Your Thorpe Park

Guest thorpe101

For the sake of it, I'm highlighting in bold anything that was wrong in your post there (this is intended as a joke that has probably gone too far... :))

Okay, if you're Pernickety about it:"I do agree there is some mistakes there"Should be:"I do agree, there are some mistakes there"Sorry...

Anyway, quick over view of my ideas:2010: Colossus repaint, no new rides. Entrance re-done.2011: New woodie on Treasure Island. New flat on Fungle spot.2012: New woodie, 2 new flats plus a FN maze.2013: Arena taken out for a new flat or two.

2009- SAW - The Ride2010- General Park Cleanup. Renew Medusa effect on Colossus, smoke effects on Stealth, all effects on tidal wave and the volcano effects on Inferno. Complete Inferno's volcano to cover up the tin can bit. Also repaint Colossus and give it new cars with tighter wheels. Repave Entire Park. Retheme Samurai similarly to SAW and put it on the maximum setting.2011- Rumba Rapids given a volcanic theme with lots of mist, fog and lighting effects. Includes a dark section inside a volcano. Top spin (or any other type of flat ride) put in place of MHFS. Demolish the X dome and octopus gardens to make way for a new coaster in 2012. Move hellgate to a tent on neptunes beach, on the opposite side to The Curse for it's final year of service.2012- New LIM launch coaster in the area where octopus gardens and X used to be. Features a 60mph launch and several inversions. Ride will mainly take place in a building, but will occaisionally pop out into the open air. Will be themed to a futuristic / robotic / apocolyptic theme. Building will accomodate room for a new fright night maze keeping to the same theme. Maze will be of similar standard to The Asylum.2013- Again, Park cleanup and the renewal of any effects that have run down.2014- Start Infilling land near to Zodiac for a new ride in 2016.2015- Land filling continues. Detonator taken down and 2 towers are put in its place. Riders will be tilted forwards slightly before the drop.2016- New flying coaster on its own island. This island will include a flat ride. Island will be very well landscaped. Ride will include near misses with the land, will go through tunnels and go over the lake and small rivers that will have been created on the island. Will include a splashdown effect whilst riders are on their backs.2017- Thorpe park announce that the contract for SAW will be renewed for another 5 years, as long as more theming is added in 2018 to make it a better experiance.And thats all I can think of for now, may edit later if I think of anything more!

Oh dear, rushing posts is not a good idea... What I meant was...2010: Colossus repaint, no new rides. Entrance re-done.2011: New woodie on Treasure Island annouced. New flat on Fungle spot.2012: New woodie, 2 new flats plus a FN maze.2013: Arena taken out for a new flat or two if Fungle area has not had a flat added.Sorry about that...

Well I've been on Hurakan Condor, and errm..it's really not that great. The drop is nowhere near as forceful as Detonator's, and after about 2 seconds I'm already bored of the drop. Higher drops doesn't mean a better ride. And Stealth was only allowed because of its track colour.

"There is a 395ft drop tower in Australia... having that in Thorpe would be AMAZING - but the damn height limit is damn annoying. Hopefully an exception could be made for the second time. "An exception can't be made again - since when the restriction is lifted in 2016, another 200ft-ish coaster will be built. You can forget a 395 drop tower.

Well I've been on Hurakan Condor, and errm..it's really not that great. The drop is nowhere near as forceful as Detonator's, and after about 2 seconds I'm already bored of the drop. Higher drops doesn't mean a better ride. And Stealth was only allowed because of its track colour.

It's not necessarily the height that doesn't make Hurakan Condor as good, you have to keep in mind that they are two completely different types of drop towers.

What I meant, was that Thorpe can't build another 200ft-ish (115ft+) coaster till 2016. They said they won't build another coaster that height till the LTDP runs out.

No, they won't get another 200ft-ish coaster unless the height restriction is lifted. And I don't see that happening personally.And can you please stop saying 'they said'. When did they say this? Who said this? Where did they say this? You can't just keep saying 'they said' unless you have a valid source and backup to confirm what you're saying, otherwise it's hard to believe you. Many things are said on forums which aren't correct and all the time people's excuse is 'they said it'. And not everyone is going to know who Darren Shears is. I don't really know who is either, so how are you expecting people to believe you by just saying 'Darren Shears said it'?

Well I'm not one of those people who make things up: :)Thorpe said they don't plan to build another 200ft-ish coaster until 2016 which is when the LTDP runs out. This was said in 2006.The Darren Shears part, was that he talked to Thorpe Park management and that's what they told him.