Rameses Revenge

Dan9

Thanks for the photos! You have lots of other interesting pictures too.What do you mean the snakes were the reason for its retheme? I quite like them, a shame theming touches like this often get run over and forgotten.

The snakes were fixed onto the sides of the arms and the Supports so got in the way of maintenance. At least thats the reason I believe... my minds a bit foggy though.

Haven't been to the park for a while and they were giving two rides on this today and second time round it seemed to go upside down 4 times in a row, I don't ever remember it going over that many times or is it just a setting I have never seen before? Was great fun and find it brilliant that the ride still pulls in so many spectators.

Haven't been to the park for a while and they were giving two rides on this today and second time round it seemed to go upside down 4 times in a row, I don't ever remember it going over that many times or is it just a setting I have never seen before? Was great fun and find it brilliant that the ride still pulls in so many spectators.

You always get 2 circuits offered on Rameses Revenge usually :unsure:One where it doesn't unlock straight away and one where it looks quite quickly and you get spun :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Well I got this quickly from wikipedia when it popped into my head but I've read it on 2 or 3 other sites as well....Lol, I also think a soundtrack would be great with Rameses.... the ride has great potential to build a lot of suspense whilst queueing, and I think that a soundtrack would really help do this.

Well I got this quickly from wikipedia when it popped into my head but I've read it on 2 or 3 other sites as well....

Well, you can't really tell from a few sites and Wikipedia.Oh, wait, you can of course! :) Anyway, Rameses Revenge has always been a very non-action ride I feel. The theming is great and the location in the pit really effective. The ride is nicely thrilling and unique compared to most others at Chessington and in fact the UK (obviously apart from Ripsaw). However, there is no music, sound effects or atmosphere coming at riders. It benefit really well from something like that, but would that be better than the guest/operator interaction we have now? Perhaps not. In fact, I think the ride already has a kind of atmosphere when watching others from the viewing point. There is always a crowd there and is not something you find on many thrill rides.

• 1 month later...

Meant to post this at the time but completely forgot - I went to CWoA on my birthday - park was so so dead other than a couple of school groups that were going on certain rides at certain times, that we just avoided.... anyway, to cut a long story short, I ended up on Ramases completely by myself, completely the highlight of my day!The ride op had a chat with me over the PA, asked my name, said nice to meet you, my name's Chris (I think?) - anyway, was such a good laugh! People looking on too including my girlfriend. After going round once, the ride op said "How was that Mat?" and "Do you fancy some spins?" - to which he then did the cycle with the 4 flips mentioned below.By the sounds of it, this is now regular when it's not busy... however, being by myself made it so special!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this isn't going to ever happen, but wouldn't it be great if this moved to Thorpe Park. I thing that the themeing could tie in nicely with the SAW. However one of the best things about the ride is the location in "the pit" so if it did move, I'm not sure a similar location exists.

What a stupid idea... Go away...Thorpe already took and destroyed one of Chessie's old adult rides, let's not let it happen again...It would be so much cheaper (and better) to actually get a new one (a la Talocan) then move Rammie as well...Argh... Some people...

why I said "this is never going to happen".

Then why mention it here? Why not go to the Thorpe section and find the suggestions topic and post..."I think Thorpe should get a Huss TopSpin like Rameses and Ripsaw as it would suit the Saw branding"Saves on really pointless posts don't it if you think about it...

• 2 months later...