Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

I know that Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris may not be the most epic ride in the world, but being beaten by Cobra at Paulton's Park?!?!? o.OIs this some kind of joke... Please tell me it is :)

Theme Park review hate Vekoma. It didn't stand a chance.

Theme Park review hate Vekoma. It didn't stand a chance.

That... And it tries to attempt brain surgery in the worst way possible :PPlus, themed experiences don't get highly rated... Revenge of the Mummy is 73 for crying out loud... Atlantis Adventure is the highest "exceptionally themed" experience, and who bums that? Oh yeah... :)EDIT - Sod it, Pegasus (EP) is 258 places too low... What a crap poll...

Plus, themed experiences don't get highly rated... Revenge of the Mummy is 73 for crying out loud... Atlantis Adventure is the highest "exceptionally themed" experience, and who bums that? Oh yeah... :)EDIT - Sod it, Pegasus (EP) is 258 places too low... What a crap poll...

Just saw that everest is at 91. TPR :)

Another point... Kawasemi and Piraten are clones...How does that work when other clones get clumped together?EDIT - Actually, why are some clones allowed and some aren't? No bloody sense at all that makes as the two Rock n Roller Coasters are separate... Yet the Batmans aren't?Consistency... :)

I think you guys are being very negative about a ride you've not ridden yet! :mellow:Yes, it looks slow in videos, and for those that are saying that more tweaking is to come on American forums are just trying to kid themselves out of their own disappointment here.Busch and Seaworld are parks that focus on the spirituality of animals and create experiences to bring us closer to them both physically, and emotionally in order for us to learn more about them. For instance, Manta at Sea World, whilst not being the most intense ride out there, with exception of that pretzel loop, the whole experience is geared towards an intimate experience with the Manta Ray and simulates the beauty of "flight".Also bear in mind that Cheetah Hunt, from the start, has set out to be a family- thrill ride. The height restriction is 48 inches (1.22 metres), which will enable a large number of children from perhaps 7 and upwards, to ride this coaster. The marketing for this ride has all been focused upon the simulation of the speed and agility of the Cheetah and it's sister attraction- Cheetah Run, brings us closer to those Cheetah's in a similar way to Manta's walk-through attraction.Nothing about this project from official sources has stated that this ride will be extreme and intense, the language officials have been using has been very much about exhilaration, the beauty of the Cheetah and the interaction between the ride and these animals, this is because they want families to ride and enjoy it together. Any misconceptions about this ride being the most extreme and intense experience of their lives have been from fanboys around the world who have been hyping this up to be something that it was never going to be.

Apparently the speed is 60mph...

Yep sorry your right. But that is to crawl up to the figure of 8 loop. Once it has plunged from that point there is an airtime element and then some sort of twisty thing before an MCBR. Then it is 40mph for the other two launches which makes the rest look very YAWN.

^ The first launch is 30mph, which gets it over that turn at the start of that testing video. It then plunges into a trench where it then launches to 60mph and races to the top of the tower. After the figure of 8 at the top of the tower, it then plunges into another trench, does an air-time hill, Rita style, plunges into another trench and then does that inclined corkscrew.After the MCBR, the pace slows a little whilst it does some twists in the old Rhino Ralley water section. The illusion was supposed to be that the water is running in the opposite direction to which you're travelling so it looks like you're going faster along the water. After that, it then launches 40mph into an air time hill, does some more twists and then goes into the brakes.

I think you guys are being very negative about a ride you've not ridden yet! :mellow:

You are Robb Alvey and I claim my 5 pounds!And this goes about the same speed as Rita... It could still well be rough... This just doesn't look... Interesting... The balance of actual layout is random... The figure is only designed with being a marker in mind... It just an absolute random concuction of ideas thrown together...All for experience rides but... At the end it's still a roller coaster, and you don't expect it to go at speeds I could walk faster than in most sections...

You are Robb Alvey and I claim my 5 pounds!And this goes about the same speed as Rita... It could still well be rough... This just doesn't look... Interesting... The balance of actual layout is random... The figure is only designed with being a marker in mind... It just an absolute random concuction of ideas thrown together...All for experience rides but... At the end it's still a roller coaster, and you don't expect it to go at speeds I could walk faster than in most sections...

DON'T MAKE THORPE PARK MANIA LOOK STUPID!

You are Robb Alvey and I claim my 5 pounds!

Phaha, no, I just love all themed attractions, regardless of manufacturer, and I'm passionate about the emotions that such attractions put people through.I agree, some aspects of the coaster do seem a bit strange, but I respect that it's different and I really want it to work and succeed. Not only for the park but for my own selfish enjoyment and that of others.Hopefully we'll get some early reviews soon, as employees have started riding it. Much like how reviews of the new Star Tours have emerged. :mellow:

Nemesis is now at #5 due to some late ballots being added to the poll.:mellow:

Just backtracking a bit, is anyone else just a little bit chuffed that Nemesis does so well every single year. It's the oldest ride in the top 10, it's the best rated B&M and the best rated looping rollercoaster. There's a reason why Nemesis is considered to be one of the best rollercoasters created and its testament to Tussauds ambition in the 90's to create the best they possibly could.Well done Nemesis, you are awesome. B)

Busch Gardens Williamsburg's new coaster for 2012 will be named Verbolten and manufactured by..................ZiererOhMyGod!

Zierer... Oh. My. Gawwd. :mellow: WHY? Zierer aren't really known for creating the best of all rides and this has came as a bit of a shock as Busch Gardens are usually known for buying two coasters of the same type for a both parks, I.e. Alpengeist and Montu, Kumba and Drachen Fire, Griffon and SheiKra, Loch Ness Monster and Python. But then there is Cheetah Hunt which is made by Intamin and most people were probably expecting another Intamin at BGW for 2012, as they said it was going to be a multi-launch coaster many months back. I think the theming in the plans does look good, and somewhere on ScreamScape they think it may also contain a Th13teen style drop section too, as there is an indoor section which looks like it could possibly include this. The only other major coaster I know that Zierer have ever made is Wicked at Lagoon (video below) and that doesn't even look that good, they mostly make smaller kiddie coasters or flat rides like waveswingers. It's good BGW are getting the expansion, but I just really hope it doesn't turn out like another Drachen Fire... I'd love to know the reason why they didn't pick Intamin for the job though, as that is very unlike Busch, but they are now owned by SeaWorld/Blackstone so this may be the reason. Wicked at Lagoon.