Summer Nights

MarkC

The tolerance of the catch car is 3mm otherwise it won't launch. You can't just rock it back onto the catch car. It's not a simple push the train into position job. They'd have to manually release the dog and get positioning spot on. My source? Staring at the dog and catch car plus the computer screen showing it's in the tolerance whilst an engineer explained.

rain triple wait time? I mentioned rain because it was partly to blame for being stuck on stealth.

Also I criticise merlin as they are trying to be the best, act like the best but in reality they are far from it. 

The problem with stealth is that it failed to launch. The train slipped off the catch car backwards by about a foot and was then stuck there. They normally move the train forward to get the train back on the catch however because of the rain the wheels were unable to move the train back to the launch position. 

I'm sorry but I will stop you here, 

Your original post stated, and I quote, "the  catch car didn't line up and the wheels couldn't grip the train.". You have actually just made a complete tit of yourself right there. 

What you have described I am very fondly aware of. And I can safely assure you the catch car was in the correct position. What you have described very loosely is a beautiful scene. The train would never of made it to the catch car, in actual fact would barely of even moved forward in the launch sequence. 

​Let me just very briefly explain the launch sequence. 

1 - Dispatch buttons are pressed 

2 - Initial train movement commences 

3 - Brake's sequencing begins 

4 - Train touches copper electric plate to disengage the dog from the train to then drop into the catch car 

5 - Train moves back slightly to securely engage into the catch car

6 - Final computing checks analysed

7 - Train launches

You are making out that the train is engaged to the catch car at all times, which is very wrong. Couldn't be any more wrong if you tried. The train CANNOT PHYSICALLY slip off the catch car, once the dog has dropped that is it the train is engaged. 

Stealth in the rain, as you so kindly described, struggled to grip the kicker wheels. In such a case the launch sequence 'aborts' due to a time-out. In many cases indeed the train moves backwards.

Let me clear something up, they do not 'normally' move the train forward to get the train engaged back in to the catchcar. They move the train back into its safety position lined up with a metal plate which can open and close the safety bars.

Please stop trying to guess how Stealth works. It's actually depressing. 

My story hasn't changed at all, all taht has changed was 60 minutes to 20 minutes. You can continue to believe that I am lying but I am not.

I'm willing to accept that what I was told by the engineer was wrong, but I dont see how I was meant to know that with out being told by someone else.

Of all the points being mentioned I think the entrance / ticketing set up has caused some issues for MoS and summer nights, both having excessive and slow moving queues. Thought that was fixed now though as they let you collect your ticket earlier in the day rather than making you all collect them at once after the park has closed?

Of all the points being mentioned I think the entrance / ticketing set up has caused some issues for MoS and summer nights, both having excessive and slow moving queues. Thought that was fixed now though as they let you collect your ticket earlier in the day rather than making you all collect them at once after the park has closed?

Did this last year with no problems then could stay in the park waiting for rides to open

I'm sorry.. but all these arguments on the past page and noones pointed out..

He said he had free tickets to the theme park.. so decides to come only for the Summer Night event, an event which is short, has hardly any attractions available, and not worth anywhere near the value of the full price day ticket (and surely also excluded from the terms of the free return ticket).

Calling bull**** on this one.

I'm sorry.. but all these arguments on the past page and noones pointed out..

He said he had free tickets to the theme park.. so decides to come only for the Summer Night event, an event which is short, has hardly any attractions available, and not worth anywhere near the value of the full price day ticket (and surely also excluded from the terms of the free return ticket).

Calling bull**** on this one.

They gave me the chance to return to a summer night because that's when it happened. They didn't give me a ticket to return at any time. Also this is not "Bull****" it actually happened so if you want to be ignorant and not believe what I'm saying go ahead.

You could grab tickets in the middle of the day when I went last year... It would just seem though that people tend not to think intelligently when they visit theme parks...

Dunno why the park would only give a ticket to Summer Nights rather than a full day return to a moaning guest though... It's a bit strange...

Although it must be said suggesting that the engineers simply rock the car back and forth onto the catch car gave me a right old chuckle this morning... Cheers...

We never moaned about it. Its just when they got us off stealth they said that becuase of the wet weather getting us soaked they said that if we headed to the entrance there were tickets to return to the next summer night as the one we were at involved getting stuck on stealth and non stop rain.