Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Yes, I was at work today and our longest queue was 10 minutes for Tiny Truckers and Dragons Fury (same max queue length as Alton Towers).It was still sunny on our side of the M25 yet with none of the frankly ridiculous queue lengths.

I think the final gatecount was 6000 there or thereabouts, with most of them congregating on Colossus and slammer while saw had downtime because they are closest to saw, but at the same time, stealth had 20 min ques, which is the furthest ride from saw. It was exactly the same when stealth opened, it had the huge ques, with most of the rides closer to the dome getting the smaller times.

Surely the gatecount would be higher than that to reach those sort of queues? What are the queues like on Sunday at Chessington? (I.e your average sunday, nothing going on)

Depends on the weather really. I can't see any Chessington workers online so I will give it a go! :D Based on nice-ish weather...Dragon's Fury - 60 minsVampire - 45 minsDragon Falls - 10 minsTomb Blaster - 15 minsRattlesnake - 30 minsRunaway Train - 25 minsBubbleworks - 40 minsSeastorm - 20 minsHope this helps! :huh:

Basiclaly on any average Sunday the queue times for the main rides reach about 30 minutes. Seb's got it pretty much dead on except I would throw Runaway Train, Tiny Truckers, Tomb Blaster and Flying Jumbos into the mix.The difference between the parks though is that on an average friday (as yesterday was), rides like Slammer should not have a 40 minute queue. Considering last year was just as busy, Slammer's queue was rarely exceeding the 30 minute mark..If it truely was a 6000 gate figure then something really is wrong over at Thorpe.

Fridays have allways been a busy day for TP. I went on Tuesday, Saw opened late (around 12/1) Before then rides were pretty busy, inferno required the second train to be put on etc, but once saw opened (with an external q!) the rest of the park pretty much died.

Right.. trip report for today!Got to Thorpe for about quarter of an hour after opening, and went straight over to Stealth. It was dead over this side of the park and Stealth was a walk on for around an hour (hence why we stayed there for about an hour), included two "pole position" seats. :blink:Next was Rumba, again with no queue. It really hacks me off that they've removed the waterfall effect. They've actually physically removed the rock, so it won't be coming back. :PNext, over to Rush, and this is when the queues really started- Saw side of the park was ridiculously busy.Next Quantum :DThen Loggers Leap twice and Canada Creek railway.The lunch at Sainsburys in Staines (you don't get completely ripped off there).After lunch we did Loggers Leap another time, along with Rocky Express (Ryan is a wonderful ride host!)By this point (about 2ish), the rides were getting really really busy- there was even a huge queue for Slammer, which never happens. Queued 25 mins for Stealth, including a break down, and again at the front. But once we'd gotten off Stealth the queue had rocketed up to 70 mins. We just took it easy for a couple of hours going on all the rather tame rides, but rides with no queues, and finished with Colossus, 3 more Loggers Leap rounds, and Saw (which they keep open until dead on 6, meaning we didn't actually get on the ride until 7).Seriously, if you're planning a trip to Thorpe in the near future, do not go anywhere near Saw at the start of the day- stay over Amity Cove way and you won't go wrong. For the first few hours you will pretty much have that side of the park to yourself, and really, Saw's pretty mediocre at best and certainly not worth a 3 hour wait which it was today. If you want Saw then queue for it right at the end of the day. Also, if you run our of money for whatever reason, go on Loggers, because there is ALWAYS money lying in the boat at the front! :PGreat day, and no dissappointments at all! (WOW!)Ride Count:Stealth: 6- ish?Saw: 1Rumba: 1Loggers Leap: 6Canada Creek RW: 1Colossus: 1Rush: 1Quantum: 2Rocky Express: 2Sainsburys: 1I think that's it...Longest queue of the day: 1 hour and 10 mins for Saw.Shortest: 0 mins

Wow, thanks John, I will take those points in and use them on my next visit, how long did Amity Cove and that side of the park, stay quiet for? and did Nemesis Inferno stay quiet?Thanks in advance.

Well, Stealth stayed at 0 minutes until about half 10 ish, but there weren't any serious queues until after lunch over that side of the park. Literally, you could walk straight onto a train without stopping over and over again. :blink:Queue times peaked over on the Amity side of the park at around 1-2ish.I find Nemesis boring, but I can only assume that it also had no queue until the same sort of times. As far as I'm aware Nemesis peaked at 40 minutes (at about 2 ish) which really isn't bad...As a contrast, Colossus was at 99 minutes for a good part of the day, just because it's close to Saw! :huh:

As a contrast, Colossus was at 99 minutes for a good part of the day, just because it's close to Saw! :huh:

That's what I found on Friday, also, Slammer and (when it is open) Samurai will also have very big ques. They'll die down as time passes though and come this time next year they will not be as high as what we have seen.

Well, Stealth stayed at 0 minutes until about half 10 ish, but there weren't any serious queues until after lunch over that side of the park. Literally, you could walk straight onto a train without stopping over and over again. :blink:Queue times peaked over on the Amity side of the park at around 1-2ish.I find Nemesis boring, but I can only assume that it also had no queue until the same sort of times. As far as I'm aware Nemesis peaked at 40 minutes (at about 2 ish) which really isn't bad...As a contrast, Colossus was at 99 minutes for a good part of the day, just because it's close to Saw! :huh:

Where are all these 99's coming from?! Colossus doesn't have a 88 queue line board. It usually goes 90,95,100 up in 5s basically!

Where are all these 99's coming from?! Colossus doesn't have a 88 queue line board. It usually goes 90,95,100 up in 5s basically!

Well, for some reason this season, the queue line board can't go into 3 digits, basically meaning that it can't go above 99 minutes. So even if the queue was actually 2 hours, the board still says 99 minutes... It's a bit ridiculous really. Saw's queue board can go into 3 digits, and it's a good job really!

Well, for some reason this season, the queue line board can't go into 3 digits, basically meaning that it can't go above 99 minutes. So even if the queue was actually 2 hours, the board still says 99 minutes... It's a bit ridiculous really. Saw's queue board can go into 3 digits, and it's a good job really!

We are still talking about the LED signs like on Nemesis Inferno, Stealth and of course Flying Fish! :blink:

Well I guess its regular sunday business. And of course with thie beautiful weather atm that must have some input into the business.Nemesis was being run excellently today! They were dispatching trains before the one before had reached the brakes. The queue seemed pretty short all day and was moving at a good pace to.

Another thing, and this may just be me, but I noticed a lot of older staff, which was actually rather nice, because unlike some of the younger cast members who rush through everything, they took their time in checking everything was done up and secure.

You say that, but you then go on to say how the queue times where ridiculously long. The younger staff do not 'rush' they are doing a good job in reducing the queue times to make your life easier. They do check that the restraints are secured and fastened but do it quickly, big difference.

I am expecting small queues in September, as its the month after the Summer holidays kids are back at school and people are back at work, and people will mainly be waiting for Fright Nights (people without AP's).Oh and Josey, how do you know that Jack wasn't educated in a private school?

Next was Rumba, again with no queue. It really hacks me off that they've removed the waterfall effect. They've actually physically removed the rock, so it won't be coming back. :P

I wouldn't say they "removed it" as such :DI went yesterday with Marc. Got on a lot because I'm "magic" haha. Did Stealth about 6 times (where Marc commented on Rob's nice legs :blink: ) and SAW 4 times. Colossus and Rush twice. Quantum was poo because Rob sat me next to my worst enemies ¬_¬The worst point of the day (apart from Quantum) was me forgetting I'd put my bag in the left hand side of the bag cupboard on Colossus, and I thought it had been stolen!The highlight was throwing someone's sock into the lake and hearing it plop :P I am easily amused!And we were on the very last ride of the day on SAW!

Take note of this...If you don't mind going by yourself on SAW (ie - Single Rider) and don't mind mising on the experience, etc. and you want to use SRQ for a minimal wait, go at the beginning of the day. Not many people know about SRQ at this time of the day (or know if it is open). Therefore, queue is empty practically. You can therefore get a good two rides in about 15 minutes. You could then also do Samurai at the beginning of the day before it gets long queues. This then means you get SAW and Samurai out of the way. Then, go over to Stealth / Inferno, the queues will probably only be 20 minutes max, but likely to be near walk-ons.

I think the final gatecount was 6000 there or thereabouts, with most of them congregating on Colossus and slammer while saw had downtime because they are closest to saw, but at the same time, stealth had 20 min ques, which is the furthest ride from saw. It was exactly the same when stealth opened, it had the huge ques, with most of the rides closer to the dome getting the smaller times.

The gate figure on friday was a quite abit more than 6 thousand.... Just so everyone is aware the quit days are 'usually' tuesday to thursday.

:blink:It was Marc's idea, I couldn't have given a s**t.But that's not me being horrible either. I mean I thought I may as well stay with everyone til the end of the day cos at the time we joined the queue, Rob wouldn't have finished work and I'm not going to stand around in the car park like a **** on my own :blink: I'm not that much of a fangirl anymore since working at Thorpe. Before I worked there yeah I would have overjoyed to be on the last ride. Yes I was a complete loser back in those days. But not now.So there :P