Logger's Leap

Garyy

Personally, while it would disappoint most that the tunnel drop on Loggers is comparable to drop one on The Flume; I can't see it being replaced. It's been there for years and Loggers has never had a retheme so I'm doubtful they will rebuild a tunnel that previously has been awkwardly small to walk in and smells. In the ease of it they'll probably leave it semi-enclosed (no roof) as simply I doubt the general public really care.

Being honest, I don't really care about the tunnel :P

Who needs atmosphere and themeing anyways! That Disney place don't understand guest needs and wants at all... Thorpe are TRULY done with the kids... All the way from SHOUTING THEIR MARKETING to not bothering to maintain stuff...

Seriously, this is like, the PERFECT chance to improve on something that adds to the ride... Too small and smelly? Well that's what maintenance and renovation is all about... Add to the experience of the ride... Otherwise Thorpe are essentially just going to become Six Flags/Cedar Fair UK... This is not a good thing...

Don't mistake me Benin, I do agree that it would be a shame to remove the very little theming of Loggers; and I do agree that maintenance has to be carried out to maintain theming, but I really can't understand in my head how you can make the tunnel bigger around the lift with the limited space (as the tunnel is built into a mound of soil really).

In all honesty though, I can't justify why Thorpe would fix something like the tunnel, when Flume and Falls both get away with having identical drops outdoors and nobody complains. Yes, its an element to the ride; but, this is Thorpe we're referring to sadly..

Personally, while it would disappoint most that the tunnel drop on Loggers is comparable to drop one on The Flume; I can't see it being replaced. It's been there for years and Loggers has never had a retheme so I'm doubtful they will rebuild a tunnel that previously has been awkwardly small to walk in and smells. In the ease of it they'll probably leave it semi-enclosed (no roof) as simply I doubt the general public really care.

Being honest, I don't really care about the tunnel :P

To be honest I love loggers and thought it was the best log flume (excluding Valhalla and tidal wave as they are not really log flumes) in the UK because of the amazing double-drop and the pitch black drop. Without the tunnel the ride would become average in my eyes.

Edited by Tommy

Wow. Difference between enthusiast and ride staff really do stick out badly here.

Just because it can function without a tunnel, doesn't mean it shouldn't be in a tunnel. Just because it's had to be removed due to lack of maintenance, doesn't mean it's "H&S", it'll be entirely down to lack of budget or unwillingness to maintain it. Just because the ride hasn't been rethemed, doesn't mean it won't get money to maintain itself.

This is the reason why thorpe, and to a lesser extent other merlin parks, fail compared to other parks which actually care.

Loggers Leap was designed with this enclosed lift/drop in mind. Comparing to The Flume is pointless, when that ride was designed with an open lift and enclosed drop. In addition, The Flume has 3 drops - not 2. A ride should really operate how it was intended. If a roof is condemned, get a new roof. If the fog lights both went on my car, sure I could manage without them. But I would replace them.

Loggers is one of, if not the best, log flume in the UK based on the second drop alone - it's just a shame that it basically stinks of mould and has seen no decent amount of refurbishment in a long, long time.

Loggers Leap was designed with this enclosed lift/drop in mind. Comparing to The Flume is pointless, when that ride was designed with an open lift and enclosed drop. In addition, The Flume has 3 drops - not 2. A ride should really operate how it was intended. If a roof is condemned, get a new roof. If the fog lights both went on my car, sure I could manage without them. But I would replace them.

Loggers is one of, if not the best, log flume in the UK based on the second drop alone - it's just a shame that it basically stinks of mould and has seen no decent amount of refurbishment in a long, long time.

Yes I do agree that the second drop is fantastic, and just wondered one thing, since the new cars arrived I got the old cars without the modified seating! Anyone know why this is? Thanks very much

Wow. Difference between enthusiast and ride staff really do stick out badly here.

And once again his lordship comes in and throws his weight around..

1. I'm not Rides staff

2. I'm stating an opinion not fact

3. I have reason to my opinion just as anybody else does

Now grow up and stop pointing the finger. Opinions are opinions and everyone is entitled to them.

They will only have a couple of the new boats on the system as they're only modified to allow children of a smaller height onto the boat - I think they seat less adults as a result as well?

This was one of the things I never thought they'd bother with - but imagine it was a funding from central merlin seeing as all three Mack flumes received these boats.

Just because it can function without a tunnel, doesn't mean it shouldn't be in a tunnel. Just because it's had to be removed due to lack of maintenance, doesn't mean it's "H&S", it'll be entirely down to lack of budget or unwillingness to maintain it. Just because the ride hasn't been rethemed, doesn't mean it won't get money to maintain itself.

This is the reason why thorpe, and to a lesser extent other merlin parks, fail compared to other parks which actually care.

I think all the Merlin parks are exactly the same to be fair, maybe all in different ways but they all show a possible lack of budgets what they really need (Alton with awful open times, Thorpe with things like this and CWOA's just general lack of investment)

Agree with this, whilst I dont think loggers needs a huge amount of refurbishment (the ride generally works quite well and looks fine too) things like this are really frustrating if the tunnel does need work and the answer to it is to just remove it.

I said merlin to a lesser extent - as there's been examples at the other parks where you do see stuff being replaced even if they don't exactly need to be there.

Thorpe doesn't seem to have this same attitude as the other parks, whether it's down to pure budgets or whether there's a different mindset.. who knows. It's actually a pretty grown up thing to point this out really ;)

However, it obviously is doable otherwise it wouldn't exist or the ride wouldn't continue to run!

Thanks for stating the obvious! Yes, obviously it is do-able; and in no occurrence did I say it wasn't; however things often change for various reasons. If a roof has to be replaced, Thorpe are not likely to look at it and go "Oh wow, we have to replace this roof lets just do it to keep Thorpe Park Mania happy" they have to look at the whole picture. It's like saying that Tesco are going to open a shop for the sake of opening a shop, it doesn't happen like that. They'll presumably be looking at the overall picture; if a roof has to be taken away and it gives more clearance between the ride and the roof, which in the long run is presumably more beneficial for the ride in general, even if it does come at the expense of the tunnel.

People on here seem to make it out like Thorpe are removing it for the sake of removing it; wake up people. Even Merlin aren't that stupid.

Obviously they do have the choice of being able to improve clearance of the tunnel if it needs replacing - but as is mentioned in this topic, obviously funds do not seemingly exist for this - it'd naturally cost more to increase clearance due to more materials being used.

Which leads meaning it'd only be cost efficient to replace it like-for-like. As the tunnel hasn't been removed previously, it means that clearance is obviously perfectly acceptable otherwise it'dve been removed or ride stopped operating.

This means it's purely down to lack of maintenance, or lack of effort to change like-for-like. We've gone full circle, without need of post above ;).