Fright Nights 2015

spoon

I believe it's supposed to be 10 minutes

The time slots are in 10 minutes, so my guess would be 10 minutes or less.

I know that the time slots say ten minutes but on the description when buying tickets it says you go into four haunt rooms, which would suggest that you would have 5-10 minutes to escape one room before moving onto the next room and so on.

What exactly is Reserve N' Ride like? I know what it is and I've heard that it can create lots of issues but can someone explain exactly what they are without getting too heating or anything haha?

Also, when Reserve N' Ride is running on the park, do you still have the option to use a normal stand-by queue (for people who don't have smartphones, for example)?

What exactly is Reserve N' Ride like? I know what it is and I've heard that it can create lots of issues but can someone explain exactly what they are without getting too heating or anything haha?

Also, when Reserve N' Ride is running on the park, do you still have the option to use a normal stand-by queue (for people who don't have smartphones, for example)?

*The following post comes from someone is vaguely supports RnR as an idea*

-One the biggest issues with RnR is the question of what to do whilst you're virtually waiting.  Since RnR usually operates on the most popular and highest throughput attractions, the worry is that many of filler rides won't be able to cope with the new-found popularity.  

-Another issue is that there can be a real wait after you've done your virtual waiting.  The theory, I believe, is that once you've done the virtual waiting and joined the real queue, you should be on the ride within 15 minutes.  But a mixture of technical problems with the system, lack of knowledge of the system, and stand-by queues operating mean this can be longer.  

-Another problem with the idea is that some see it as not answering the problem of sorting out ride throughputs and operational efficiency.  Rather than making things better, they've just moved the problem elsewhere.

I personally feel like there are solutions to many of the above problems (which I have mentioned in the past), but won't go into them now to avoid heated discussion. ;)

Stand-by queues will still be running for the next trial. :)

Ahh okay, thanks for clearing that up!

This will be the first time for me using RnR, so I hope it's running smoothly!

I do think that the system would be beneficial for the scaremazes, as they get very long, very boring queues, leaving people disappointed and annoyed about how long they had to queue for what is sometimes a mediocre experience (e.g Saw:Alive the past couple of years). However, scaremazes are very inconsistent with throughout as it very much varies depending on how quickly people are moving through the maze as to when they can release the next group (and also becausee group sizes can vary), so the RnR system may not work out too well, should they be operating it for the scaremazes. Hopefully they work something out. :)

I have never used reserve n ride. But I will be using it this fright nights. However, from observing all the chat from it, the people who defend it generally misuse it (going in larger groups and spamming it) whereas individuals dislike it. There does seem to be a slight balance of opinion. But, during busy fright nights last year, I don't think anyone disagreed that it aggravated the situation and caused more problems.

For anyone who has used fast track on any of the mazes how long is the fastrack queue

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

For a serious answer, it's hard to say since Fastrack queue times depend on the normal queue time. Further uncertainty about the time is added by the use of RnR.

In all honesty, you shouldn't need to buy Fastrack. You'll want be able to do all five mazes if you want to.

For anyone who has used fast track on any of the mazes how long is the fastrack queue

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

It depends on the staff. Like last year on MBV when I went they were just getting rid of the fast track queue as soon as possible, as soon as people came they let them straight on, very annoying as what was meant to be a 20 minute queue turned into an hour.

Studio 13 with a fast track I queued 40 minutes even though the main queue was 40 mins. We complained and got a fast track for saw alive. We queued 10 minutes and the main queue was an hour.

Well I'm defo not buying

That wasn't intended as completely serious, but I have seen a very long Fastrack queue complaints of it taking over an hour due to overselling on numerous occasions.

^ That happened to me as well on My Bloody Valentine with the queue taking 140 minutes instead of the advertised 60 due to Fastrack being let on - if I remember correctly, they were batching 4 Fastrack groups to 1 from the main queue.

I'm sure that this won't be an issue this year though as "they have passed on feedback to the relevant department"...

At least that's what they told everyone last year!

^ That happened to me as well on My Bloody Valentine with the queue taking 140 minutes instead of the advertised 60 due to Fastrack being let on - if I remember correctly, they were batching 4 Fastrack groups to 1 from the main queue.

I'm sure that this won't be an issue this year though as "they have passed on feedback to the relevant department"...

At least that's what they told everyone last year!

Lol the board said 30 minutes but the queues was just at the shop (so 1 straight line) so I thought it would be like 10 minutes, we asked and they said 20. It was the slowest moving queue I think I've been in, as soon as people with Fast track came in the queue they just let them straight on, then when we got to the front there was a leak to had to wait another15 minutes for that to be sorted  :lol: Couldn't imagine being in that queue on a busy day.

Last year, I queued over 120 mins for MBV even though the wait was advertised as 60. Probably one of the most slowest moving queues I have ever been in, lets hope they sort that out this year. however we did well with the other mazes, only queued about 20 minutes for S13 as I went there at 3, did RnR for both cabin and saw and queued around 30 mins which I didn't think was too bad. We went to BWP right at the end and walked straight on  and ended up being one of my most favourite mazes, probably as I wasn't expecting it to be that good. I thought it was very underrated.