Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

wow ! ow year ! , thanks man . have thorpe park confirmed the difference between a live action horror maze and a scare maze. Or does anyone know the difference ? as I thought they were the same thing ?

Live action I would say is more human involvement in some way rather than just scares? Well that's my guess anyway.

Does anyone know what time TP release maze info at?

Live action I would say is more human involvement in some way rather than just scares? Well that's my guess anyway.

Does anyone know what time TP release maze info at?

between 6-7 mate, I think it was 6:30 yesterday! (website 'the cast' release, facebook can be before but it explains nothing on there)

EDIT: New reveal is you're next. Confirmed to be roaming actors. Still happy with that :)

So we are going to have four mazes, (My Bloody Valentine, Cabin in the Woods, Saw Alive and The Asylum), a scare zone (Blair Witch Project) and roaming actors.

Can't argue with that - as long as MBV and CITW are up to a very good standard.

Aren't you forgetting You're Next and what ever that is??

So, in effect, we've lost a maze?

Can't say I'm not fearful about queues. Fright Nights is the park's busiest times of the year, and it needs as many attractions as possible to deal with the numbers. Last year, during my visit at least, I don't think the park dealt with the queues effectively. One less maze can't be good for the queues. In saying that, we don't quite know how BWP will operate, which could help with the queues.

It feels almost wrong to complain at what we've got, but I just can't help but feel the park needs to be adding mazes, not taking them away.

Could someone please tell me what a scare zone is and how it works because I'm not sure really, never been in one.

Just realised this still hasn't been answered..!

Basically, a scare zone is a dedicated area, usually filled with actors and such, who aim to scare you. Some parks like to just turn an area into a scare zone, which you can freely walk around, and there's actors there who aim to scare you. The UK Merlin parks have done two scare zones between them: Zombies at Alton Towers and Dead End at Thorpe (it was only around in 2010). Both have just been pathways, with theming and actors in there, and have worked in a way that they let a certain number of people through. However, they rarely, if ever, have a queue. It's unclear how the BWP scare zone will work. :)

Also, MBV looks like it'll end up pretty much being a clone of Experiment 10, though with a couple of scenes moved about. If it ends up like the 2011 maze, I'll be happy, but at the same time, it's a shame they didn't take the opportunity to increase the length of the attraction. Though I guess I should wait before passing too much judgement...

Ahh been away from this site for quite some time- though I have been following Thorpe's updates on their website- and literally so much has happened!! :o I think these new mazes have a lot of potential, but there are a few things I can't help but notice:

. Thorpe played the whole event off to be 'reinvented' with 'all new mazes', but essentially only two seem to have been completely scrapped- The Passing and The Curse.

. My Bloody Valentine is sounding like a rebrand of Experiment 10, and although I expect the re-theme will be fantastic, will be a bit of a let down for those who went in E10 if it's too similar.

. We've lost a maze ='( even if The Passing was an upcharge one it would surely have helped with queue control :/

. You're Next had the potential to be an incredible maze, I feel like they really missed out on a great opportunity there.

. Not really a downside, but I find it a little strange that The Asylum is the one non IP maze still standing. I get that it's super popular, but I would've thought that Thorpe would have held on to one of their newer investments. That said- I guess if Asylum is what draws in the crowds then that's what they need to keep.

HOWEVER, all the above said I am SO excited now. I have my tickets booked and I'm beginning to count down the days in the back of my mind. I'm very interested to see what's going on with this Blair Witch scare zone, and I heard some rumours about SAW Alive getting some new scenes... any proof of this? As a SAW fan, that would please me very much, especially with the exceptionally high standard of theming in that maze. VERY curious about The Cabin in the Wood's and will be trying that out for sure! With an attraction so unique, this could end up being a real crowd pleaser, though admittedly it's kind of a risky move doing something so radically different, though I suppose it worked when they took a leap of faith with Experiment 10. In my opinion, I feel that My Bloody Valentine will be the scariest. I mean... the claustrophobia combined with being separated and the feeling of being chased by the killer... terrifying. I can't help but wonder if we'll get to hear that creepy gas mask breathing sound when he approaches. I'm hard to scare but I think that will probably manage to give me nightmares xD As for Asylum returning.... YAY :D <3 I regret not going in it last year SO much <3

Oh and also- a while back, didn't Thorpe mention something about putting 'scare ratings' on the mazes? Wonder if we will be seeing any of that...

I hope saw gets some attention as its nothing special and with the investment concentrating on these films would only be right to change a scene or two! Asylum I'm happy to see return as it is a decent maze could just do with possibly more actors.

I'm not sure whether they're saying that there will be minimal actors in CITW, so are they cutting back on actors saving money considering the cost to create these new/adjusted mazes as I doubt there will be as many actors in BWP as well as a maze equivalent would have?

So You're next seems to be a scare zone attraction then. I hope BWP will operate and hope its done I. A way it can distract queues from the others.

Will be interesting to see what they reveal on the asylum.

You're next is just roaming actors.

I would expect that Asylum will remain the same as usual, but I could be wrong.

Surprised we haven't see some sort of PR video with Thorpe and lions-gate discussing how the partnership came together!

I don't think we'll see anything like. It's not really a UK or a Merlin thing to release videos like that. However, I reckon we'll see a promotional video for the event sometime. Well, hope so at least - they're always very good!

I know a few people will have seen this already, but may as well chuck it here for reference:

554537_628053713905794_1849395479_n.jpg

This is the entrance to CITW in Orlando. It's a shame Thorpe don't have the space (and probably the budget) to do something of this calibre. However, this is what Thorpe should be aiming for!

As for Asylum, I doubt it's 'just' going to be Asylum returning; there's surely got to be a new twist or a slight retheme or something.

Just realised this still hasn't been answered..!

Basically, a scare zone is a dedicated area, usually filled with actors and such, who aim to scare you. Some parks like to just turn an area into a scare zone, which you can freely walk around, and there's actors there who aim to scare you. The UK Merlin parks have done two scare zones between them: Zombies at Alton Towers and Dead End at Thorpe (it was only around in 2010). Both have just been pathways, with theming and actors in there, and have worked in a way that they let a certain number of people through. However, they rarely, if ever, have a queue. It's unclear how the BWP scare zone will work. :)

Thanks, I think that if the BWP thing is done well and it is done in the right way, I think it could be VERY scary. I mean just imagine being in a dark forest with actors being in there with you! It sounds great. Also I think that the MBV will probably be the scariest because your on your own with some maniac gas mask killer chasing you, that for me would be absolutely terrifying. But I also think that the other scare attractions have great potential, and if Thorpe can pull it off, I think we are in for a fantastic fright nights! :)

Very exciting!!!