What Rides Have You Had To Yourself?

little ken

Question

• Answers 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You had slammer all to yourself? But I thought they had to balance it before they could run it :S

Have always wondered about this too. Though I think that one person wouldn't make a difference too a god knows how many tonne ride. Also, realistically the ride would never be balanced in operation, it can operate without all the seats filled and everyone weighs a different amount, so thinking it's a made up excuse... :blink: Have had Detonator, Rumba and Colossus all to myself before, fun fun.

When I say all to yourself, I mean literally the only person on the ride.So far I've had:SlammerTidal WaveSAW - The RideSamuraiYou have to visit on a quiet day for this!

Hmmm, apart from Tidal Wave I am finding it difficult to believe the rest for the following reason.Saw: The ride has always been busy even on quiet days - Were yiu the last person in the queue and had to go in a seperate car?Slammer - As others have mentioned it needs to be balancedSamurai - I am sure they don't operate with any less than 15 people (unless testing in which case it is 0 people)Only ride I have been on alone was X:\\ No way out in April this year.

I have had (not just Thorpe): For sure:Saw multiple times.Inferno multiple times.Loggers...Rumba...Charge...Rage loads.Det loads.X I had with me on one train and a friend on another so we could shout to each other for laughs, back in 2007. But now I'm not so sure if it was me at the back and him at the front of one. ....a go gator coaster :blink:Close to:Rush. Oblivion, just me and my mother, 6 times in a row to ourselves. Kobra at a pre-season media event.Dragster as the second car of the day, 4 people. Stealth, again just me and mother as it restarted. Jumped up SRQ straight on the front. They wanted to start getting it "working up" (4, 8, 12, 16 people...) and we were quick to our seats.

Saw the ride, in the last hour on the last friday thorpe was open last year. The longest queue all day was 15 minutes. Saw was running almost empty with average around 1-2 people per train. Stupidly one of the ride opperaters said I could't just stay on becuase people may be walking through the queue, even though there was loads of space in the trains, many running empty!

Hmmm, apart from Tidal Wave I am finding it difficult to believe the rest for the following reason.Saw: The ride has always been busy even on quiet days - Were yiu the last person in the queue and had to go in a seperate car?Slammer - As others have mentioned it needs to be balancedSamurai - I am sure they don't operate with any less than 15 people (unless testing in which case it is 0 people)Only ride I have been on alone was X:\\ No way out in April this year.

SAW - The Ride: Everybody was queueing for the back car for some reason and the attendant asked me to go to the front car and there was nobody queueing for it.Slammer: The ride had just been closed and nobody realised it had opened. The queue was packed after the ride ended!Samurai: It was in April during Cirque du Freak. It was really quiet.

Slammer - As others have mentioned it needs to be balanced

Slammer has to be balanced within 2 or 3 people I think it is, so its entirely possible to be the one one on it.

Samurai - I am sure they don't operate with any less than 15 people (unless testing in which case it is 0 people)

Correct, Samruai will never run with people on it if there are less than 15.

Why is that? :blink:

I think its something to do with in case it breaks down, if there is less than 15 people and it cuts out it ends up with the seats directly up in the air (pointing north) whereas with more than 15 it will stop to the left (I think) meaning it is not as uncomfortable for people as being stuck directly up in the air.

Well, that's obviously not the case, or not anymore anyway. I did these rides during Cirque du Freak, when the queues for SAW - The Ride and Colossus were 5 minutes. I don't know why it was so quiet.

Sorry but no, what Marc said has applied throughout this whole year and years before.

Why is that? :blink:

Incase of a power cut etc, should the ride get stuck "at the top" so to speak, it needs to be weighted enough to be pulled back down. No joke :(And yes Marc is correct, Slammer has to have a difference of 2 people on each side, so if there are only 3 people, they would have to put 1 on 1 side, 2 on the other etc.

Incase of a power cut etc, should he ride get stuck "at the top" so to speak, it needs to be weighted enough to be pulled back down. No joke :blink:And yes Marc is correct, Slammer has to have a difference of 2 people on each side, so if there are only 3 people, they would have to put 1 on 1 side, 2 on the other etc.

Sorry If I am being stupid but I don't get how it needs to be 'weighted' to be pulled down? :blink: