Rameses Revenge

Dan9

They have let me down because yet again they have repaired a ride that is old, worn out, looks bad, and is no more popular.

Honestly, is it any wonder Chessington isn't receiving the level of investments it's crying out for when they hold on to stuff like that. Older rides like Black Bucaneer and Vampire are more popular and reliable, and are worth holding onto. But Rameses' is well past its time. Give me the keys to a demolition digger any day and I'll glady rip it out myself.

when_someone_is_delusional.gif

This makes me want to post my favourite animated gif of Kimberley Walsh :wub: , but that would be completely off topic...

kimbrella6so.gif

Anyway - hurrah for Ramases and Chessington fixing things! It's a similar situation to Slammer, in that I'm sure they will look at the costs of maintenance this year and if it's costing too much and doesn't fit in with the budget, it'll go. Merlin aren't going to rip out rides just for the hell of it...

You can't have the feeling of Chessington letting you down then, if you deep down knew it wouldn't be removed. :closedeyes:

You don't understand, I'm disappointed it's still there. Simples.

This makes me want to post my favourite animated gif of Kimberley Walsh :wub: , but that would be completely off topic...

kimbrella6so.gif

It would appear there is a lot of lust for Girls Aloud lately.

Chessington is a family park, not a kids park. And therefore should cater for everyone.

It'll lead those children waiting to be tall enough to be able to ride something bigger, whilst giving some fun to the older kids who probably don't enjoy berry bouncers half as much as they used to.

Regardless of age, it would be a big loss if it were removed. It is a major ride at Chessington and is perhaps one of the only major thrill rides there since the departure of Samurai.

Besides, the likelihood is, if it were demolished the chances are it wouldn't be replaced in a hurry or simply left SBNO.

It would be more beneficial to keep it running until a worthy replacement is confirmed.

It was for a few years. Then it wasn't for another few years. Now it is somewhere in the middle.

But there is no such thing as "the thrill market" really. And I imagine the majority of visitors at Chessington are over 1.4m so there will always be people who can/want to ride it. Not all children are under 1.4m anyway.

And Chessington aren't trying to appeal to "the RideAddict market" so they shouldn't care less whether they have disappointed you by fixing one of their rides.

Let's go back to the days of the park adding Hocus Pocus Hall, Land of the Dragons and Peeking Heights, that'll make the park better...

Family park means the WHOLE family, it is NOT a kids park, as it is not Legoland... Whilst it has a fair amount of rides aimed at the younger market, so does Disney, and that's not considered a kids park (but wait, Disney have thrill rides... OMG MIND BLOWN)...

Think about this - Chessington isn't aimed at the thrill market.

I refer you to Fred's post, please quote where I call it a thrill park? I don't exactly. Get some glasses jeez...

Chessington is a family park, not a kids park. And therefore should cater for everyone.

It'll lead those children waiting to be tall enough to be able to ride something bigger, whilst giving some fun to the older kids who probably don't enjoy berry bouncers half as much as they used to.

^ Correct. It's not a thrill ride.

And Chessington aren't trying to appeal to "the RideAddict market" so they shouldn't care less whether they have disappointed you by fixing one of their rides.

What do you mean by the RideAddict market?

It's your way of thinking that chessington used mid-00s which ruined the park.

My way? If so, please explain.

I refer you to Fred's post, please quote where I call it a thrill park? I don't exactly. Get some glasses jeez...

You classed it as a thrill ride. Fred didn't.

As said, Rameses isn't a thrill ride.

Jeez, all I say is that I want Rameses gone and people jump on me. Such negativity here, and an opinion is against the rules. :closedeyes:

It is for the market that Chessie aim at.

Come on you're 'Mr Marketing' you should know that. It is actually a thrill ride for older 'adventurers'

On the map it isn't classed as a thrill ride no because again you should know this from Marketing, it's about how you market the ride and what words you use. So yeah it's also up to personal classification.

Nub and jist, for the type of park it is, it's a thrill ride.

As said, Rameses isn't a thrill ride.

Wait, a ride that can go upside down multiple times isn't a thrill ride?

Considering Huss Rides don't list it under Family Rides on their own website, surely the manufacturer cannot be wrong?

Rameses IS a thrill ride, indeed, surely Top Spins are deemed as such since so many seem to want Thorpe (the THRILL RIDE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD) to get one?

^

My way? If so, please explain.

Your way: Having rides which you deem suitable for the Chessington market. According to yourself, Rameses isn't suitable for the market. I presume Rattlesnake wouldn't be either in your way of thinking.

Well, this is how chessington decided to go once Tussauds bought Thorpe Park. They removed Samurai, replaced it with peeking heights. They introduced hocus pocus hall, built land of the dragons, put sponsorship into Bubbleworks and completely changed their branding and identity to fit within these ideas.

Result?: Huge loss of custom, huge brand clash, lower guest satisfaction. Until merlin came in and gave the park direction again.

It is for the market that Chessie aim at.

Come on you're 'Mr Marketing' you should know that. It is actually a thrill ride for older 'adventurers'

On the map it isn't classed as a thrill ride no because again you should know this from Marketing, it's about how you market the ride and what words you use. So yeah it's also up to personal classification.

Nub and jist, for the type of park it is, it's a thrill ride.

You seem to be outnumbered, see the quote below underneath Benin's quote, from Huss' website.

Read and give it up.

Wait, a ride that can go upside down multiple times isn't a thrill ride?

Considering Huss Rides don't list it under Family Rides on their own website, surely the manufacturer cannot be wrong?

Rameses IS a thrill ride, indeed, surely Top Spins are deemed as such since so many seem to want Thorpe (the THRILL RIDE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD) to get one?

You can't even get that right. It's under Family rides, and here is the description of it from their website:

TOP SPIN | The original

With this extraordinary ride, spectacular but comfortable ride effects with very high g-forces are achieved in a very small area of space:

• Very high gravity-induced accelerations of up to 4 g
  • Vertical circular and swinging movements
  • Exciting loopings within a very small space
  • Impressive visuals offered by the looping ride
  • Very profitable ride with a high capacity of 40 passengers per ride
  • Ergonomic cushioned seats fitted with a multiply Redundant locking system
  • Dc Motors allow for very smooth ride sequences
  • Good tolerance of ride movements substantiated in aeromedical tests
  • Designed in accordance with DIN 4112 and approved by TUV Bavaria

Unlike regular rides with a vertical rotation axis, the main rotation axis of the Top Spin lies horizontal at a height of approx. 10 meters above the ground.

Each passenger is held by two hydraulically operated shoulder and lap bars with body-hugging cushioning which, after the smooth closing movement, are themselves locked in position by an additional pneumatic catch.

Both ends of the bench supporting girder are connected to so-called spin girders through floating pendulum bearings. The spin girders in turn are connected to the main rotation axis via a ball-and-socket joint.

The thrust bearings of the spin girders with the connecting shaft are two uprights consisting of welded box girders with one flange joint each. These uprights are bolted onto a robust base structure- which on roadmodels is mounted on a transport chassis.

No mention of thrill at all.

Your way: Having rides which you deem suitable for the Chessington market. According to yourself, Rameses isn't suitable for the market.

Correction - it's longer suitable for the market. Maybe back in 1995, but not 18 years later.

It's perfectly suitable in todays market. Much the same as Ripsaw is perfectly suitable in todays market. They both have riders, and both have relatively good satisfaction records.

It won't go until it has something to replace it, or it explodes into a billion pieces. As it's not an S&S ride, it'll be the former and knowing chessington that'll take some time.

Seriously RideAddict?! It's great that they have repaired the ride so quickly, it is a good ride (imo) and provides something for older people at Chessington to go on.

If it doesn't appeal to you, don't go on it! The Jungle Bouncers (or whatever they are called now) don't appeal to me, but that doesn't make me think they should remove it!

You seem to be outnumbered, see the quote below underneath Benin's quote, from Huss' website.

Read and give it up.

You can't even get that right. It's under Family rides, and here is the description of it from their website:

Sorry, but when you can't even back yourself up correctly...

http://www.hussrides.com/family-rides.html

I suggest that you stop, because you're just going to embarrass yourself dear... Suggesting I couldn't get things right when your poor attempt at being right was in fact, wrong...