Is Alton Still Going To Be No.1 In 5 Years Time?

richy2001

• 7 months later...

I agree with people saying th No.1 spot is an opinion rather than a rating, all three are great parks because they are individual, if they were like six flags or disney they would be boring, because they are all the same.I like the fact that If I were taking my little nephew out, I could go to chessington, well themed and fun, if I were going alone or with mates, I can go to thorpe park - not as well themed, but the mix of rides compensates that, or if I wanted to get out of london for the weekend, I can go to alton towers, which is like a chessington and thorpe park fusion mix - which means you get thrill rides and great themeing.

Tbh I think alton definetely has the potential to remain the no1 theme park. As people say thorpe, chessington and alton are all great in their own individual ways. Alton stands no1 because it has many family rides which are very well themed such as Chessington, but it also caters for thrill seekers with some of the UK's if not the worlds top coasters. It seems like a while since a thrill ride arrived at alton so would be nice to see another thrill ride on the way.

• 4 months later...

Are you guys like under the age of 5??????? your all bloody complaining about there being too many thrill attractions?????????? in my opinion theres never too many thrill attractions and theme parks should be designed for over 7 year olds. Although I love both thorpe park and alton towers thorpe park is better and should be number 1 because theres more high adreniline attractions!

Are you guys like under the age of 5??????? your all bloody complaining about there being too many thrill attractions?????????? in my opinion theres never too many thrill attractions and theme parks should be designed for over 7 year olds. Although I love both thorpe park and alton towers thorpe park is better and should be number 1 because theres more high adreniline attractions!

No, unlike you we are all above the age of 5, infact we have an average age of six. Sorry, but you asked to be trolled.

No-ones complaining. Family rides are more fun then thrill rides will ever be regardless of how intense a ride is. Obviously we're all under 5 so we are silly.

Agreed.People, together as families are much more likely to enjoy a day at Alton over Thorpe.As much as I love Thorpe Park, Alton is, undeniably, better. It attracts families, thrill seekers and the younger children.I could drive 45 mins to Thorpe with my friends on thursday but there's a reason we're going Alton.As someone said earlier, a day at Alton is padded out. There's so much more to see and do. Thorpe, after so many hours, gets quite boring...Alton Towers = Number 1, with Thorpe just behind.

• 2 weeks later...

If it's to still be number 1 in 5 years it needs to add a couple more major coasters or thrill rides! The developmet of Alton Towers has stalled somewhat since the opening of Rita, and that was abit of an anti-climax after all the hype! They still need to proceed with the idea of the large woody, I'm not sure if this has been given the thumbs up from the local council yet. And if Thorpe Park continues to grow at the rate it is I can see it becomming a bigger and better park by 2020! :D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Alton has more coasters. If you compare them to Thorpe's, which is very hard because I'm bound to get abuse because I didn't match them up correctly they would probably be better!!Nemesis v Nemesis Inferno, I'd say NemesisColossus v Air, I'd say ColossusRita v Stealth, I'd say StealthNemesis v Colossus, I'd say NemesisOblivion v Stealth, I'd say StealthRita v Nemesis Inferno, I'd say RitaThose are only a couple of competitions, I can't be stuffed to do the rest. I think Alton Towers will still be no. 1

I feel Alton will be number 1 for a while yet, but Thorpe Park will become a much closer competitor. Plus Alton havn't had something massive and new in aaaaages for thrill seekers, starting to put long-time thrill seekers off Alton and towards Thorpe.

It already is a much closer competitor! I agree that Alton Towers havnt built a good thrill ride in ages and seem to have added alot of kiddy rides! I predict that Alton Towers will still be number 1 in 5 yrs but I think Thorpe Prk will be number 1 in 10 yrs. :P

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alton Towers will always be number one, it has the best atmosphere around the park and the gardens/ towers. Theme parks aren't always just about the rides and Alton Towers creates the ultimate magical experience whereas THORPE PARK is a number of rides which have been built with little or no atmosphere or surroundings...

There is something very special about Alton Towers which entitles it to the no1 spot. I don't think thorpe park will ever overtake Alton, Alton has the whole package, thrills, great atmosphere, some good themeing and really just something for everyone! Not to say thorpe park or chessington or any other park doesn't have that but Alton really does seem to be quite a magical place.

• 2 weeks later...

It all depends on what your basing this on, I think as an overall experience Alton Towers will still be number 1 because it has a better atmosphere than the other theme parks in the UK, what with it's beautiful gardens and well themed areas. But if your talking about purely a selection of rides than I think Thorpe Park will boast the best selection, infact in my opinion it already does. :P