Walt Disney World Resort

Benin

• 4 weeks later...

This year's D23 Expo is now in full swing in Anaheim, and all the juicy gossip is starting to filter through! Not all the presentations are complete yet but some have been given which have touched on projects such as Shanghai Disneyland, Cars Land and the DCA rehab, and of course, New Fantasyland!The latest large-scale Imagineering model of New Fantasyland is on display, which the Disney Parks Blog released a short video of:

So what are you thinking? Let me guess... "Hey, that was cool. Too short to see anything though..." Enter Inside The Magic!

Also, we've got the first official glimpse of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride system. Here's a CG partial ride-through:

Finally for now, a look at the Design and Development phase of creating the new trains:

Hopefully more to come!

• 1 month later...
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/09/avatar-coming-to-disney-parks/http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/09/answering-your-questions-about-avatar-at-disney-parks/Hmmm, not an Avatar fan myself, thought it was dumb pretentious crap (Unobtainium? F**k off). Will be interesting to see where they go with it though (or if they run out of money and change heir minds).EDIT - just seen this is already in 'news', so I've gone there. This won't delete though for some reason, if any clever mod can do the honours? Ta.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just found out I will be spending the day here on my Theme Park endeavours during the weeks of February. We arrive at opening time and leave after the Wishes fireworks display is finished so I will have a pretty long day ahead of me. It's worth it for Frontier Land though ;)I've been told by the trip organizer (My Head of Year) we are issued 'Dinner Passes' that allow us to eat anywhere in the park? I'd imagine that is in reason of course and we can't all spend hundreds of dollars in Chef Mickey, but if anybody knows anything about them some information would be greatly appreciated :wub:

• 1 month later...

So anyone at Disney for this years leap day? The park plans to open for 24 hours. So much Disney.

In honor of the leap year, the Magic Kingdom will open on Wednesday 29 February 2012 at 6am, and close Thursday March 1 at 6am. The park will then re-open again at 9am for normal on Thursday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TOWER OF TERROR is the greatest ride that has ever been created. It's spooky, it's sexy, it's exciting.The theming is top notch. I love the story and all the detail that they put into the building.The ride itself is incredible, even before the drop.The drop also kicks rear.One of the best rides ever. That is an actual fact imo.

• 9 months later...

I might do more detailed stuff later but I've been on the new Test Track. I really liked the idea of it, mainly because I am a sucker for Tron and customisation. The problem is that the two ideas battle each other for front runner and just destroy the story. The new visuals mean completely removing some tests with minimal replacement and the customisation while cool in the pre and post ride areas do very little for the ride itself. The old Test Track didn't feel very Disney to me but it made the story clear and the narration throughout the experience explained what was happening.

Overall a cool idea which is poorly presented. It doesn't feel complete experience which is a shame.

• 3 weeks later...