Summer Nights

MarkC

Yo reckon it's gonna be busy tonight at summer nights? Also, do I have to pay as an Annual Pass holder?

Annual pass holders have to pay £5 instead of £15, not sure if it has to be done in advance though... I doubt it considering it hasn't been very busy, but not sure about tonight - in general they don't expect it to be busy anyway :)

Yeah I went on Saturday and it was really good.

Colossus - 3 - went on front then back, you can really tell what people mean when they say how much smoother the front is

Stealth - 3

Nemesis - 3 - went on at the front and a bird litch shat in my eye after the zero-g :help:

Saw - 2

Swarm - 2

Dodgems - 1 - incredibly bruised

Storm Surge - 1 - never in my life have I got/seen anybody get wet on this ride before, but I got drenched, like Tidal Wave drenched. So thought we may as well go on...

Tidal Wave - 1 - to dry off a bit

Rush - 1 - buzzing this was open

rush was open!? omg that's my favourite ride... did it replace anything that wasn't open on that night, or was it just extra!? the dodgems, teacups, storm surge and tidal wave were open when I went on friday 18th... going again this friday, please be open rush, or vortex!  :)

Stealth was closed for the first hour so I think it may have been because of that but Stealth did open :) 

I noticed that Thorpe confirmed on Twitter that Summer Nights will still run between 7pm and 10pm during August (ie - when the main park closes at 7pm).

I guess it could be that they noticed people were leaving before half 10, so are closing earlier to maximise how long people stay?  Either way, fingers crossed that the cross over between park closure and Summer Nights opening goes down smoothly!

It's a good way of advertising how to stay on park for longer - 7pm comes and only people with wristbands can join the queues.

Magic Kingdom did this for their Mickeys Not-So-Scary Halloween when I visited. Park closed for normal visitors, all attractions available wristband only with stations selling the evening event around the park.

This is the reason I decided to visit last week when the park closed at 6. Personally I think the change over will not run smoothly and summer nights guests will try enter queues for other rides which aren't open. I think having a 7pm to 7pm change over is bad as on sunscream at the end of the day last year there were still 30-45 'minute queues. It's good to try and see if it works but I doubt it will...

Also my friend visited last year and only got on 10 rides in 3 hours verses my 39 in 3 hours. He said there were 20-30 min queues on park on the night during August at summer nights. I dread to think it is going to be worse especially with this new change over. All the summer nights guests will have to battle their way through everyone leaving to reach the rides to find left over queues...

P.S Wristbands were not being checked so anyone from the earlier day could have stayed on when I visited. I hope this changes as people could just stay on and continue to ride.

P.S Wristbands were not being checked so anyone from the earlier day could have stayed on when I visited. I hope this changes as people could just stay on and continue to ride.

Just because so far there hasn't been someone checking wristbands at a ride entrance doesn't mean they aren't doing it; rides staff are checking bands of riders as they board the coasters etc. and when it comes to 7/7 changeover, we'll have to wait and see won't we? Because my guess is a welcome host will be present to check bands ;)

Love being the bearer of good news..

Can't comment on the 7pm crossover as was at the hungry horse down the road for food and got in the park about 8, but again was really quiet, pretty much walk on besides front rows, my dad heard someone say there was about 500 people on park this evening, and that one of the other nights there were only 200!

Now here's the good news (not summer nights related as such, but found out about it in the evening rather than today which would have been better as there were some great photos today :/)... Annual pass holders can now get an unlimited digital download pass, yes you heard it... For £25 you get unlimited digital downloads, just buy a pass, show it and they'll print off the receipt with the digital download code on, simple as! Literally amazing! Bit annoying though as some of the photo booths weren't open on summer nights!!

Now here's the good news (not summer nights related as such, but found out about it in the evening rather than today which would have been better as there were some great photos today :/)... Annual pass holders can now get an unlimited digital download pass, yes you heard it... For £25 you get unlimited digital downloads, just buy a pass, show it and they'll print off the receipt with the digital download code on, simple as! Literally amazing! Bit annoying though as some of the photo booths weren't open on summer nights!!

Now that's actually a really good deal, something I will defiantly be getting this season if not next season. Glad there's actually finally an unlimited photo pass at a decent price :D

Now that's actually a really good deal, something I will defiantly be getting this season if not next season. Glad there's actually finally an unlimited photo pass at a decent price :D

The lady who told us about it said they're trialling it, only been doing it about 4 days so far... and said not sure how long it will continue for or whether they will do in next year in the same form (obviously if you get it now it will be valid til the end of the season even if they stop it).

Personally its great, but don't see why they can't just put machines where people type their number, pay a couple of quid and get a receipt for the digital download, means only need for 1 person on each photo thing, and more photos sold digitally go on social media and more free advertising!