How would you improve Dark Forest?

Tom

• 1 month later...

Build a 200ft tall, enclosed drop tower. Alton need another ride that drops you.

Minimal footprint. Add in a couple of shipping containers with cattlepen queue lines in them, pass it off as theming. Just make sure the building that holds the drop tower looks dilapidated, painted grey with bits of dark green in it and has loads of scaffolding around it.

Simple!

I would rename Rita for a start, it just makes me think of Coronation Street. I would rename it Teresa, and paint the track green.

My tour de force though would be a brand new dark(forest) ride which would be a mix of Bubbleworks and the old Wicked Witches Haunt. It would be set within an old French manor house where they make desserts for well known companies such as Sara Lee etc. The first section would be the main part of the house itself, WWH style which would reveal that the original lord of the manor was a big fat gutbucket and ended up succumbing to morbid obesity and fell into a vat of pudding. Due to his extreme size he could not swim to safety and drowned. His spirit along with his old servants now haunts the manor. The second section would be the underground factory where the desserts are made and would be more a Bubbleworks type ride. I was toying with a few names but finally decided on Black Forest Chateaux, being that many years ago the Dark Forest was actually known locally as the Black Forest but had been changed in recent times due to possible legal action on the grounds of racism. Rainbow Forest was the alternative choice at the time but they decided on Dark Forest at the last minute.