ERT Swarm Photo Shoot Event 15th March 2013

AJ

Thanks for bringing this up Phill - They will need Light colours so you will easily be shown in the photos - If your wearing dark colours like Navy/ blacks and dark greys you'll blend too much into the ride!

Personally I would have also thought they would want the 'light' Type of Spring wear as you don't see many photos of promotional material for any rides with people in winter jackets and hats

Hmm yes I was thinking that too Peaj but Sarah has a good point, something which I also recently raised in chat. Not sure I'm up for freezing myself for 2 hours! Of course, we can hope the weather will change but I can't see it changing that much to not need a coat. And it will be the evening and getting dark! It was 9c on Saturday when I went and I was chilly even with a coat!

Also Peaj has answered another question I had, also in relation to wearing coats - the only coat I have which would stand out is my blue one, so assuming the colours don't literally have to be light, and just need to stand out, then it sounds like that will be fine to wear!

But yeah, I did wonder about winter clothing. Maybe someone can contact Thorpe about this?

I was thinking that myself Peaj. Looks like it will be the only way they can have more 'spring' shots without us freezing to death.

Alternatively people could just layer up t-shirts and have some spring looking jacket on top. This could stop us becoming stupidly cold whilst riding, and would take away the need to strip before riding :P

Hi Thorpe Park Mania! We're so glad that you have decided to be a part of our promotional photography for THE SWARM but we've been ready the posts and see you have a number of questions about what to wear - very sensible thinking we might add! Our advise would be the following:

Unfortunately you will not be able to wear coats as the photos need be able to be used all season, however, we know it is very cold at the moment and we don't want you to freeze. We suggest you bring nice warm coats (and gloves and hats if it's as cold as it is today!) that you can wear when the ride is not running and for the actual shots themselves jumpers and hoodies are fine (as long as they don't have any brand names or offensive slogans on them).

Below are some links to some photogarphy we did in similar weather conditions which will hopefully help you in making your clothing choices!

http://www.thorpepark.com/press/image-bank/images/saw-the-ride/fullsize/SAW-7.jpg

http://www.thorpepark.com/press/image-bank/images/the-swarm/fullsize/the-swarm-ride-2.jpg

We're really looking forward to seeing you on Friday.

The THORPE PARK team

Hi Thorpe Park Mania! We're so glad that you have decided to be a part of our promotional photography for THE SWARM but we've been ready the posts and see you have a number of questions about what to wear - very sensible thinking we might add! Our advise would be the following:

Unfortunately you will not be able to wear coats as the photos need be able to be used all season, however, we know it is very cold at the moment and we don't want you to freeze. We suggest you bring nice warm coats (and gloves and hats if it's as cold as it is today!) that you can wear when the ride is not running and for the actual shots themselves jumpers and hoodies are fine (as long as they don't have any brand names or offensive slogans on them).

Below are some links to some photogarphy we did in similar weather conditions which will hopefully help you in making your clothing choices!

http://www.thorpepark.com/press/image-bank/images/saw-the-ride/fullsize/SAW-7.jpg

http://www.thorpepark.com/press/image-bank/images/the-swarm/fullsize/the-swarm-ride-2.jpg

We're really looking forward to seeing you on Friday.

The THORPE PARK team

Shes wearing Abercrombie in the first photo!

Thanks Thorpe Park for that helpful post :)

And yeah I noticed that Steve, and also in both photos some people are wearing wearing dark clothes. Perhaps they've become stricter on this recently?

Ah well, as long as everyone wears what we've been told to :P

EDIT: Just noticed that people's arrival times have been added and coloured coded! Love the organisation :D

May I take this moment to express an even bigger Thank You to THORPE PARK.

Not only have they kindly invited us to this event, THORPE PARK are giving complimentary tickets to all those who do not have annual passes who were on the attendance list we gave to them this lunchtime,for coming to the photoshoot.

Non annual pass holders, please make your way to reception on arrival at the park to get your complimentary ticket. Reception is to the right of the turnstiles (it has a sign above it) and you will just need to ring the reception buzzer and wait for the door to buzz. There will be someone in reception between 9am and 5pm so there should be no problems with collection.

Once again a big thanks to THORPE PARK for this great opportunity!