they are your friends or not! :PAlso, if you do end up gay or bi - remember this - Anyone that was your friend that goes against you for your sexuality was NEVER your friend in the first place!I am fortunate I have not had to think that about anyone to date...

Also, if you do end up gay or bi - remember this - Anyone that was your friend that goes against you for your sexuality was NEVER your friend in the first place!I am fortunate I have not had to think that about anyone to date...

Thanks for the advice, Keith. I completely agree, I know none of my close friends would do that, they have said countless times that they don't care what your sexuality is, as long as you don't go in their face about it, which is understandable, I hate it when two people start getting off in front of me, whether they're straight or not!I'm still the same person, regardless of my sexuality. I'm just happy that I'm currently in a place where people can accept that. As for the tw*ts that can't deal with it, I don't give a 'flying fish' about them! :P (As quoted by Keith)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This might sound bad, but I have a girlfriend, but to be honest I'm not sure what I am... :D Please don't judge me :)

I was joking about you guys judging me :D Thanks for the advice...

Sod being judged on your sexuality.. ya welsh too! :D I hate all dirty homosexuals, and feel they should be banished from the earth, their perverted and disgusting actions are not right by our lord jesus christ!But anyway, yeh.. I'm gay aswell! A more interesting question I find towards the gays, if you had a choice, would you still be gay? If I was offered the choice now, being able to change at this point in my life, it'd be no, however, if I had had the choice when I was younger and I was finding out what I was, I'd have DEFINATELY gone for being straight, no stigmas attached to it, it's 'normal', etc etc etc, the list goes on! Not that I'm unhappy now, just feel that life may have been easier, had I been a straight!

I know a lesbian. Compared to about 100 gays. So yeah....As for Tub's question... wouldn't change it for the world. An important thing for me is that being gay isn't my personality, it's just one aspect of me. I guess I'm lucky that I didn't 'discover' myself until the end of school so I didn't have the jeering and bullying side of it which may have made me ashamed... However the boyfriend is so open and so "pro-gay rights" it's rubbed of on me slightly. :)

I'm straight but I have no problem at all with gay people :)As for the 'gay as an adjective' thing, my citizenship teacher said something quite good: "You wouldn't go up to someone and say, 'your shoes are so Muslim!' would you!"Made us all laugh :DDisclaimer: Not intended in a racist way, ect ect...