Phill

What is your orientation?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What is your orientation?

• Straight
    • Gay
    • Bisexual
    • Unsure

Aww, that's awful! Dw, true friends will stand by you. :)

I just blank most of it out though, you get used to this rubbish. ;)

I absolutely HATE this tbh! You shouldn't have to get used to it! It's not a nice thing to go through but people are left to get away with it?! It's disgusting that some people are intimidated or feel they have to hide their true self because of how others react.As long as people are comfortable with themselves and are happy, isn't that all that matters? Well it should be... Grrr... I could happily punch anyone who thinks being gay is something to be made a joke of ...and it's pathetic that people think you fancy everyone.I'm calm. :P

I went through and still am going through pretty much the same thing as Mr. Hicks and Tommy. It's such a shame how we live in a world where its so homophobic in schools. I mean everyone in my year knows, well, nearly everyone. But word will be getting around because more and more people are seeing me with my partner after school. To be honest, I am incredibly surprised at the reactions, there really isn't any. It could be because I am the 2nd most campest person in the school (thats not exaggerated).But the feeling of coming out is amazing, I can feel more relaxed and open. I actually can tell the difference between the closest and coming out of it. I feel proud of myself! :)Okay this post isnt going anywhere now, so ill zip it for now. :)

Ahh mate, I really do feel for you. I didn't officially come out at school (some say I still haven't) but I still had a load of it myself, and like you I either ignored it or just brushed it off. However, like Mark9 said, things WILL get better from here on, and you will have a lot more freedom to express yourselfI used to get stuff like that a lot, and although it may not be like you to do it now, just milk it. I've rarely ever encountered any homophobes recently, but should such a comment be made, play along with it (within reason of course). Back in the day, even if it wasn't the best idea, I thought "stuff it", I proper camped it up and started acting all flirty around the guys who took the mick. It eventually shut them up, but if you ask me, just act yourself, be yourself, and you will be more universally accepted by your fellow peers, if not so already! I personally try to make something positive out of any negative instance such as that!]Judging by the way you phrased that, don't for a second think that you're not normal. You are who you are! :PWhy thank you! ;) Dude, everything should pass over time. I don't know what your choices are for when you finish your GCSEs (and it's all up to you), but I personally found leaving school for college a great way to boost my self esteem and build my character more. I forget what else I was going to say here, but you will learn so much about yourself in the years to come! I still have much to learn myself! By being who I am now, I feel more accepted by people for being me than I was back in the school days (I didn't have much street cred back then, especially as it was an all boys school!). :)

What I found was that as soon as people found out about me, going to an all-girls school, most were like 'omg who do you fancy?' of 'who do you thinks fit?' and stuff like that. It annoyed me and its like I used to get people avoiding me and giving me bad looks. The next big thing that came along was someone admitting to being lesbian. That was refreshing.When I left school and went to college if people ask I will tell them. My Dads still in denial about me being bi, which is fine. I just hope when my boyfriend comes over he doesn't mention anything.

What I found was that as soon as people found out about me, going to an all-girls school, most were like 'omg who do you fancy?' of 'who do you thinks fit?' and stuff like that. It annoyed me and its like I used to get people avoiding me and giving me bad looks. The next big thing that came along was someone admitting to being lesbian. That was refreshing.When I left school and went to college if people ask I will tell them. My Dads still in denial about me being bi, which is fine. I just hope when my boyfriend comes over he doesn't mention anything.

Awws! I'm bi too and only some friends from tpm and one person at school know. I go to an all girls' school as well and I don't want to end up going through the same thing that another friend went through. It didnt even end after a few months, she eventually had to leave because it got so bad. I don't plan on coming out publicly or even to my parents. My mum would kill me if the -female dogs- don't first. I'll be torn apart alive if they'd dare come anywhere near me. =\And even if I told some close friends I don't think they'd take it very well. Most people were scared that my friend might fancy everyone in our school and people refused to change near her in P.E. I'm worried that they would just be scared about changing around me or hugging me even if they didnt mean to let it show. I might tell a few close friends soon. I should be able to trust them if they are true friends... it's just taking that step... it's hard. :SEveryone else who has done it already, well done!! It's harder than you'd think. =\xx

I think anyone who comes out at school is very very brave. I could never have said "oh by the way I don't just choose vanilla, I also want mint choc chip every now and then" because its something about the school environment that makes the whole coming out thing so hostile.I'd forgotten that this sort of thing still happens to be honest as every year at work and in social situations, whenever someone has asked me what I am, I tell them the truth and theres absolutely no problems at all. I even had a mini-scandal (ooh-err :)) three years ago and the issue was never my sexuality, it was the people involved in it. So yeah, from experience, as people grow up they become more accepting of homosexuality. Unless your a right-winged, Daily Mail idiot who will never be won over because of their extreme stances....

Yer it definetly gets better after coming out.Even though I'm still at the same school doing my A-Levels.I get along with alot more people and I feel confident to be open about being gay & a dancer.PE was definetly the worse in year 10, but I generally refused to do it to avoid the upset, so I feel for you Mr Hicks for having it as your first lesson!

Awws! I'm bi too and only some friends from tpm and one person at school know. I go to an all girls' school as well and I don't want to end up going through the same thing that another friend went through. It didnt even end after a few months, she eventually had to leave because it got so bad. I don't plan on coming out publicly or even to my parents. My mum would kill me if the -female dogs- don't first. I'll be torn apart alive if they'd dare come anywhere near me. =\And even if I told some close friends I don't think they'd take it very well. Most people were scared that my friend might fancy everyone in our school and people refused to change near her in P.E. I'm worried that they would just be scared about changing around me or hugging me even if they didnt mean to let it show. I might tell a few close friends soon. I should be able to trust them if they are true friends... it's just taking that step... it's hard. :SEveryone else who has done it already, well done!! It's harder than you'd think. =\xx

If the people at school find out and give you a hard time, just remember I'm only a 30minish walk from your school. As for telling your close friends, I'm sure some of the ones you've mentioned to me would be alright with it. Most people are okay with it its just you get the few that aren't and they happen to be the 'populars' and everyone listens to them. But yeah if anyone gives you a hard time, I'll sort 'em out =P

Haha! Thanks :PI imagined you chasing them down the road :P Muahahahahaa!And I REALLY know what you mean by the 'populars'. They're usually intimidating with lots of intimidating friends and are pure evil! We have a ton of those. I'm more concerned about the HUGE bully that waddles around everywhere and could knock anyone out with one punch... She's someone I trust dearly. :P But yer, thanks!! :D x

I have to agree with Mark9 I also think anyone who comes out at school is very brave.As with people saying "don't bend over" etc. BBQChris is right you should milk it or say something else to counter-act what they say. I feel sorry for anyone going through rough times and being picked on over their sexuality. Once you have left school things are alot better because in general people at colleges etc are more grown up and dont say things to "be in the cool crowd". Just remember your true and closest friends are always there for you.As you can see alot of people have gone through the same as you here and they can help you get through these times. Everyone on TPM is understanding and you can talk to anyone on here. The worst thing you can do is let people get you down remember your young for a short period and life itself is short enjoy it everyday and be happy with yourself.Do not do the same mistake that I did and still do and that is bottle up your emotions and tell people let it out. You will feel much better after getting things out into the open people are always here to help.

Hahaha! I wouldn't try that with the people at MY school. xDI told a friend yesterday that I'm bi. She was really accepting and I felt so much better for telling someone from my school. I thought it would have pushed my friends away but it has made my friend and me closer. I'm pretty sure she's told a couple of our other friends as I've had a few questions... and attempts at some more. But to be honest if they don't accept me for who I am they don't deserve my friendship :PIf it spreads to the moo cows... well, we'll have to see if it happens and how bad it gets but for now I'm pretty comfy. :P

I'm gay. And it's pretty hard to try and hide it :P lol, I'm camper than christmas :P So yeah I had problems with people all through school, especially Yrs 8, 9 & 10 by Yr11 things calmed down as people are more mature. But yeah it wasnt nice but it's a fact of life so I just went about ignoring it. Lucky for me I'm a pretty confident person so I don't let anything like that get to me anymore, but I once did so I know what it feels like to be taunted at school and have everyone knowing.The hardest thing for me was telling my brother as he has mental illnesses that cause him to worry etc and he is a devout christian who's church is pretty homophobic, so once everyone in the family knew he was the only one left and we didnt tell him for a year :P but everything is fine now.Anyway enough rambling, I answered the question :P

I am bi :POnly a few of my selected friends know, Even though I didnt want them to, They caught on without me knowing :)So I gathered evetually everyone will catch on, and it will save me the effort of spilling it.and there is some selcted people I like :PI'm going to shut up now, Or I will go on an on.:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am bisexual :D Once you get to know me you would probably say I am all gay though! :D I am not out to many people at school for reasons on previous posts. I don't really need to come out as most people call me there 'gay friend' or 'I always wanted a gay friend'. And Girls become all over you, it is like ok but why can't this be guys! :P Btw, this place now seems like a group against Homophobic people! :(:D Like girls but would not really want to do 'anything' but guys is a different story!