Annual Pass Day?

Graw

Question

The 2010 one was great with queues no more than 10min (most walk on). However, 2011 was insane, the park wasn't prepared for the huge crowds with hardly any food outlets open. Storm Surge was running 4/5 boats so that was heaving but all other rides were running full capacity but queues were still around an hour. I'm hoping they'll do one next year but use the pre book system like Chessington do so they can limit numbers and be prepared.

2011 Pass Day was awful £10 to bring to friends bad move Pass Holders only next year

Its not a bad move to do the "bring a friend for £10" thing, it was just handled very badly, It should pre book only, but because it wasn't loads of people were lining outside of the gates looking for passholders who would get them in the park. The idea is good if you want to go with someone that doesn't have a pass, but it needs to be pre book only.

Its not a bad move to do the "bring a friend for £10" thing, it was just handled very badly, It should pre book only, but because it wasn't loads of people were lining outside of the gates looking for passholders who would get them in the park. The idea is good if you want to go with someone that doesn't have a pass, but it needs to be pre book only.

I would like to buy an annual pass on the day :/ but if it requires pre-booking I'm sure I could get around it! I hope it's not as busy as 2011!

Considering Chessington's car park was full today and most people I saw there had annual pass bottles in their hands, I think I'll give this a miss. Somebody said somewhere that Merlin have somewhere in the region of 200,000 MAP holders so I guess this will mean Thorpe will be packed. I'd rather book a day off work and go when its quieter.

You need to take into consideration the fact that they won't be handing out a massive amount of these annual pass tickets, they will limit the capacity for the day as I'm sure they'll still be preparing for the main season. Don't expect anything as disastrous as the famous AP day of the past!

Chessington have been using the prebook only system for a few years now and they do limit tickets. Last year I went on the Sunday AP day, they had run out of the prebook tickets a while in advance and queues didn't top 30 minutes for Vampire and Dragons Fury. Merlin are well aware of the disaterous 2011 event and won't want the same to happen again. This prebook system is tried and tested and proven to work. They'll know the heighest possible attendance and will (hopefully) be staffed for that. Merlin and Thorpe don't intentionally anger their passholders even if it does seem that way at times.

Considering Chessington's car park was full today and most people I saw there had annual pass bottles in their hands, I think I'll give this a miss. Somebody said somewhere that Merlin have somewhere in the region of 200,000 MAP holders so I guess this will mean Thorpe will be packed. I'd rather book a day off work and go when its quieter.

It was full when I went for a zoo day and nearly everyone there did have a MAP and a bottle round their neck- but that does not mean it will be packed, merlin are limiting the amount of pre-book tickets to this event so it should be fairly quiet. However, it could be a disaster again but this is unlikely because I think this year they have everything under control, unlike 2011 AP day!

I hope all the rides are working, but they should be because thorpe should be prepared this time unlike in 2011- if the disaster happens again, I will not be visiting thorpe's AP days anymore...

I guess we shall see what happens for the rest of the week as the weather turns from nice, warm and 7 degrees to nice, cold and 3 degrees. It's all very well with hindsight saying the park should do more, but it could easily be the other side of the coin.

Which is what the majority of the Facebook page seem to be missing.