Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

^ Yes, you are elegible for ERT, the park opens up at 9 for you and you will have to show your AP to the people at the end of towers street as well as scanning it at the turnstiles.Here is the ride line up for the 2011 ERT:OblivionNemesisMarauder's Mayhem Heave Ho!Runaway Mine Train HexRita Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE

^ Yes, you are elegible for ERT, the park opens up at 9 for you and you will have to show your AP to the people at the end of towers street as well as scanning it at the turnstiles.Here is the ride line up for the 2011 ERT:OblivionNemesisMarauder's Mayhem Heave Ho!Runaway Mine Train HexRita Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE

Wicked!Will I just scan my pass at the turnstiles then and just head to the people at the end of Towers street and then its sorted?Gonna have to get up a bit earlier and enjoy this!Thanks Very Much!!!

Easter sunday was an odd day because it was the unofficial Gypsy weekend, they had a gypsy cart race a few miles away on saturday and they all came to visit Alton on the sunday! I have never seen Alton look so strange! The girls from years 6-21 all had 6 inches of makeup, 6 inche high heels, alot of them wore next to nothing and the women/wifes wore amazing colourfull evening dresses, I believe they do this because its a 'special event' (the gathering of gypsy's) The park was busy but the queues were no more than 45 minutes and got on everything, got on th13teen 3 times is a row which was good during ERT (Rita was broken so they opened th13teen)The park was full of police officers probably because of the problems they have had with gypsy people in the past, apparantley they caught one couple having sex in there car and one of the boys hopped the fence at air and went into the restricted area! It didnt feel right, all the extra security made it feel like thorpe park fright night, overall it was a good day except for the gypsy boys that liked to queue jump and were very rude to many staff!Easter monday was unbelievable I got on ALL rides by 3pm and went home at 4pm because we were stumped on what to do! the queues got to a maximum of 20 minutes and most major rides were 5-15 minutes.I thought the staff were very friendly, BUT it seems alot of the staff don't enforce the queue jumping and smoking rules! I only saw a few staff actually take control, but good to them!Overall a good day and I want to do gypsy weekend again, because the day was so colourful, and it felt like there was a special event on!(I just want to point out this does not mean I dont like gypsy's I'm just stating my trip, I love the gypsy parents we were having a lovely discussion with a family but the kids can be right pains in the...!)

On "Travellers Day", Alton tend to enforce different policies for staff. Ride staff themselves have to be very careful whom and how they confront queue jumpers etc. However, such is the increase in security - including police officers - that they are advised to contact security ASAP to enforce rules and regulations. On Sunday, I saw 2 police officers and 2 security officers remove about 15 people from the latter stages of the Th13teen queue line.The park was incredibly busy on Sunday afternoon in particular, although queue's weren't too bad - I recalled seeing 45 minutes for most major rides. I hadn't seen Dark Forest so packed with people since Fireworks last year.It doesn't suprise me that Easter Monday wasn't so busy. Always a reverse psychology going on, and people tend not to visit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Price Increases:Adult ticket now £40.80 on the day. This is the second rise this season following the introduction of the £39.60 charge at the start of the season.In addition, there is an "offer" price of £39.60 if you pay on the day. This is not to be used in conjunction with ANY other offer. Guests using BOGOF / £5 off or any other discount ticket, will have to pay the full £40.80 rate.I think Alton have lost it.

So there is a price if you are using a voucher and a price if you are actually trying to pay on the day?....So glad I have my AP and just don't have to worry about it. Breaking the £40 barrier though is interesting, they are probably blaming it on VAT

Alton Towers Theme Park Ticket Price is £39.60They need to make more money.They announce increases in the gate price to £40.80, but in reality keep it at £39.60 (a "special" offer).Everyone still pays £39.60. However, those using vouchers and any form of discount (£5 off etc.) have their deduction from the £40.80 price.Nobody actually pays the £40.80 price. Whatsoever.Is this even within the law? Surely it's treading damn close to it.

Interesting - though I swear the cost has been £40.60 for ages? There's been plenty of tickets on the floor around park saying entry 40.60 - so they've only increased it 20p?Or has this bogof £40.60 thing been in place all season, only recently being risen to 40.80 and people just becoming aware of it?

Admission has been £39.60 since the start of the 2011 season, and has only recently risen to £40.80. Remember, it already went up from £38.00 which it was at the end of last season. Baring in mind of course, there are no developments at AT whatsoever this year. Prior the recent rise:£39.60 = on the day price. BOGOF = £19.80pp.Now:£39.60 = on the day price (although this is dubbed a "special offer price").£40.80 = advertised on the day price. Thus BOGOF price is £20.40pp. Seems a but murky.

It depends on when you want to go dude. I always use London Midland to book Alton Towers Travel and they're usually fantastic. I've found ticket options for £22 return on London Midland for Saturday 16th July... which was just a random date that I'd typed in. Here are the details:Departing London Euston @ 07:20 (Virgin Trains to Manchester Piccadilly)Arriving Stoke on Trent @ 08:48.This is a £11 single ticket.Then on the way home, the same day.Departing Stoke on Trent @ 18:12Arriving London Euston @ 19:42.This is another £11 single ticket.If there are a few of you, it works out great to get a cab to and from the station at a few quid each. The Virgin Trains are awesome and are more like aeroplanes. You'll be at Stoke on Trent before you know it.Definitely go and take a look on London Midland though, some great offers on there for Travel to Alton. :lol:

Okay another question, does alton towers get busy on sundays. I was planning on going up there with some freinds this weekend and I worked out the whole day will cost me 50 quid. If its going to be busy I dont see much point in going.Jake :lol:

A busy Towers isn't that bad... I couldn't tell you how busy it will be on a Sunday, but since 90% of the main ride queues go very quickly it's not something that should stop you from going...

Okay another question, does alton towers get busy on sundays. I was planning on going up there with some freinds this weekend and I worked out the whole day will cost me 50 quid. If its going to be busy I dont see much point in going.Jake :lol:

I think it could get quite busy this weekend, with the fact they've got the live concert on Sunday, but if u went any other Sunday could be empty. Also got to think its fathers day, so would people go, possibly; possibly not, its a bit of a hard one to work out seems its fathers day and they have the concert.