10 years time?

Knightrider

To help with the throughput. In my eyes, if Thorpe do indeed go ahead with installing another Detonator, they should make it exactly the same as the original. If the new one was taller, it would take away the force, and a lauched tower is just of boring waste of time and money.

To help with the throughput. In my eyes, if Thorpe do indeed go ahead with installing another Detonator, they should make it exactly the same as the original. If the new one was taller, it would take away the force, and a lauched tower is just of boring waste of time and money.

But shouldnt they put it next to the orginal Detonator? like add an extra tower same heigt and everything but make it stand up.

Something to note... the farm's buildings are lsited buildings, therefore any rides would have to orientate around them. Honestly, the best thing that could go there is a Sealife in my opinion, but I just can't see that happening...

Agreed, Sealife would never go at Thorpe next place will be Legoland Windsor.

If I were Thorpe and in the initial ideas phase for their next coaster (which I'm sure they are) I'd be looking at the current coasters and asking, 'which one is the most reliable'. Nemesis Inferno someone would say. And who are they made by? B&M :) This leads me to believe that their next coaster will be a B&M (if they have any sense that is) which again gives us hope of a flyer or a dive-machine. :P I can't honestly see a mega/hyper coaster being built at Thorpe, I just don't think there is the room! Like Millennium force at Cedar Point could easily take up the whole main island at Thorpe. Of course there is infilling but still I can't see a ride of that magnitude being built. Thorpe Farm is now a storage area? Sad really, I'm sure relatively it didn't cost that much to keep the farm operating.

As to the farm costs, just think about it.All the food, drink, bedding, etc. all the animals need will cost. Hiring staff to look after them all year round, clean them up, interact with guests, etc. costs a lot. Running costs to the farm is a lot of money after a while, which is where lack of guests comes into play, then with future plans I guess (the farm would have effectively been closed thorughout last year, no train no boat). The cost of the farm was a lot...

Thorpe (with any hope) will never build a Wild Mouse or a Spinning coaster, becuase the throughput is absolutely terrible, Thorpe need coaster with 1000pph+ if they're going to be successful. As for the Wooden Coaster, I believe it's missed it's cue. The only place I could think of that it would suit in Thorpe is the Canada Creek infill, which is now occupied by SAW.And because of SAW, I doubt Thorpe would build another vertical lift/drop coaster, it would be almost impossible to market as something original for Thorpe.

Wooden would because it could provide a different type of thrills - all their other coasters are steel. Having a coaster that is wooden, makes it more unique compared to Thorpe's other coasters. I think however, Thorpe should get one after Alton because the Woodie was kind-a their thing. Like 5 years after Alton gets theirs. They can look at how that woodie performed and make improvments. Basically, let Alton make the mistakes and Thorpe can learn from the mistakes (if any). Flyer would be a good addition to Thorpe's coasters and it could have some unique elements (if possible). E.g. Alton made some mistakes with AIR, even though it was a proto. When Thorpe gets their Flyer (whenever it may be), they hopefully won't make the same mistakes. The Flyer could compliment NI, in terms of Inverted Coasters.Floorless would be a good addition and it would have some contrasts to Colossus. They could compliment each other. Colossus being rough and full-on with hardly any leg room with its 10-inversion layout. A Floorless of 4-5 Inversions of smoothness with nice leg room - feels so free. X-Car Coaster (HRRR) or Skyloop would be nice and unique. There is only one X-Car Extended Skyloop a.k.a Abismo. The Skyloop has a different vertical lift - you go up and upside down and then down but through a zero-g roll. They could also have an indoor section before you enter the lift hill.

For the next coaster you could, if you're conserative, rule out a Dive (water table), Hyper/Giga/etc. (height), wooden (location), El Loco (already got a steep drop coaster), Wingwalker (Speed coaster already there) and rides with low capacities...What's left? Obviously: Flyer, Floorless, Water, Bobsled, Mine Train, etc. Then, there's less obvious: Eagle coaster, whatever AT's new coaster is (as it's a world's first in coaster design), X-Car / 4D, tilt coaster, Dueling coaster, etc.Honestly, I'd want something different, something the world doesn't have much of and a different manufacurer to most of TP's ride (they've only used the same manufacturer once - Colossus and Stealth). Therefore, manufacturer-wise, S&S, Mack (FF doesn't really count for me), Premier or something very different.... Therefore, coaster types I'd like for the next coaster... Eagle, AT style coaster, tilt or Water. :P

Well, the land infills would have to be left for about 2-3 years before they can have a Wooden Coaster built on them. Also, there is a very valid point in that the supports would be deemed far too dense for Thorpe, as you cannot see clearly through them, unlike B&M's and Intamin's slender supports, which are far less annoying to the bird-watchers and local council who are obsessed with ruining thrills at Thorpe. :(The dense supports restriction also rules out manufacturers like Premier Rides, because they're supports are all boxish... :P

That's what I'm saying..it would be nice to have a spinner but as a support coaster to compliment a busy main coaster. A Woodie could work actually despite location.Is Woodie possible? (Expert advice needed)

And as I have said before SPINNERS DON'T WORKSPinball is next to Oblivion, SPinball always has the longer queueTarantula is next to Abismo, Tarantula always has the longest queueWinjas is next to the whole of Phantasialand, Winjas always have the longest queue.IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW MANY RIDES YOU PUT NEXT TO SPINNERS, THEY ALWAYS HAVE THE LONGEST QUEUES BECAUSE OF THEIR LOW THROUGHPUT PER HOUR.

And as I have said before SPINNERS DON'T WORKSPinball is next to Oblivion, SPinball always has the longer queueTarantula is next to Abismo, Tarantula always has the longest queueWinjas is next to the whole of Phantasialand, Winjas always have the longest queue.IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW MANY RIDES YOU PUT NEXT TO SPINNERS, THEY ALWAYS HAVE THE LONGEST QUEUES BECAUSE OF THEIR LOW THROUGHPUT PER HOUR.

What if we put it next to SAW? :P :P