What Rides Have You Had To Yourself?

little ken

Question

• Answers 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Sorry If I am being stupid but I don't get how it needs to be 'weighted' to be pulled down? :blink:

15 people make it heavy enough to pull down (with a big rope or crane or something, can't remember) if there's a power cut etc. So presumably without that much weight, it won't come down! Sounds silly but that's how it works!This was the case when I worked there in 2007 and 2008 anyway, but I doubt they would change it. So I'm confused :( But they would never run it with only 1 person...unless the staff are that bad!

Sorry If I am being stupid but I don't get how it needs to be 'weighted' to be pulled down? :blink:

Basically its around the 15 people mark where the cross (All the pods) will have more weight than the counter-weight at the top, so if power was lost gravity would take over and the ride would stop in a right up position where it could lower, less than 15 it would stop in the windmill position.

I'm not going to argue with anyone. But I promise you I rode Samurai by myself.Look at this video too:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtJDDiph7YA

Very different h&s rules at different places.

I'm pretty sure they would've followed them. It's not like samurai is hidden, any manager walking past would've been like OMFG!I've been on rocky express by myself at thorpe, countless rides at chessie by myself. None at towers, because almost all of them require a minimum of 2 people incase of breakdowns!

Is everyone on this forum constantly looking for a fight or what?It's very possible that Ken rode Samurai by himself. Health and safety rules aren't always followed in the real world! And everyone jumped on him for claming that he rode Slammer alone too.Calm down people!

Samurai is the one ride at Thorpe where they would abide by the 15 people rule no matter what.

Well, this wasn't the case when I was there. It doesn't matter about all these silly rules that you probably make up anyway, they weren't following them when I visited.

That is an insult to all those on here who work / have worked on rides.Thorpe are one of the most H&S-wise parks going, they would not dare do such a thing.

Well, this wasn't the case when I was there. It doesn't matter about all these silly rules that you probably make up anyway, they weren't following them when I visited.

I make up?

I've been many parks where health and safety rules have been flouted, and have been on a few rides where even restraints have gone unchecked. I won't say when or where, but H&S rules are not always followed, it's as simple as that.

That's rather intrigued me..

I think everyone knows about these rules now, enough people have been banging on about them. But it still doesn't prove that the rules were never broken!This argument could carry on for ever, Ken was the only one there at the time and it is just his word against everyone elses! There is nothing to say that the rules were not broken that day, there is every chance that he did ride Samurai alone!

It's not exactly H&S, its practicality as well. Plus, why when the staff have an option of sending a ride every 15mins with 15 people on, than just send it instantly with one? :unsure:.H&S is very much parkwise anyway, each park has different procedures which those themselves WILL stick to.