Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Went yesterday, wasn't too busy, SAW had a 40 minute queue for most of the day (and if you don't believe me I have the yellow exit pass to prove it!)Got on quite a lot and was a pretty good day. Weather was lovely, so much for rain!We managed:SAW - 7Stealth - 2Rush - 2Detty - 2Samurai - 1Colossus - 1Inferno - 1Loggers - 1Rumba - 1CCR - 1Teacups - 1Banana ride - 1SAW is bloody amazing without the MCBR trimming anymore, and with 8 cars, obviously less queueing and quicker operation. Onride DVDs are still temperamental, but the photos seem better, so it seems they've finally adjusted the camera to a better angle ;)Rush is now in sync a lot better! Interesting story about how it was done! However swing A (console side) is now quite slow, not very forceful at all. Swing B kicks ass now :PColossus was vile. Sorry but that's the first word that comes to mind! We were at the very back and I suspect it was train 1 cos that's the noisy, vibrating, rougher one. It sounded and felt horrid the whole way round. We weren't going to sit there but there was 2 spaces and as usual all the other guests in the queue were being dappy and not responding, so we thought we'd give the staff a hand. Speaking of the queue...it was 5 minutes! Poor Colossus, no one loves it anymore!Samurai is clearly showing it's age. It's painfully slow ;) and that's not a complaint or anything negative, just an observation. It's actually a shame to see it go so slow, it makes me wonder how much longer it's going to last. Poor thing!Storm In A Teacup was crrrrazy! That was one hell of a teacup we sat in! And we went on just after eating Burger King lol. Just proves that nothing could ever make me sick!Mr Monkey's Big Juicy Banana was fun! :) Staff were good, Chris was great on Banana! However the staff member in the XNWO bag room towards the end of the day was quite bad, I should have told GS, because when we got there to hand my stuff in he just said "wait there" abruptly, and left the bag room unattended which you should NEVER do. He came back (presumably after going to talk to the greeter), and I can't remember word for word what he said but something like "it's closed so come back later, yeah?"Reliability was pretty good as well! The only shutdowns were Logger's which got evacced, XNWO was down for a long time, then when we went to ride it later it was closed which I just mentioned. Inferno had a sick shutdown when we were queuing, and then SAW closed at the end of the day.Overall a good day!

I definately agree Michaela! Colossus had no que at all for the front seat at 9:30!took advantage of it and did 2 runs within 10 mins for we walked around to get to que again, but obviously NO QUE AT ALL :). But one of the trains at front has a short belt! Left side, really annoying , got big chest so it took a push! And yes I complained about X:NWO staff, two hosts who were MEANT to be telling people it closed were messing around play fighting and we just walked past them while they ignored us and then the bag man goes 'Go back it's closed!' and then the 2 people suddenly went 'Oh yeah it closed!' . Just rudeness personified.

Smooth day today, except for one incident with a member of staff :PQueue times:SAW - 30mins max, down to 10mins from 2:30pmStealth - 20minsRush - 5minsDetty - 5minsSamurai - 15minsColossus - 30mins, walk on's from 3pmInferno - 25minsLoggers - 5minsTidal Wave - 10minsQuantum - 0minsVortex - 10minsZodiac - 0minsSlammer - 5minsRide Count:SAW - 6Stealth - 4Rush - 3Slammer - 3Colossus - 2Inferno - 0 :PVortex - 3Zodiac - 2Random pointsSomeone got sick on vortex and the ride host described it as mash potato, I just had to laughHad a nice chat with the slammer hosts about alton towers.:P

Smooth day today, except for one incident with a member of staff :PQueue times:SAW - 30mins max, down to 10mins from 2:30pmStealth - 20minsRush - 5minsDetty - 5minsSamurai - 15minsColossus - 30mins, walk on's from 3pmInferno - 25minsLoggers - 5minsTidal Wave - 10minsQuantum - 0minsVortex - 10minsZodiac - 0minsSlammer - 5minsRide Count:SAW - 6Stealth - 4Rush - 3Slammer - 3Colossus - 2Inferno - 0 :PVortex - 3Zodiac - 2Random pointsSomeone got sick on vortex and the ride host described it as mash potato, I just had to laughHad a nice chat with the slammer hosts about alton towers.:P

What was the incident about with the member of staff??

What was the incident about with the member of staff??

Just the saw batcher was having a hissy fit over me putting my jumper in the locker things, I asked her what row I'm going in and instead of saying "Oh row 2" shes like "WHAT, why dont you listen.. jesus christ"tut tut

Thorpe Park today...Queue times from what I saw ( don't quote me on these)Saw- 45 mins max, most day it was about 30 mins ( 8 trains), SRQ was pretty much walk on all dayStealth- 50 mins max, went down to about 40 mins but was one train all dayNemesis- 50 mins max, went down to about 20 mins and was 1 train all dayColossus- About 45 mins or so to begin with, but went down ALOT to pretty much walk on ( 2 trains)Everything else ranged from about 0- 20 minsRide Count-Saw- 4Rush- 4 or 5, cant rememberColossus- 1Nemesis- 1Stealth- 1X etc- 1Tidal Wave-1Vortex- 1Zodiac- 1Quantum- 1Detonator- 1Samurai- 1Think that was itOther info- Slammer was down all day with no signs of work going onYeah it was a good day :P Pretty much every ride done

Quick report from yesterday:Arived about 12. The park was pretty busy, and all rides were working with the exception of Slammer and Detinator, though it did open later in the afternoon.Ride count:Vortex x 2No way out x2Rush x 2Quantum x 2Time voyagers x1Flying Fish X1Canada Creek Railway X1

Quick report from yesterday:Arived about 12. The park was pretty busy, and all rides were working with the exception of Slammer and Detinator, though it did open later in the afternoon.Ride count:Vortex x 2No way out x2Rush x 2Quantum x 2Time voyagers x1Flying Fish X1Canada Creek Railway X1

Sounds like a good day. But you didn't manage to get on any coasters?Can you give me an idea of what the average Q times were like?

14th May queue times (times given are the shortest and longest I saw/experienced for the whole day):SAW: 5-20minsColossus: 15-45minsStealth: 10-20minsInferno: 10-25minsDetonator: 5minsRush: 5-10minsSamurai: walk-on, repeat rides allowedLogger's Leap: walk-on, repeat rides allowedSlammer: 10mins (but was closed after about 3pm)Tidal Wave: 5minsX:\NWO: walk-onRocky Express: walk-on, repeat rides allowedQuantum: walk-onFlying Fish: walk-onDepth Charge: walk-onRide Count:SAW: 5Inferno: 2Colossus: 2Stealth: 2Samurai: 2Logger's Leap: 2Detonator: 1Depth Charge: 1Rocky Express: 1X:\NWO: 1

Got back from today. Overall good day, weather was appaling though! Only about 1 hour of Sun. So got wet in Rain, Loggers, Rumba and Tidal Wave :D Ride Count-Saw- 4 (Via SRQ)Colossus - 2 (Front seat)Nemesis - 2 (Front seat)Rush- 2Vortex - 1 X: NWO - 1Loggers- 1Tidal Wave- 1Rumba - 1Quantum - 1Monkeys Banana Ride - 1 (no Chris :) )It really was the 'S' curse today! Slammer and Stealth were closed all day, and Saw broke down for about 1-2 hours. It funny how when Saw opens all other ques die down. Que times wern't bad at all, but tbh the weather really ruined it, but it can't be helped. However I did experience pain to the face with rain on Vortex, Colossus, Nemesis and Rush :)Good day overall, very quiet - 8/10

Went today :)Sorry but I don't really want to write a full report so heres ride times and ride count.Ride Queue TimesColossus: 90mins.Nemesis: 60mins.SAW - The Ride: 99mins didn't really go over to SAW so this is based on the ride queue times board.Samurai: 40-45mins.Stealth: 45mins-60mins.Rush: 40-60mins.Detonator: 30mins.Vortex: 40minsTidal Wave: 40minsRumba Rapids: 20minsLoggers Leap: 30minsDepth Charge: 15-20mins.Zodiac: 15mins.Ride CountStealth: 2 front and back.Colossus: 1 front.Nemesis Inferno: 1, also I am pleased to announce that some the effects in the cave are working, there are now red lights on the floor and mist sprays you from the red lights, the mist that sprays you when you go into the cave isn't working, also there is mist coming out of the volcano in the queue line which looks amazing, the best ride I have had on Nemesis Inferno this year possibly last year aswell.Samurai: 1Loggers Leap: 1Rumba Rapids: 2Detonator: 1Zodiac: 1Depth Charge: 1CCR: 1

Went today after school for 2 hours.Ride CountNemesis Inferno - 2Colossus - 1Rumba Rapids - 1Loggers Leap - 1Rocky Express - 1Samurai - 1Zodiac - 1Quantum - 2Not bad for 2 hours xDWe went to saw at 5:40 and the queue was shut which really sucked :/ All rides except Slammer were up which was cool, and I only had three issues.1) A run-in with a rude staff member outside Zodiac, he barged me out of the way with toilet rolls, inside of moving around just barged in to me... Rude >.>2) I got cut by a leaf or a vine on Colossus just before the first corkscrew. It stopped bleeding after a few minutes but even now it's still stinging...3) The Queue Time Board said 10 minutes for Colossus... When we got there the queue's were past the '60 Minutes From Here' stage, luckily we saw htis from the bridge and decided to go on it later XDThank you Becky for making my Rumba Rapids ride fun XD If you read this.. well done =D And also another guy who was on Nemesis, called umm I can't remember. He had blonde spiky hair and glasses though, you were nice to talk to when I was waiting on the stairs in the queue :)

3) The Queue Time Board said 10 minutes for Colossus... When we got there the queue's were past the '60 Minutes From Here' stage, luckily we saw htis from the bridge and decided to go on it later XD

Well it was pretty short for a while so that would be why. Even though from what I saw it didn't look much less than 20. And what school do you go to? Must be pretty local if you have time to go to Thorpe Park after.Yeah also went todayQueue times posted by TimR seem fairly accurate from what I saw, some of the queue times you said were longer than the actual ones but thats probs the queue time boards.Ride Count-Nemesis- 1Stealth-1X:No Way out-1Flying Fish-1Loggers Leap-1Rumba Rapids-1Rush-1Samurai-1Zodiac-1Quantum-1Erm... yeah I think that was it... can never be sure tbh :)

2) I got cut by a leaf or a vine on Colossus just before the first corkscrew. It stopped bleeding after a few minutes but even now it's still stinging...

Ouch! Sorry to hear that!Staff do test the ride every morning with their arms out to check for things like that, so either:1) They didn't have their arms out2) They did but you have longer arms than them :P3) The wind was blowing differently (so it blew the tree away from them, or towards you)4) They didn't test it but this is very unlikely.Random bunch of theories there lol...I remember one time last year when I tested it, there was a branch from a tree after the second corkscrew...it didn't just hit my arm, oh no, it slapped me across the forehead! :) Obviously the ride didn't open until Landscaping came and chopped it down, we had to test it again to make sure it was gone.