SAW: The Ride: The Ultimate Test

SkySkream

Poll: SAW: The Ride: The Ultimate Test  

51 members have voted

1. 1. SAW or Stealth?

2. 2. SAW or Tidal Wave?

3. 3. SAW or Colossus?

Very close between Saw and Stealth, I went for Stealth in th end thought but only by a whisker. The others are no real contest, especially TW!

Tidal Wave was merely a joke, to see if anyone think it beats saw ( I do :glare:), and even you admit saw isn't the best ride.I think inferno just murders saw. Saw is a overrated ride and is only so popular because of its marketing and all the chavs who think its good because it has a "Big drop, BRAP."If anyone here thinks SORE: The Ride is a good, (or even THE BEST) coaster at thorpe, well put it this way, I deeply feel for you.

Saw > Stealth. Longevity and theming are the main clinchers. Stealth's audio and lack of killing your neck were positive which make it a hard choice.Saw > Tidal Wave. For the simple fact that it can be ridden all year round. Tidal Wave has better audio, theme and theming, but I just can't ride it unless it is boiling. And even then, I struggle with that amount of water being thrown on me... :SSaw > Colossus. Theming and I enjoy the ride slightly more. Quite close in some ways, especially as Colossus has a more interesting layout, better audio and doesn't try to brake your neck..

For one reason I believe that Saw is the best ride in the park:Theming. Having been on many rides and rollercoasters, some of them are just same old same old. I personally hate Colossus as its uncomfortable, boring and not in the same league as other rollercoasters I have been on. Saw however, has something different about it with it starting indoors, and general theming around it. Granted its not the best ride in the world, and they could have done so much more with the theming, but at least its there!It beats Colossus hands down for me with it being more comfortable, exciting and generally a lot more fun. It beats Stealth mainly for its duration and theming, even though Stealths launch is brilliant! And obviously it beats Tidal Wave because we live in the UK. No one wants to get that wet when our weather is at its best let alone its worst!

For one reason I believe that Saw is the best ride in the park:Theming. Having been on many rides and rollercoasters, some of them are just same old same old. I personally hate Colossus as its uncomfortable, boring and not in the same league as other rollercoasters I have been on. Saw however, has something different about it with it starting indoors, and general theming around it. Granted its not the best ride in the world, and they could have done so much more with the theming, but at least its there!It beats Colossus hands down for me with it being more comfortable, exciting and generally a lot more fun. It beats Stealth mainly for its duration and theming, even though Stealths launch is brilliant! And obviously it beats Tidal Wave because we live in the UK. No one wants to get that wet when our weather is at its best let alone its worst!

You made some good points there I do agree on BUT I still don't believe saw beats the other rides...Welcome to the forums -_-

For one reason I believe that Saw is the best ride in the park:Theming. Having been on many rides and rollercoasters, some of them are just same old same old. I personally hate Colossus as its uncomfortable, boring and not in the same league as other rollercoasters I have been on. Saw however, has something different about it with it starting indoors, and general theming around it. Granted its not the best ride in the world, and they could have done so much more with the theming, but at least its there!

Tidal Wave's theming > Saw's themingIf we're classing it on theming alone. -_-

Stealth > SAW purely because Stealth is just a rush of adrenaline, and you can't get something quite like that anywhere else on the park.SAW > Tidal Wave for the simple reason I HATE water rides with a passion :PSAW > Colossus, but only just! I love the way Colossus interacts with non-riders, but I've always found it to be rougher than SAW. Plus, I'm a sucker for the SAW franchise -_-

The interior theming makes a first ride pretty surprising! The axes on the drop and crossbows.

I agree there but that's it. The ride is about the same as Rage at Adventure Island, if not a bit faster and longer. But there both the same really. Why queue up 2 hours for that when I could go to southend for 20 quid, and ride rage about 5 times in a row and still have time to ride other stuff.Look, saw is an OK ride, BUT it just doesn't live up to the hype and is nowhere near the "worlds scariest coaster" or the "best coaster at thorpe".Thats all I'm trying to prove.

For me Saw is the most fun ride at Thorpe Park.I agree that it it a bit lazy with theming in parts, and I don't think a rollercoaster suits the nature of the films. A Saw ride should have been in Orlando as they would have done so much more with it. Maybe made it a dark ride similar to what Alien Encounter was at Magic Kingdom before they got rid!No its not the scariest rollercoaster but I enjoy it more than any other Coaster in Thorpe

• 9 months later...