Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

Remember Merlin's I-Walk Orlando plans? Well...

Universal Studios is suing three companies that plan to build a brand new entertainment complex along International Drive. It would be called I-Walk.Last week, Universal filed a federal lawsuit against Unicorp USA, Merlin Entertainments Group, and Circle Entertainment. Universal claims these companies are trying to capitalize on City Walk's name and success.The companies plan to build an entertainment complex at the site of a former shopping and dining complex called Mercado.The lawsuit alleges trademark infringement and unfair competition.According to Universal’s suit, the I-Walk name will likely cause confusion and it deceives consumers. But some people WFTV spoke to didn’t think so. "I-Walk and City Walk are too different. One has a C. One has an I," said Orlando Resident Beatrice Vidal.WFTV made the drive between the two locations and it is just under three miles away. Universal is concerned that people will be more likely to confuse two places with similar names when they are so close."I don't necessarily think it's ridiculous because it could take some of their business away from them," said one tourist.A Universal spokesman said the theme park would not comment beyond the filing. He said it speaks for itself.The president of Unicorp USA told WFTV he was confident the issue would be resolved amicably.

SourceHmmm!

This sort of thing makes me want to hate the American way, how stupid. The name is not even that close, how many street names in the Orlando area end in 'walk'? Have they all got to change too? But maybe it is a good opportunity to change it? I think I-walk is an awful name, it just sounds wrong.

Fuji-Queue Highland's :( new Eurofighter has now had the main of it completed, the ride will also contain a launched section, as well as the lift and holding brake, the element that everyone has been wondering what is called has been nicknamed by some as a "dog's tongue"It is still not known whether or not the coaster will start with the launch, go through some elements and then go back round to the lift, or vice-a-versa. The launch tunnel can be seen here at the front, with the lift and holding brake to the back of the picture.Posted ImageThe fully completed Lift, Holding Brake, and Brakes.Posted Image

I'm really looking forward to it; I love Busch Gardens, it's a brilliant park. No I think you're going to beat me to it Adam! I go on the 7th August and will probably be at Busch Gardens around the 14th/ 15th.Who's up for a TPM meet-up? There are a few of us going! :)

Ah cool! I'm a Busch n00b, it'll be my first time at the park, even though it's my fourth time in Florida! Well no spoilers eh, don't want to know what happens :) If we overlap and I can get a few hours to myself then sure! ;)

I'm very impressed that Nemesis is in there year in, year out though. To be fair it's the only one that deserves to be in the top 10. :)

Edited for accuracy...In actual seriousness, why is it that all the Intamin airtime machines actually get so much love? Millenium Force and Expedition GeForce are both very over-rated and are certainly not top 10 material...EDIT - More to say...There is a gap of 70 places between Nemesis (UK #1) and Stealth (UK #2)... That shows a lot of things really about the quality of our rides, especially as Oblvion (#3) is followed by Speed at Oakwood... That, or shows the bias of the thing...PLUS, they still think all Mauer Sohne spinners are the SAME! Stupid poll...Mirabilandia has two in the top 10... A park which no-one on here seems to have even been to (aside from NeilFever)... Which leads me to believe why it's so highly rated... Hear nothing about the actual park but Katun and iSpeed are amazing apparently...Just meh... Intamin the best coaster manufacturer? When the top 3 have all had some problems associated with them? Do me a favour...

There is a gap of 70 places between Nemesis (UK #1) and Stealth (UK #2)... That shows a lot of things really about the quality of our rides, especially as Oblvion (#3) is followed by Speed at Oakwood... That, or shows the bias of the thing....

I don't think it shows anything about the quality of our rides to be honest. Fury would be right up there (as it was on the single year that it was included in the poll) and TPR are certainly not indicative of quality rides.

Fury would be right up there (as it was on the single year that it was included in the poll) and TPR are certainly not indicative of quality rides.

PLUS, they still think all Mauer Sohne spinners are the SAME! Stupid poll...

I put this forward on Coasterforce last year as was told that it was because the all their spinners are too alike to each other that they don't deserve their own place, by an American...It's just the Americans in general...And I know TPR aren't any good, but it pisses me off how sheep-like some enthusiasts are (and not just TPR)...