FlowRider

Marc

People only thought it was with three people because that's what someone put on here, not because they think they know how to operate one! 10 does seem excesive to me, sounds like a lot of waiting about between goes, but without having done it I suppose I wouldn't know.

People only thought it was with three people because that's what someone put on here, not because they think they know how to operate one! 10 does seem excesive to me, sounds like a lot of waiting about between goes, but without having done it I suppose I wouldn't know.

On the body boards 2 can go on at a time meaning that wait time is pretty much cut in half. Unless thorpe are only letting on 1 at a time for bodyboards I wouldn't know.

You are very misguided if you think the max on a flowrider was 3 people. I work on a Flowrider in my home town and I know EVERY flowrider on the planet has a max session capacity of 10, sometimes 12 on larger flowriders. It's not so that Thorpe can rake money of of people. From my experience I know that all even if fully booked can get a good 10+ goes on the thing which in the case of flowriders is good value considering some charge the same price as thorpe is offering for an hour or less, most people I have taught on their haven't really cared that they were with other random people, and all that I have had so far have enjoyed it. Thorpe bringing in one of those I feel is still a great Idea, seems very popular which doesn't surprise me and trust me you can get a good few go's put of it! :)

Someone posted on here that it was 3 people at a time, so I just assumed it was 3 at a time.

There are hour slots, so I think 10 people in one hour isn't worth it, you aren't going to get very long at all.

Someone posted on here that it was 3 people at a time, so I just assumed it was 3 at a time.

There are hour slots, so I think 10 people in one hour isn't worth it, you aren't going to get very long at all.

I thought it was said it was an hour and a half? Plus bodyboards are usually 2 at a time so the queue is pretty minimal anyway (don't know if thorpe only does it 1 at a time though). I can see why it would put you off but it seems from what I have seen to be doing very well for its self, I'm sure if there was enough interest they would bring it back next year, Maybe if people say they want it to be in a smaller groups for more goes for next year thorpe might act on that, although is it a case of a separate company operating it at the park or has thorpe fully hired it so they can do what they want with grouping and pricing schemes?

• 2 months later...