Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

Posted ImageThe graphic Alton are using for the promotion. Fantastic stuff. It's been said a few times but I'm repeating it anyway. This is the kind of marketing the park should play on, it really is sublime and get's people talking about what Alton Towers is all about. The rides.

Where is all this marketing? TV, radio, net? Not seen any except in the park or on here. I spend more hours than is reasonable in front of the tv and listen to the radio in the car everyday and yet haven't seen or heard any of it.

Where is all this marketing? TV, radio, net? Not seen any except in the park or on here. I spend more hours than is reasonable in front of the tv and listen to the radio in the car everyday and yet haven't seen or heard any of it.

To be fair I fastforward the ads 90% of the time and I've still managed to see the tv one a few times. Slots are quite specificity chosen for target audience I guess, think it's been on during Chris Moyles Quiz Night a few times. I don't listen to commercial radio though, don't know if they are even running a campaign on there or not.

You will be fine at this time of year, just avoid Saturday.The park is open till 7pm, and if you have ERT from 9-10 you can get a lot done then too.The park has bags of atmosphere when it's medium to busy. If it's dead, yes you can ride whore - but Alton loses the ambience.Summer is a great time to visit, extra entertainment, nice weather... why not explore the winding paths from the gardens into the valley? There's a lot off the beaten track.:(

Queues are under an hour usually.Unfortunately, you've missed the best week of the summer holidays. First week is dead - for example, most queues have been under half hour all day (even 10mins for main coasters at 1pm). It'll become busier from next week, but still very worth going to.

• 2 weeks later...