Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

• 7 months later...

Worth dusting this off now.

I can't see scare rooms as we know them happening at the crash pad, although they could be ideal with their naturally claustrophobic nature. I would imagine something scare based from the evening entertainment should happen.

As for the mazes, some one (sidders? peaj?) pointed out to me The Passing still has all of its external set up in place so it is safe to presume it will return this years, but nothing remains on display of The Asylum, which I think last year at least kept its signage out through the season? So a change there maybe?

What I'd like more than anything is more effort in the park ride theming and lighting to create an event out of it, rather than the simple park with mazes added on style of event.

I don't think Asylum normally has its signage kept throughout the season, though I could be wrong there.

This season's map suggests that FN could see changes, so I'd expect at least one maze to go, likely Asylum or Curse. Asylum needs to go in my opinion, it's been on park in its current incarnation for 8 years, and The Freezer wasn't much different - 11 years on it is in need of a complete change. I've also heard rumours of there being 5 mazes this year, so there could be a brand new one as well.

I do agree with the park wide theming though. The idea of a Thorpe Park prison was great; hopefully they can extend on that more.

Asylum's signage was not left up last year.
I think that it should stay, but be revamped. They should use less smoke (still some, but less) and the only lights should be the strobes. The sirens should also be loud once again, last year they were barely audible on some days.

The Passing was the worst maze of the lot last year in my opinion, it needs improvements made but it definatley wasn't worth the money when the free mazes are better.

Also, it looks really tacky that they have left the sign up. You would expect a multi million pound company to be able to send someone out to take it down.

• 3 weeks later...

if they change asylum, then please.. don't change the end part!. I love that bit- was the best part

get rid of the curse if you must, I liked the curse but can live without it

what I want to know is if their's going to be a show.. or anything- that theater where time voyagers/ pirates 4d used to be always had some sort of show.. is the theater even still their?. I've not been since it closed.

maybe an outdoor show?

but then what could they do..

Hope Curse goes, don't like it. Theming-wise it's nice, but that's it (Though, I heard rave reviews about it last season and it was the best of the lot last season..).

If it does go and they're keen to get rid of tents, it'll be intersting to see where the new maze would go. I was always under the impression the reason Se7en was moved to the beach in 2011 was because it was impractical / not possible to have shipping containers on the beach (hence why Experiment 10 couldn't go there). There's not a lot of space really, and I think all permanent buildings would be occupied in one way or another. Maybe make use of the CCR route (well, part of it) somehow? Would also like to see Asylum changed sooner or later, it's getting a bit old now.

If we get a new maze, I would like to see them stick with the traditional conga line though. Experiment 10 and Passing are good ideas with their twists, but you don't want too many of them. Some mazes just need to be kept to traditional conga line and eat through the queues, something E10 and Passing aren't good with. Would like to see a more spooky theme as opposed to the horror thing with got going - things seemingly moving by themselves, 'ghosts' / 'shadowy figures' in the darkness, those sort of things. Dunno why I'd like to see it, just seems like something different and make a change from your regular maze.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that Asylum should receive an upgrade rather than a name change/being changed completely.

To make The Asylum more terrifying, they could add in one or two more actors in the chainsaw guy finale. They could be wielding knives alongside the chainsaw guy and wave them around violently. THAT'll get everyone out the maze in a split second! :)

To make The Asylum more terrifying, they could add in one or two more actors in the chainsaw guy finale. They could be wielding knives alongside the chainsaw guy and wave them around violently. THAT'll get everyone out the maze in a split second! :)

Yes, that would be good, but what they need to bring into the mazes (especially Asylum) is a lot more props. These could be moving or still, but should be gory and quite nasty to look at. I say this because nothing at Thorpe park's Fright Nights is actually gruesome or scary because it is just people with a mask or face paint. If they brought in scary props and moving anamatronics (cheap ones are still scary) then they would improve their mazes 100% in my opinion.

If you google 'thorpe park fright night 2013', the second result is a PDF document, it says this:

Everything you thought you knew about THORPE PARK Fright Nights forget it! A new age of live action horror is set to be unleashed upon the nations Thrill Capital (11-13 & 18-20 October and 25 October-2 November). Beware of what will be lurking in the shadows at the UKs most chilling Halloween event as its been reinvented by some of the most disturbed minds in horror.

Only the brave will survive the new surprises that lay in store in the live action horror mazes. Face some of Europes most extreme rollercoasters into the dead of night including THE SWARM, the UKs first winged rollercoaster, which guests can now brave backwards.

Interesting..

If you google 'thorpe park fright night 2013', the second result is a PDF document, it says this:

Everything you thought you knew about THORPE PARK Fright Nights forget it! A new age of live action horror is set to be unleashed upon the nations Thrill Capital (11-13 & 18-20 October and 25 October-2 November). Beware of what will be lurking in the shadows at the UKs most chilling Halloween event as its been reinvented by some of the most disturbed minds in horror.

Only the brave will survive the new surprises that lay in store in the live action horror mazes. Face some of Europes most extreme rollercoasters into the dead of night including THE SWARM, the UKs first winged rollercoaster, which guests can now brave backwards.

Interesting..

awesome!

Cant wait for Fright Nights 2013.

In terms of what appends it would be nice if they could push closings to 10:30 as it would not just give more ride time but also benefit Crash Pad Users where they could even link in some horror rooms or something there.

On another factor, it would be nice if they lifted the charge from the passing.

^ Agreed, The Passing was not worth the money as the other mazes were better!

10pm would be nice for Fright Nights once again, 9pm is poor as it isn't nights (but I suppose Fright Evenings doesn't sound good :P).

I do remember at the beginning of the season the opening times said 10:30pm, although they hastily changed it back to 9pm.