Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

Interesting that the trailer shown for the Saw one is the final film. I wonder if there's any chance that an additional scene might be added from that film then; though I do have some doubts in honesty.

And yeah, the CITW description has been updated, including the scenes. Based on the new description, I wonder if there are not only alternative routes, but also alternative endings as well?

yeah true. Very intrigued as I have been thinking for a while now that SAW will definitely have an update. Not sure if the trailer has anything to do with it, but with the facebook status 'SAW will make a dramatic return', as if it will come back with something new, and I don't think they'd leave it how it is tbh. They want a completely new fright night; I can see a retheme on one of the rooms/temperature difference/whole new room. And back to TCITW, that description makes it sound excellent, very intrigued about this control room thing, how will it work/what will happen when you click the buttons seeing as its an interactive maze (live actors etc.)?

EDIT: And what bedroom? And what part has a dolls room? :S possible dead silence link?

yeah thanks for reminding me actually haha... I was just unsure if I had the same benefits as a merlin standard passholder so I could go to this preview event - I'm only interested in going if rides are available too (even if it's just the coasters like summer nights), not that I won't do the mazes, just thought considering it's going to be pretty empty try and do a bit of everything!

Love how the BWP has been left so mysterious anything could happen with this attraction.

I'm a bit annoyed that asylum is returning. Has the incredible line up of lionsgate film attractions and they dump an old maze in there. No originality. I would of liked dead silence or chainsaw massacre. Its gonna feel like the same fright nights. Not as much of a revamp I was hoping for.

The heritage of fright nights has to be kept this is the signature attraction that keeps the fans coming back.

http://www.thorpepark.com/frightnights/ - MBV has been added to the list. Looks like Experiment 10's trick is sticking with the maze; fingers crossed it doesn't inherit the problems that maze had last year...

As for the return of the Asylum. Yawnn. My views of the maze have been made perfectly clear a couple of times in this thread now, and I'm not thrilled that out of all the mazes to return, this was the one. I appreciate it may be a good idea to keep a non-IP maze (as we now have 2 returning attractions from last year). All I can say is I hope it receives a lot of attention and is played about with a lot...

What's the difference between a 'live action horror maze' and a scare maze'? I don't think CITW has any actors :(

I don't know what the difference is exactly, but you don't need actors to scare you...

As for 'Brave it Alone', love the concept behind it, and the cost is justified in my eyes. It will be interesting to see what maze they end up using for that one though (presumably they'll only use one maze for the entire event). VERY tempted by that one...

As for the return of the Asylum. Yawnn. My views of the maze have been made perfectly clear a couple of times in this thread now, and I'm not thrilled that out of all the mazes to return, this was the one. I appreciate it may be a good idea to keep a non-IP maze (as we now have 2 returning attractions from last year). All I can say is I hope it receives a lot of attention and is played about with a lot...

Don't go in it then.

With four brand new mazes, you can't complain about them bringing back one of their old mazes (which was actually what started Fright Nights in the first place, but with a different name).

Personally I am thrilled that they are bringing it back!

I'm more intrigued as to why they're bringing it back as it has no link to the "IP Horror Movie" aspect. I'm not complaining as it is a classic and with the work going on the back of The Asylum building I expect it will have been worked on. I also doubt it will be just as simple as it used to be, Scare Tour were suggesting a possible link with Dead Silence I think (rumour I know) so I don't think it will just be returning.

Don't go in it then.

With four brand new mazes, you can't complain about them bringing back one of their old mazes (which was actually what started Fright Nights in the first place, but with a different name).

Personally I am thrilled that they are bringing it back!

I'm not complaining about them bringing one maze back. In fact, I think it's a sensible idea, and as Asylum is probably the most consistently rated maze in the past, it makes sense that they choose to bring that one back.

However, it does absolutely nothing for me. I don't find it scary; all it does is give me a headache and I've found it to be a weaker maze than the likes of Se7en, Experiment 10 (2011 version) and The Passing. I genuinely don't 'get' what all the fuss or hype about it is. The only positive point I can think of is the ending. Personally, I just want it scrapped / changed heavily. Also, I don't like the 'It's pretty much there every Fright Nights so it should be kept' argument. Colossus was the ride that put Thorpe Park on the map; should that be kept at the park forever? I think it's time for change.

I'm hoping that with the large investment being pumped into FN that we'll see a fair amount of work done to it. I'm willing to give it a go again this year if I have the chance, but if it remains similar to what it has done for the past several years, I'm pretty certain it won't light up my world. It will be interesting to see if we get some sort of film tie-in with it though. One possibility I'd like to see is an 'Asylum' of evil characters from various films; could work a treat...