Your Thorpe Park

Guest thorpe101

I don't mind repeating myself when I say Thorpe should build a Flying Coaster OVER Manor Lake, next to Vortex, with a wide bridge that leads away from the Lost City to a small peninsula/island with the station and a few benches etc., and as soon as you board the coaster, you come out of the station to being over the water for a pre-lift section. Then the lift hill and the main ride are also completely over the water, with the supports built on the lake-bed. And possibly with some parts like Manta where you 'fly' very close to the water level.I realise this would probably make it Thorpe's most expensive coaster to date, but it would be a 'world's first' coaster, and with a good theme it could easily be marketed very well.And this way, the water-borne coaster with slender B&M track and supports keeps the lake intact and offers a major thrill without cramping the rides to close together on the mainland. Building the Fyler over water also cuts out the water relocation and land infill costs.

I don't mind repeating myself when I say Thorpe should build a Flying Coaster OVER Manor Lake, next to Vortex, with a wide bridge that leads away from the Lost City to a small peninsula/island with the station and a few benches etc., and as soon as you board the coaster, you come out of the station to being over the water for a pre-lift section. Then the lift hill and the main ride are also completely over the water, with the supports built on the lake-bed. And possibly with some parts like Manta where you 'fly' very close to the water level.I realise this would probably make it Thorpe's most expensive coaster to date, but it would be a 'world's first' coaster, and with a good theme it could easily be marketed very well.And this way, the water-borne coaster with slender B&M track and supports keeps the lake intact and offers a major thrill without cramping the rides to close together on the mainland. Building the Fyler over water also cuts out the water relocation and land infill costs.

That is a gd idea but I can't see that happening as it would be hard to get people of the ride if got stuck you know health and sfetay reasons and like you said it would be very expensive.Good idea though

That is a gd idea but I can't see that happening as it would be hard to get people of the ride if got stuck you know health and sfetay reasons and like you said it would be very expensive.Good idea though

I think Thorpe Park should take out Depth Charge and replace it with some sort of water coaster. Similar to Journey to Atlantis. Hence why I put it in the area of Neptunes Kingdom, "Atlantis". I just think Depth Charge should be next to go. It is a short ride, it is not particularly thrilling, and the queue is always very long.

There are rides that are past their sell-by date :) to say:XNWO: A new ride in it's place would be nice or have the entire building demolished would be nice.Depth Charge: The ride is not working anymore and it doesn't really help Neptune's Kingdom very well. The area NK would be turned into a themed area with expansion etc.Time Voyagers: It would be good if the Fish and Chips was relocated somewhere else and a new and better ride was installed in the place now occupied by Time Voyagers. The ride I've been on is good but something more related would work.Flying Fish: The ride is so carnival-esque and unthemed. It would be much better if it had the same greenery, lush flowers and water fountains that made it soo good in 1990: http://www.rcdb.com/ig847.htm You can't see the other track and what's coming up because the trees and greenery covers the rest of the track up and therefore makes the ride look nice.

I have to disagre with that I found Depth charge to be more popular than it thought, I wen ton it once when we got to the park and fate rthat it had a rather long que, and alos if they get rid of it it would not be smart move as it removes another family style ride and a water ride to cool of on to.It's not thrilling but thats not intended to be the point of it, besides it may be for children, I had a go and I foudn it quite fun and enternaing as a relalxing ride it is very good :)

X no way out and flying fish deifnetel need updating and retheming, I wouldn't know about time voyagers but I don't want to see Depth charge go, it makes a good relaxing and colling of ride for a summers day and it's ojn of the few family orientated rides they have left, it may be a thrill seekers park but what about there families theyneed to consider that to, when they start to do that more fmailies will choose Thorpe over alton, I am lucky because I ahve no younger siblings so I don't have that problem.

I dont understand what you are saying and your words don't sense. There are some "stuff" that aren't even words.Do you know what punctuation and full stops are? It would be very nice if you didn't double post.I feel like throttling you!

Thats because when I type I type fast and it doesnt not come out very well and I'm not a good typerShut the hell up there are alot of people who type mistkaes I can't help it if I'm not a good typer and as for yuor double post I already had someone have a go at me for that and when I asked they wouldn't answer wtf?Well then you obviously a violent **** heep :)

Or you culd have one like the park in america when you soak the people in the que line and they can soak you back-if that was over the water with the que lines being bridges that would make a good ride for amity cove or neptunes kingdom but at the edge where it is lake

2012)The new ride Confinement opens in the new season, you eneter through big black iron gates with gravestones around a few up turned and blood in places good theming, then you enter through a big archway where you make a right turn and imedeatly infront of you you find a dead body chained up aginst the wall and sinsister laughing sounds, then you make a left turn and carry on down a long corridor with fake torches and some satues and painting, an electronic devil statue reaches out at passers by and more sinisters laughing sounds can be heard, as you fianlly make a right turn you enter the station where on the opposite side of the station is a large size cross with a priest chained upon it, you get into the carrages themed as grails and you enter another room through drapping red curtains, where you see a cloaked figure beheading a preist and a boy crying in the corner who as you get closer quickly reveals a scary deformed face, you then pass through another drapping red curtian and this time you are in a room where the priest pray you can see the cloaked figure making a preist pray for his life then he beats him with a gold cross, the man then runs at you and you go through another drapping red curtian you find yourself in a room with lots of mumificated bodies with muffled speach dounds and wriggling movements you go through drapping red curtain and you are able to see outside as you are at the top of a tower with bars keeping you in, then as you finish

Do you spend your free time planning out new rides like this and exactly where the public will go? Because it sounds like you've got it all thought out about what happens where, what happens when etc. :P

the turn you go through another pair of drapping red curtians and straight away into a 50 foot drop where you just miss a few wodden beams and some spikes hanging from the ceiling, the man yells out at you for thinking you have escaped and then you find yourself hanging over the edge of a 20 foot drop with man standing at the bottom holding a axe you hang for ten seconds then continue, he swings as you drop but slips and falls into the holly water at the bottom you then go through a red drapping curtian and find a man standing with an axe all deformed laughing and screaming as he swings the axe again but this time a knife comes through from behind him and a preist covered in blood can be seen. The figures are all electronic a good ride with excellent theming, fits the thrilling chill theme well.

Ummm.... Sounds like pretty complicated animatronics there. And where would this 70ft drop come from? Or do you go underground? And if so, how do you get back up without a lift?

2016)Rumble River Rapids

Rumba... :D

you can see small volacnoe is popping out out of the ground and as you head right next to it a massive jet sends out even more water soaking you again and then you come to the lift hill.

And then what?Try putting paragraphs in every now and then so your posts don't look so bulky and aren't so hard to read. :)

It would be really good if Thorpe Park had some kind of a speedway. Not like the cars at chessington, something along the lines of Tomorrowland Speedway at WDW. I don't know where it would go, but I think it would be a lovely addition. I guess if anywhere I'd put it in Amity cove, speeding along to the WWTP music would be awsome.

Do you spend your free time planning out new rides like this and exactly where the public will go? Because it sounds like you've got it all thought out about what happens where, what happens when etc. :PNo I'm just bored and saddo lol, I have a gd imagination most of the time dream these things up :SUmmm.... Sounds like pretty complicated animatronics there. And where would this 70ft drop come from? Or do you go underground? And if so, how do you get back up without a lift? I'm not sure really I sort of saw it as the ctructure being just over fifty foot the drop being fifty foto then you go up agina which shouldn't be to hard, I doubt you would need a chain lift?Rumba... :PI would change the name to that because it's kinda volcaonish and fits my new theme.And then what?It's bassically the end of the ride because your going up the lift hill so you get back into the station and get of the ride,thinking about it I would have the station themed as a recovery zone and your being lifted out of the water by service like firebrigade and the station could be themed around a firebrigade truck?Try putting paragraphs in every now and then so your posts don't look so bulky and aren't so hard to read. ;)Ok thanks I get alot of people being rude to me about my lack of grammar and my rubbish typing, it's nice to have someone give me advice not tell me they want to throttle me over stupid spelling mistakes. ;)

I like the sound of the slammer type ride but wouldn't they be to close togther and to alike?I love the hotel idea that sounds cool, but wouldn't it defy the point of putting in a family floor if they removed octopus gardens?No offence but I am sick to detah of pirate ries in the UK enough is enough!, to many pirate themed areas and rides are here in the Uk do we really have the little imagination and initiative?I wouldn't like to see depth charge go but I love the idea of an underwater world and a sea life would be a gd edition to thorpe considering there main theme is water (and there sorounded by it)I would love to see a taller themed detonator I think the theme know tbh is a bit pants theres not really much there and it doesn't really fit in right now.Just wondering but what is a bobsleigh coaster, everbody tlaks about them but I never know what they mean?Whats a breakdance to lol soz.I would love to see tidal wave with a bit more story to it and lasting longer and made taller.Subway in thorpe sounds gd to me, I love subway ;)I think your trains idea was gd because I for one love to go to thorp but travelling is quite an issue for me and however many poeple I am limited to take, becasue of car size.A hotle retheme would take wuite a whiel and cost alot of money would ti be worth while, also it would seem starnge a hotel in thrope park based on chessington?Takes up 2 islands!Thats true but I'm sure they'll take on board the concept of horror and thrillign more after this, Lionsgate shouldhave shwon them very good ideas and hopefully they will take those on board and could incorporate them into an excellent horro themed dark ride.I don't mind giving them mine lol

It would be really good if Thorpe Park had some kind of a speedway. Not like the cars at chessington, something along the lines of Tomorrowland Speedway at WDW. I don't know where it would go, but I think it would be a lovely addition. I guess if anywhere I'd put it in Amity cove, speeding along to the WWTP music would be awsome.

What do you think Amity Speedway is?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure.:PWhat ever it is it's never open, and I always thought it was just a part of the theming

Stealth is almost always open. The area where it is, is Amity Speedway, have a look at the borders of the support thingys next time your there. Infact, let me post a picture for you <_<Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...