VIP Day

James_C

Seems like @THORPEPARK took my suggestion from the Questions to THORPE PARK forum. I think they owe me 10% of profits from these days...which looking at the prices 10% will pay me alot!

http://www.thorpepark.com/plan-your-visit/vip-your-day.aspx

The Ultimate VIP Experience - £454.99
  • Entry to Thorpe Park
  • Priority parking
  • Personal VIP Host
  • First ride of the day on the ride of your choice
  • Unlimited VIP ride access
  • All Day Dining, butler service and reservations at any of our food outlets
  • Exclusive photo package (6 souvenir photos + 6 digital downloads)
  • Belongings storage
  • Gift bag
  • Exclusive backstage tour
  • Harnessed ride lift hill walk

Dont worry, that is the most expensive package...they start at £50 :)

I did one of these at Kings Island a few years ago now...

It was basically the same thing, only no lift hill tour... And for about $300 a head... And ice cream included (they have famous blue ice cream for some reason)...

Be interesting to see how much take up there is on the full package, because it is a lot of money... Though I'd love to see a butler service in KFC...

I noticed these had appeared towards the end of season (apart from the £50 ones). Yes, they're expensive, but I bet some people will do it; after all, not many people should be able to access a VIP experience. The £50 ones seem okay and will probably be quite popular considering, though!

Nice to see the park doing more and more out of hours stuff.

The sort of people that would purchase the premium package, they're either beyond awesome or the very worst sort of people in the country. It'll be fascinating to discover which.

Having done sommat to this degree before, I'm most certainly the former B)

Though it was very awkward when we were effectively asked at every ride "Which row do you want" and then proceeded to annoy several Americans... I wonder if Thorpe will limit the row choosing to front or rows reserved for exit riders...

Backstage will probably literally be workshops and control boxes... With an engineer/TL around to explain the finer points in their lives working on the rides...

This does remind me though, really need to get on a Tower of Terror backstage tour next time I visit Paris...