Chessington Trip Reports

Could you post some estimate queue times from today please?

This is only from what I saw so please do not say 'oh it was this' as this is just my estimate.Vampire - 50 minsDragon's Fury - 40 minsDragon Falls - 25 minsBubbleworks - 30 minsSafari Skyway - 10 minsRattlesnake - 10 minsRunaway Train - 15 minsTomb Blaster - 30 mins

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Chessington & Zoo yesterday (6th July) with Jess and Steve. (Jezzerz and tpbabz on TPM).The first ride we headed over to was Vampire! Vampire was vertually a walk on front row. (Was the 2nd train of the day).The park was quite busy. However, we advoided the school groups hitting the same sort of areas at once so we did not have to queue much really. :DVampire - 30 minsDragon's Fury - 40 minsSeastorm - 0 minsHocus Pocus Hall - 0 minsBlack Buccaneer - 0 minsRodger the Dodgers Dodgems (Was busy but then went later on and was a walk on!)Rameses Revenge - 20 minsTomb Blaster - 5 mins (Mainly Walk on).Bubbleworks - 20 mins (Then went to just queueing in the station).Safari Skyway - 0 minsRattlesnake - 15 minsVertually all the rides we went on at least three times! :PAlso, for me was my first ride ever on Rameses Revenge thanks to Steve forcing me on it! :DOmg! - That is all I can say in responce to Rameses Revenge.I hate it but I love it also now. (If that makes sense to some of you!)We ended up on the last train of Vampire of the day! :DA GREAT DAY! :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

I've just spent about 45 minutes typing up a trip report and I just pressed backspace and it's all gone...Give me a bit and I'll do it again...Stupid meEdit: here we go , sadly this one won't be as detailed as the one I had just done. Gah I spent so long on that! Anyway, just got back from the best trip to a theme park I've had in years! Also it was the most relaxing one aswell.It was 9.30 and Beanoland was all that was open so Started off with 2 rides on the dodgems which was great fun,Now it was about 5 to 10 and they opened up.Got 2 rides on Dragons Fury in quick succession, but was left wanting more and was disappointed.Then headed off and went on Dragon Falls, again twice in a row. This is now my favourite flume in the UK. The theming is phenomenal and the whole area around it fits in. Also the waters clean and I noticed loads of little effects working.Now on to Tomb Blaster, which is another ride with brilliant theming, I personally think this is much better than Duel , but I do prefer Duel's Pacing.Next, the highlight of the day!. Rattlesnake, I personally believe this is the best themed ride in the UK. I actually felt like I was where I was supposed to be, and there were so many stunning effects, it was like being at Disney. The sleeping amigos, with there animatronic heads. The exploding shack, the slithering snake.Every detail was cared for. And then theres the ride, I've been on wild mouses before but this was amazing. The first couple of times , when it was first thing in the morning I don't think it braked the whole circuit. It was immense.So after 3/4 queless goes on that we moved on and headed for Vampire, expecting by now the ques to have built up and were thinking we'd be lucky to get a go today. We were already planning when we were going to go to Thorpe, Ha, how wrong we were. We actually went on Bubbleworks before Vampire, and I hadn't been on it since the refurb. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be, but it is a shadow of it's former self. A nice break though.Then to VampireWalked straight through the long, completely empty que, to an empty station, with an empty trainThe first couple of times, we walked straight on. I, until today thought of Vampire as a pretty tame family coaster, No longer, today it was extreme , I absolutely loved it! I would say at least 3/4 times per ride, the train swung over 90 degrees. I don't know whether it was the rain or if they put steroids in the oil this morning but my god it was fun.The sun then decided to say hello, so we headed back to the car to drop off jumpers etc and, we couldn't pass Rattlesnake without a couple more goes :POn the way back we grabbed some lunch from the fried Chicken CO. which was nice, albeit I thought the chips had been sat there for weeks. And good value with the annual pass discount. We then decided to check out this Ice Age thing, For an attraction set up, for what, 2 months? I was amazed! Quite long, and although it was a bit pointless, it was a nice addition.We then took a ride on the Runaway Train , and this can't be the same ride as the Flying Fish? The Runaway Train was great fun and it's shameful that the same ride looks the way it does over at Thorpe. The interaction from the ride op was great with this one. But to be honest, EVERY ride op today made an effort to have an actual conversation with you, not just, are you having a good day. But giving tips how to make the day better, seeing what your favourite rides been etc.Then on the way to Vampire again , decided on a few more goes on Rattlesnake, the que really building up now to 5 minutes.Vampire's station is just, magical , the atmosphere is unrivalled in any other attraction IMO. But if music was introduced it would be even better.I would just like to thank Chessington very much, they ran Vampire on 3 trains all day today, when there wasn't ever more than a 4/5 train wait, absolutely fangtastic ( :D) . Also dispatching was incredible, with trains flying out every 20 seconds.Another thing I loved on Vampire was the interaction between the 2 trains on the track, the one that had just left the 1st lift and the one that has just left the 2nd lift swung over each other and it was perfectly timed every time.I can say nothing but praise for Chessington after today, just walking around the park is a pleasure, you can see green grass unlike some parks... Naming no names ( Thorpe) . But when your in an area, you know your in that area, you don't have to read a sign to tell you. Everything fits in it's area and the theming blew me away today as a whole.Thorpe can't even call itself a theme park compared to Chessington, it's just a selection of rides arranged on a beautiful concrete slab...Well back to my day :P , After Vampire again , decided to take a relaxing ride on the Safari Skyway, the commentary was brilliant, and overall it was just fantastic. I didn't realise how big Holiday Inn Chessington is, also I couldn't believe it's actually safari themed. After the Skyway we headed on over the the Sealife centre, I can't believe it's a temporary building, it felt never ending! It was brilliant, but I don't think it's quite as good as Sharkbait Reef at Alton.Then it was time for another downpour, over the day there was about 3 I think, but all rides remained open, one happened whilst on Vampire, got absolutely drenched!We then were planning on seeing the Sealion show but there having some structural work or something like that, so there wasn't a show today.Then on the way back we grabbed, yet another couple of goes on Vampire and Rattlesnake.We then went to Dragons Fury as the final ride, and I think, one car spins more than the others, whilst queing, ( only ride with a Que all day) we noticed this one car was spinning more than the others and we got that one I think. I've never felt so disorientated on a ride before. It was amazing! Being dissapointed with it earlier, it obviously jsut needed time to warm up as it flew round the track this, and the next time.That's the day then really, absolutely 10/10A few points people in my company made, and these are people not at all into parks.They said the best thing about the rides at Chessington was that they have good length, I hadn't thought about it until they said it, but they are absolutely right, everything lasts a good amount of time. ( Take note again Thorpe)No litter whatsoeverThe theming was impeccableAll effects visible were working at 100%Don't really know what to add, sorry for the less detailed trip report, as I say , I had done a pretty huge one but somehow managed to delete it!Ride Count and quesVampire x 8 Never got above 10 minutes, impeccably run on 3 trainsRattlesnake x 8 Never got above 10 minutes, even when after downpours when it was run with 2 people per carDragon's Fury x 4 Awesome :P Peaked at 20 minutes, biggest que of day by farRodger the dodger's dodgems x 2 got to around 10 I thinkTomb Blaster x 1 Maxed at 5 all dayRunaway Train x 1 5 minutes topsSafari Skyway x 1 10 minutes I thinkSeastorm x 1 5 minutesBubbleworks x 1 10 minutesDragon Falls x 2 5 minutesOh another thing, 1 breakdown all day, which was Rameses Revenge and I don't think it reopened.Makes me wish I hadn't changed my mind at the last minute so many times!Thanks for reading :PJames

There was a really great guy on Dragon Falls onload this morning though, eh!? :PSeriously though, that's incredibly good to read that trip report James, it highlights the things that CWoA are really pushing for this year and it's really motivating to see that enthusiasts are starting to notice that it's getting a lot better and will hopefully be back on top next year, and with the new area/zoo section.

Thanks very much guys

There was a really great guy on Dragon Falls onload this morning though, eh!?

Ha , yeah, Let me go round twice without getting off, very nice of him :P Thanks :P

Seriously though, that's incredibly good to read that trip report James, it highlights the things that CWoA are really pushing for this year and it's really motivating to see that enthusiasts are starting to notice that it's getting a lot better and will hopefully be back on top next year, and with the new area/zoo section.

I've visited Alton and Thorpe a a few times this season, and yesterday was the first "complete" day if you know what I mean. I was just amazed at all the little details. I really do hope next year is a great year for the park with the new additions.

I wanted to go anyway, but this report has given me a lot more inspiration to visit Chessington, and I am going to make an effort to visit this summer.

Make sure you do , you won't regret it.Oh and here's some pics from yesterdayA cool looking fishy in SealifePosted ImageAn ugly looking fishy in SealifePosted ImageA picture of one of my, now, favourite bits of theming ever :DPosted ImageA not so great picture of one of my favourite coasters now, Vampire :PPosted ImageWas attempting a sort of background type thing here, shame it didn't really workPosted ImageAnother of VampirePosted ImageA picture early on , from the slow leisurely bit on Dragon Falls before the main drop, note the cloudy weather... Posted ImageSome of the fantastic theming on Dragon FallsPosted ImageAnother one from Dragon FallsPosted ImageA perfectly timed ( I wish!) picture of Dragons FuryPosted ImageThe awesome themed Rattlesnake, also notice the nice blue sky now Posted ImageA picture I tried to take to show one of the few downpours.Posted ImageA nice look down at the Lions from the Safari SkywayPosted ImageThat's all I'm going to put up I think.Enjoy

Chessie 27th JulyWell we had a bloody good day. Dispite the weather being crazy. It obviously put people off because the park was dead.Welcomed by Ice Age 3!Posted ImageFirst off we had a wander around the zoo part by the back of bubbleworks. Posted ImageThen the park opened, and we (in order) did Rattlesnake, Mine Train, Fury, Vamps x2, Rammy, Tomb. That was everything we wanted to do done. By 12. Vampy is quite photogenic me thinks:Posted ImageAfter food it was just of a case of makeing the most of a 10min queue for Fury and other rides being walk-on. It pissed down. Then you hear *clunk*. Yep, block shutdown on Fury. Down pour. Soaked guests on brake runs. Big Lol at them. Fury opens. Get round a few more times.Over to see Benin on Sea Dragons! And for us to potentialy have the most embarrasing ride ever. We also saw him on the Trucks.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageThis dragon doesn't like Raptors^Then the order was very random. Cant remember the order. It consists of many rides on Fury with many insane spins caused by fat people. Beaten on Rattle, Vibrated on Vampire. Mother feeling sick. And rain. And donuts. Not a clever thing to eat, are donuts. Cheap ORPPosted ImageSo RC:Fury x11Vampire x5 (3 Front)Rattle Snake x4Mine Train x2Black B. x2Tomb x1Rammy x1Sea Dragons x1A Chessie TR isn't complete without....Meerkats!Posted ImageOK. Now its done.

My report for 1st August:Arived at the park about 11, first thing I noticed was the theming regarding ice age 3. I've not seen the movie yet, but great way to promote.Entering the park, we headed for the Forbiden kingdom to ride Toomb blaster, we stopped just to check if RR was closed (it was!). Ended up with 2 goes on Toomb, my gun didon't work the first time and it spoilt the whole experience really!. At least I finally walked out the toomb with a respectible score and a smile. We were going to get a drink, but not having all that much money (we wanted to get pickamix and burger king) we settled on a minit made Fruit juice to share, actually quite refreshing. We did the pirate ship (my brother loved it!) even though he's still not convinced, I know he smiled all the way through it.After that, 2 relaxing rides back to back. Skyway and Peaking heights, oh and I got the audio on Skyway!. We were wondering who did the audio, thought it might be Steve irwin.Then it was fury, we were facing backwards this time round, made it more fun.Headed to the Beano, got a ride on the swings (got soaked!). Actually, I didon't think the water would be on in this weather, and sat down where you would usually get wet.By this time, we figured it would be cool to see some animals. We went to see animal antics (not that good but passed some time!). Hocus Pocus Hall, and the busiest I've ever seen it, not to mention the fact that there were some spoilt brats at the entrance... ugg!.Next up, sea lion bay. We were planning to see the show, but we were still extremely early and I told my brother I'm not wasting 20 minits looking at sealions!. Anyway, there were loads of wasps, I think it had something to do with the fact the guy next to me was eating the biggist orange you've ever seen, but hey let them fly around.As for us, we went to the Sealife centre. It was very good, got to go in the fish tunnel and see the new animals we didon't see last time round. While there, as it was still raining we did Creepy caves. We were dued to be picked up at half 4, and as it was half 3 figured we only had an hour. Headed for burger king, had chicken and chips... brother had a cheese burger.Went back in to Pirates cove to buy a pick and mix, 5 pounds on sweets... lovely!As we were heading out the gate, we were handed some voutchers (some kind of promotion?) and a questionair. Filled the questionair out on the way home, and now I'm back in the warm yay.All in all, was a great day. The only downside was the weather, but I can't say that no one warned me before hand!

trip report from 31starrived at 10.10 by the dragons fury entrance. that was 1/2 hour so we went to rattle snake got 3 re rides, after went to the vampire and sat at the front queued about 20 mins. we then got some food. it was now eleven and most queues were around 45mins, my brothe said we should buy the express pass thing so we did. we went on dragon falls first then tomb blaster (possibly the best dark ride in the U.K.). we then got lunck at the gready goblin. me and my brother went off whilst my mum and dad sat on the grass, we did dragons fury twice because there was only a 20 mins queue we also did the rest of are express pass. we went back to meet up with the rest of us, my mum wanted to see the zoo so we did that we also went into the sea life(really good I thought). my dad asked me and my brother to go on rammeses I wanted to but my brother diddent so we did runaway train. we then did sky way and rattle snake agien. the day was amazing all the staff where enthusiastic and every single one asked how your day had been and started to make conversation. the best was dan at dragons fury, what a ledge tongue.gif smile.gif.queue times at peekfury-75minsvampire-40minsbubble works-30minsdragon falls-45minstomb blaster-30minsrunaway train-30minsrattle snake- 40minsramasses-30wicked day best chessington day out of the 2 times ive been this year!

After reading those reports (well done, by the way guys! ;) ) I have decided to go sometime soon. Sounds like a good day out, and much more relaxing than thorpe park (with all the running around in the first hour!)Haven't been before, any tips? ;)

I'm in the same boat as you. Reading all of these fantastic trip reports makes me want to go even more. I can't help thinking it's such a shame I settled for a Thorpe Park Annual Pass, and didn't splash out on a Merlin Pass.Oh well, I do love Thorpe Park.

If you have never been to Chessington & Zoo, I would reconmend you heading to Vampire and Bubbleworks first.Then make your way over to Black Buccaneer and Safari Skyway.Then do Rattlesnake, Runaway Train, Rameses Revenge, Tomb Blaster and Dragon Falls.Around lunch time do Dragon's Fury as the queue should have died down.Once riden Dragon's Fury, go into Beanoland.Most Rides and Attractions can be done more than once as the park is open until 6pm all through August.Chessington & Zoo are very good if the park is majorly busy as they extend the closing time of the Attractions and the Park.Don't forget to stop of at the Zoo and SEALIFE areas!Have a great visit! ;)

I'm in the same boat as you. Reading all of these fantastic trip reports makes me want to go even more. I can't help thinking it's such a shame I settled for a Thorpe Park Annual Pass, and didn't splash out on a Merlin Pass.Oh well, I do love Thorpe Park.

Dont blame you ;) Thanks for the Info themeparkmad, will probably go next week or sometime in the holidays ;)