10 years time?

Knightrider

The amazing new-people that come on these forums and don't know what AIR is :P

There's no need to say anything like that to anyone Will. A lot of people join these forums to learn more things about theme parks in depth, as they might be intrested in them without knowing too much about them. Just because someone might not know what a certain coaster is (or just have forgotten it), doesn't mean people should be able to make comments like that.

If you think that's an insult... it's not, for I've had much worse things said to me on these forums and you know it. I was just joking and was not trying to insult anyone and all was in good humour.The smiley is the hint ( :P )Back on topic......I think we'll find some new additions coming to Thorpe that will be really exciting and not that predictable. We all knew that a new coaster was coming to Thorpe.However, we have no idea what's happening in the future. They might add new themed areas, they will have (certain) new coasters. They might replace existing rides with new rides or even add dark or family rides. The park has an exciting and very interesting future. In 10 years time, the park will be totally different to how it is now.

• 1 month later...

I would like to use this link to show what I am on about:http://ww2.runnymede.gov.uk/home/latest/wk...wk34/0965p1.pdfThe above link shows what Thorpe intended to do with Thorpe's long term future. Until there are new plans submitted I will have to refer to this plan submitted.There is a red line surrounding Thorpe and it shows Thorpe's development zone. Within this zone, there are two red-dotted line sections, one around Stealth and one just above Neptune's Kingdom. This area is titled Potential Development zone.There are two green-line sections, one surrounding Logger's Leap and one surrounding the middle of the park where the arena, Octopus Gardens and XNWO are. These sections are titled Improvement Area/Development Zone.There are some ovals with diagonal green lined-sections, one next to Colossus, which is Saw: The Ride, one small section in the middle of Logger's Leap, one large section next to Vortex and Zodiac, one section above the Dome and to the right of the 2nd red-dotted line section. There are 3 sections above Stealth are the infills and there is one section above the 3 infills, which is also out of development zone boundaries. The last section is right behind Stealth which will be used to link the main island to the infill islands. There is a big red arrow which points to a new entrance point. There are yellow horizontal lines which show service zone including car park and blue horizontal lines including car park. Finally there are two dark-blue sections which are compensation areas for the infills.

sorry if this sounds really stupid but I've seen a 115ft limit mentioned a few times, what does it mean? Because Stealth is 205ft so I'm a bit confused :)And I read somewhere that X:// No Way Out was being replaced by dark family coaster like a wild mouse or something, but I think it might have just been a rumour :/ Sounds unlikely tbh

The point with Stealth, was that according to the plans submitted, Thorpe said that they wouldn't build another 115ft+ rollercoaster until 2016 when the LTDP runs out. The only point for that is for them to build their next 200ft+ coaster.According to the LTDM (Long-term development plans), XNWO would be replaced around 2014-2018

• 5 months later...

If Thorpe Park is still open in 10 years, I think the following rides will be removed or replaced:Chief Ranger's CarouselMr. Monkey's Banana RideRocky ExpressX:\ No Way OutDepth ChargeWet Wet WetOctopus GardenRumba RapidsStorm in a TeacupQuantumZodiacVortexTime VoyagersI also expect the park will be a lot more modern, with technology yet to be invented being used.

If Thorpe Park is still open in 10 years, I think the following rides will be removed or replaced:Chief Ranger's CarouselMr. Monkey's Banana RideRocky ExpressX:\ No Way OutDepth ChargeWet Wet WetOctopus GardenRumba RapidsStorm in a TeacupQuantumZodiacVortexTime VoyagersI also expect the park will be a lot more modern, with technology yet to be invented being used.

I agree with most of your list, although I can't see Vortex leaving within the next 10 years. It's an iconic attraction for Thorpe Park, and was one of the first real "thrill" rides to arrive at the park. Since then it has been, and to this day still is a class attraction.

I agree with most of your list, although I can't see Vortex leaving within the next 10 years. It's an iconic attraction for Thorpe Park, and was one of the first real "thrill" rides to arrive at the park. Since then it has been, and to this day still is a class attraction.

Well I'd disagree with the iconic thing, there are many KMG Afterburners in travelling fairs and other theme parks, and they're all run on much more intense settings than Vortex is. I've also recently heard many people exit Vortex complaining at how lackluster it actually is, so I'd have thought it to be one of the first few main thrill rides Thorpe currently has to leave the park.

Well I'd disagree with the iconic thing, there are many KMG Afterburners in travelling fairs and other theme parks, and they're all run on much more intense settings than Vortex is. I've also recently heard many people exit Vortex complaining at how lackluster it actually is, so I'd have thought it to be one of the first few main thrill rides Thorpe currently has to leave the park.

I know what you mean, and I do too often walk out of Vortex thinking that the ride experience lacked something. Despite this, I still can't see it leaving any time soon.

That can be fixed by Thorpe simply running it at a more intense setting that's actually worth queuing the time it gets, It in my opinion is the most "hit and miss" ride on park. Sometimes you get absolutely fantastic rides, but the majority of the time, you don't. It won't be leaving anytime soon though, it is iconic and it fits in perfectly with Lost City, it also is a great start and end to the day seeing it swing high over the lake. :)

This is probably a rumor but I heard that X No Way Out may be moving to inside the Black Hole tent at Alton...? I wonder if this means anything?

And I read somewhere that X:// No Way Out was being replaced by dark family coaster like a wild mouse or something, but I think it might have just been a rumour :/ Sounds unlikely tbh

An inside, wild mouse in the dark. Sounds incredibly similar to Disney's Space Mountain coaster in Florida. Which means it isn't impossible to build, just very unlikely.

• 1 month later...

Here's an interesting question, what does everyone think Thorpe Park will be like in 10 years time, barering in mind how far Thorpe has come in the last 5 years since the opening of Colossus, do you think we'll have many more coasters and thrill rides to look forward to in the next decade?? And do you think Thorpe Park will be much larger in area than it is now with newly themed areas & gardens? :P

This is what I think and hope: 2010: SAW: ALIVE opens All season lake show construction Onride cameras on Detonator and Rush Continue with landfill New restraints for X:/ WTF (height restriction of 1.1) Start adding path to treasure island 2011: Hotel opens Lake show opens Construction of treasure island coaster More foliage around SAW: The Ride (nearly missing trees like vampire) 2012: Treasure island coaster and area opens Treasure island golf course opens Family round ride in Treasure island New Colossus trains 2013: 2 more flat rides in Treasure island (big swinging ship and a major flat ride) All popular rides get re-painted Water jets added to Nemesis Inferno 2014: No idea lol :P 2015: Again dunno :P 2016: Aqua trax replaces X:/ WTF Have no idea what to do with TP after that =D

An Aquatrax seems unlikely, Thorpe already have plenty of water rides, but I agree that X could be leaving sometime soon. If it were to be replaced, then I'll like to see either an X mark 2, with inversions and an acceleration or a dark ride that fits in with the Lost city. As I've mentioned before (can't remember if I did on this forum) then I would like to see one of those Indiana Jones type of ride .

;D2010 - SAW Alive Horror Maze2011 - Colossus Repainted, Preparations for new island behind flying fish/stealth. - Hippo Fungle Safari is demolished.2012 - Grand opening of the parks new ride: Spellbound - Maurer Sohne 80ft sc 3000, wich is part of the new island called Mystic Valley - Detonator demolished during closed season 2012-20132013 - Tropical Disaster: A compact Fabbri Interactive towboat ride added in place of detonator themed with animatronic creatures that have infested calypso quay. - Time Voyagers changes to Lava House 4-D where your boat sinks by an island and you have to brave the creatures of the volcanic island.2014 - Power House - Fabbri Giant Drop 60M is opened in place of Fungle Safari, as part of canada creek. Theme: Canada creek descover a new way of generating . electricity. - X no way out is demolished along with its pyramid at end of season. - For Fright Nights hellgate is replaced with a scarier maze named - No Mercy. (to be put in tent after x is gone)Don't have time to do any more! :P

2010 - Raise entrance prices to £37. Car park charge of £2.2011 - Raise entrance prices to £39. Rises to £40 at FN. 2012 - Raise entrance prices to £42 after June. Car park charge rises to £3.50.2013 - Raise entrance prices to £45. Car park charge rises to £5. Hotel opens.2014 - Raise entrance prices to £47. Car park charge creeps to £6 eventually.2015 - Raise entrance prices to £49. Goes to £50 at FN. Car park charge rises to £7.2016 - The park FINALLY refurbishes the entrance and the car park to make it rise from 'Critically bad' to 'Adequate'. Keeps prices the same... oh my!2017 - Raise entrance price to £51. 2018 - Raise entrance price to £55. Car park charge of £9.2019 (10 YEARS TIME)The entrance price is £60 to get (£55 for 'young thrillseekers', who are classed as under 1 metre). Car park charge reaches £10. Hotel prices are £259.99pp based on 2 days and 1 night at the park. That is for a single bed room. A family of four wishing to stay for a long weekend (arriving Friday evening, leaving Sunday evening) will be charged £469.99pp (irrespective of age). For a family of for any of period of time, it will cost £429.99pppn. A family of 5 (which will take up 4 rooms) will cost £509.99pppn. I'd say that's rather realistic. :P

10 years time will be different. It'll have changed depending on the yearly gate figures, the new innovative rides coming out, government legislation.. and other crap like that.The thing I dislike with these whole 10yrs time things is stating when you want a ride to go.. I know its fantasy but its just weird. Cos I totally know when I want thorpe park to close!

2019 (10 YEARS TIME)The entrance price is £60 to get (£55 for 'young thrillseekers', who are classed as under 1 metre). Car park charge reaches £10. Hotel prices are £259.99pp based on 2 days and 1 night at the park. That is for a single bed room. A family of four wishing to stay for a long weekend (arriving Friday evening, leaving Sunday evening) will be charged £469.99pp (irrespective of age). For a family of for any of period of time, it will cost £429.99pppn. A family of 5 (which will take up 4 rooms) will cost £509.99pppn. I'd say that's rather realistic. :P

That woudn't be very good :/ hehe

• 5 weeks later...

This is what think thorpe park could be like in ten years time.A new area added to thorpe park behind stealth and fish.A new roller coaster.A ride or attraction of some form on the lake inbetween the new area behind stealth and fish.Several new flat rides as que eaters etc.Rumba rapids to be rethemed and hopefully extended, altered.Miss hippo's fungle safari replaced by a young thrill seekers/ thrill seekers ride.X no way out to have been replaced by a new indoor dark ride, possibly a better roller coaster or another kind of dark indoor attraction.Ranger county rethemed into a new area or added to calypso quay?Hotel opens.I would like to see the area's more visibly created so that you can distinguish the different areas and there themes more clearly and alot more theming added to the park to create an atmosphere and give it the magic other parks have so that it can become more popular and established as a theme park.

I don't like how people blindly say 'several new flats'. I know Thorpe have added loads of flats in the last ten years but it doesn't mean they should continue like that, and with the small space they have they'd be wanting to fill most of the possible space with 'frontline' rides like rollercoasters, as most parks would. And they've added so many of the possible flats they could have that there aren't many left to add. And no one take this post as an 'attack' on ste193, it really isn't, I'm just saying my opinion. I don't even see why I have to add this, but no one on here seems to take any clash of opinions as simply a clash of opinions, it's always a 'personal attack' and then they throw a tantrum. Ok I'm finished now.

When I meant several I meant two possibly three tops as que eaters, I know what you mean there are so many flats at thorpe park I would like to see it get some different type of attractions but I doubt it will thought I could be wrong since they are addding this permanent maze, maybe they will try adding other types of attractions apart from flat rides and roller coasters etc that they have a lot of.I really do hope that the park try and put more emphasis on the themed areas they have, if they do they could make the park incredibly great.

• 5 weeks later...